Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Dual Blades
Hey guys,
I just asked myself if it was possible to make dual blades in Mount and Blade.
I mean using 2 one-handed swords in every hand You can block and attack with.
And I don't just want to attack with one blade and use the other one as a shield with just
a different texture (eg as it is used in Fullinvasion 2 with Gandalf).
That'd be a hard piece of work to do I believe. Sounds pretty awesome however.
How about dual wielding without the ability to block but just chamber-block - would increase the skill cap of melee combat a lot Smile
Do You mean that both swords will block in the same direction with "chamber-block"?
But it was much too overpowered to give it two block directions: Think about troops like pikemen that can only attack from above and below. Then You can't be killed when You just keep blocking and the "special skill" of this enemy class was gone. 
Chamber-blocking is done hitting the attack button with the same attack direction as you'd have to block with and denieing the enemy's attack while attacking yourself. You cannot block ranged attacks that way and it's quite hard to actually do chambers-blocks.
First video on youtube to find when looking for chamber blocks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh35FVWuqF8
I see what You mean, but chamber blocking seems to be quite hard to me, when You even have to block at the right moment. Maybe we could make it easier and let both blades block in the same direction - I'm open for ALL opinions, as long as they have to do something with this topic :S
attacking in 2 different directions at the same time? do you wanna split your mouse or how would you control where to hit with the second blade? leaving aside that this is probably impossible for a game like Mount&Blade Warband
(26-04-2014, 09:47 PM)Noname link Wrote: I see what You mean, but chamber blocking seems to be quite hard to me, when You even have to block at the right moment. Maybe we could make it easier and let both blades block in the same direction - I'm open for ALL opinions, as long as they have to do something with this topic :S

Something that has to do with this topic: Dual wielding is impossible with Warband's engine.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Everything is possible. The question is just, is it really worth the effort? In this case, no.
Also, this has already been proposed.
(26-04-2014, 11:27 PM)-Perception- link Wrote: Everything is possible. The question is just, is it really worth the effort? In this case, no.
Also, this has already been proposed.

The effort being rewriting (part of) Warband's engine? Tongue
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(26-04-2014, 09:51 PM)Hablam link Wrote: attacking in 2 different directions at the same time? do you wanna split your mouse or how would you control where to hit with the second blade? leaving aside that this is probably impossible for a game like Mount&Blade Warband
For controlling both blades I thought about controlling one with the mouse movement and the other one with ASWD, which You can choose in the options. But to enable both at the same time it would be a massive work to change M&B.
I don't think dual wielding in M&B is impossible. But maybe it would be easier to use one blade only for blocking and the other one only for attacking. But then there would have to be new block or attack animations for the left blade (Or eas it possible just to reflect the normal animations?).
To get one blade in the left hand, a part of the shield scripts could be used (I don't know if that would work :S).
I hope at least some of my points were right :D