Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Sharpthorn
Is it worth to buy sharpthorn ?    I am a Pavise Champion
(09-02-2015, 03:01 PM)Adikk link Wrote: Is it worth to buy sharpthorn ?    I am a Pavise Champion

For me, Pavise Champion's purpose is to shield and is solely to shield. While pavise does retain the crossbowman skills, and it comes in handy when you're behind barricades and all the shielding spots are taken, pavises normally run with one handed / shield / shield / support to maximize on shielding ability. Buy it if you think you'll use it.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(18-02-2015, 05:42 PM)Terath link Wrote: [quote author=Adikk link=topic=39605.msg219693#msg219693 date=1423494062]
Is it worth to buy sharpthorn ?    I am a Pavise Champion

For me, Pavise Champion's purpose is to shield and is solely to shield. While pavise does retain the crossbowman skills, and it comes in handy when you're behind barricades and all the shielding spots are taken, pavises normally run with one handed / shield / shield / support to maximize on shielding ability. Buy it if you think you'll use it.
[/quote]

You would just change your gear depending on the needs of the team.  Obviously you wouldn't bring in shields and one-hander if you're joining a run with three Royal Guards.  Conversely, you wouldn't bring your crossbow and bolts in to a match where there are no shielders.

Saying Pavise Champion's sole purpose is only to shield is seriously under utilizing such an excellent class.
^ What Bearstronaut said ^
i'm pavise, and i own sharpthorn and bronze bolts. I love being able to join cav with tower, AB, sharpthorn and bronze bolts; and i also like to be able to switch roles as needed without leaving the server. That being said, like Terath, i mostly shield or join servers to give shields to others who are using SKSs and such. However, it is nice to have the option, and Sharpthorn has great speed (and a beautiful model).
Characters:
Deerheart: Royal ShielDeer | Eikthyrnir: Antlered Legionnaire | Cernunnos: Pavise ShielDeer | CerynianHind: Master of Pelts | Hart_Or: HalberDeer | Furcifer: Warden of the Wood
Eh, I guess you're right. That's just how I play though. You do what you want, man.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off