Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Infantry Suggestions and Info

Suggestions and Info

Infantry

Heavy Infantry

Sergeant

Commando
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]

Shield : Shields are very important to have, what else is gonna stop that arrow flying at you ( other then your body, or in most cases your face ) or those pesky enemies crowding around you. For infantry there are three types of shields, there are Round shields which are the strongest of the shields but don't have much coverage and are a little slower to pull up to block so therefore I don't recommend them. Then there are Kite shields and Heater shields these two have the same coverage but different hit points and resistance stats. Kite shields will usually have less hp ( hit points ) then heater shields but more resistance and Heater shields will have more hp then kite sheilds but less resistance. So I personally think they are the same but I like the way heater shields look, so I recommend those. Im using the Plain Heater Shield.

i do believe that you have the stats of kite shields and heater shields mixed up;
  Heater shield                                                                                      kite shield                                           
  weight3                                                                                              Weight3
  spd rting90                                                                                        Spd rtng90
  Body armor14                                                                                Body armor13
  Hit points530                                                                                    Hit points550

Shield width36                                                                                  Shield width36
  Shield Height70                                                                                  Shield height70

and my own little note i think it would be good to add to this shield section: while heater shields do have more resistance the majority of  nords uses axes which ignore armour/resistance ratings so the higher hp shield, ie: the kite shield, would be better in the long run against the nordinvasion.

other than that i found this a very interesting and informative thread and i believe this would be helpful towards any new players
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
:o  looks like I fudged up, I'll add that in. Thanks.
Does anyone know if Heavy Infantrymen can use the Grosse Messer and Swadian Steel Shield? Also sorry about the lack of info on the Commando i reached the character limit, also because the limit I ended up not being able to add a Recruit sections for suggestions and info. Oh well can't have everything  Tongue. Hope this guide thingy helps.
You should probably get into the habit of reserving the second post so that you have additional space in your threads.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(19-05-2012, 08:53 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: You should probably get into the habit of reserving the second post so that you have additional space in your threads.
Oh i see I was thinking of that but I was like i'll never exceed the limit  Tongue
For big big big big spenders, Commando can use the Swadia/Swadian hope, which is slightly better than the Steel Sword.
*cough*
(19-05-2012, 03:14 AM)Jarold link Wrote: Does anyone know if Heavy Infantrymen can use the Grosse Messer and Swadian Steel Shield?

I'm currently a Heavy Infantry and yes, I can purchase the Grosse Messer, I have also picked it up and used it in game, however they are currently in the Auction Hall for about 10,000 gold, so I don't think I'll be buying one any time soon, it's crazy how inflated prices are in there.

Haven't seen a Swadian Steel Shield so cannot comment on that with Heavy infantry.

Great guide btw it really helped me get going, is there anything you would add to this guide since you first wrote it?  Perhaps more about secondary skills and support roles that suit the infantry class, or have you found any other weapons that work really well?
Well now that i've played for awhile, I don't use marketplace weapons/armor any more. I still however recommend grosse messer for heavy infantry, if not elite scimitar. When I was starting out I used a shield elite scimitar and a two handed sword.

As for support roles, its entirely up to you. If your a commando healer you'll be able to take alot of hits and not die by assassins, since if your full time healer you'll most likely have like 12 medic boxes or 4 surgeon kits equipped. But engineering skill is quite useful to use when you get organised teams. I like being an engineer myself. Its entirely up to you.