Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Potential gold sink - Purchasable Random Legendary
The ability to purchase a random legendary for a large sum of gold off the marketplace.

For a number lets say ~4m.

With higher wave legendaries having a lower chance.

Firstly I think this would bring some stability to the legendary market, and allow players without legendaries themselves to potentially purchase one. Currently legendaries seem to be only traded for other legendaries, making a closed market.

This will also have wider repercussions, it will be removing a large amount of money from the game, every time its used. Hopefully it will counteract the steady increase in price of pretty much everything on the AH.

Also it will provide a new source of legendaries, which will in itself decrease the price of legendaries. Though I believe if the price sufficient, the actual number of legendaries shouldn't be affected too much.

Ofcourse I don't want to change the concept of legendaries too much, they should be rare, powerful and awe-inspiring. Just slightly more available to those unlucky enough to not have legendaries to trade for them Tongue.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Nope , remove all legendaries from players so we can try luckily get them without many of them being in the market
wha?

Remove all players legendaries and start over? that what your saying?
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
yeh , they are way too common anyway.
Sadly JOPO is right, that would be the ideal fix... except for all those with legendary items would be outraged... You could in turn compensate them somehow, but that wouldn't help the rampant inflation now would it?

In short: Removing them would be awesome for the lower players, but hurt the higher players greatly.

The trouble is, Senni is correct... us little guys have virtually no chance to get into the market without putting in around 10 times the effort it took for all the people already possessing legendary gear...

I suppose if left alone though, over time it would sort it self out... As for inflation, you could always just increase taxes? ;D
Lag Spike: Polearm
Speed: 1337
Thrust damage: 9001
(23-05-2012, 10:01 PM)Maskan_Rill link Wrote: In short: Removing them would be awesome for the lower players, but hurt the higher players greatly.

Would not fix a thing. You would just be priced out of the new market by those older players who did not rage quit.

I like Senni's idea, except that I would prefer to see any potential gold sink tied directly to team-play.

----On the legendary items----

Contrary to popular opinion it is possible to buy legendary items. Before the 4.0 patch the average warpick went for around 900k, the price is only now returning to that level. The 4.0 patch freed up large amounts of legendary items for trade because of the large amount of people re-specing, that was a one off and the market has now stabilized.

One can still get into the legendary market through high level craftables; which is what is suppose to happen. Before 4.0 and just after, people skipped the high level expensive craftable items, instead, directly purchasing the next level up, legendaries. Its just silly that for the better part of the last few months, the Swadian Hope has been out-pricing many of the legendaries. The game has been designed to go; marketplace > craftable > high level craftable > legendary. You can still get into the market, but it does take more effort.

Where the real inflation has been is in the high level craftable area, specifically, things like hardend metal. Now that people have been forced to enter that market, the prices have gone up. This is not because of some unique event due to high level players dominating the market, that is just a consequence of the fact that people are supposed to want to craft high level items. What is the point of making a sharpshooter bow, if the fiendish is only 500k? Now people must move through the progression.

The devs have stated that the legendary drop rate has specifically been reduced. This is a tool they can use to increase and decrease the rate so as to maintain the progression through the game at the rate they want.
Joker boxes anyone?

We need an active way of removing gold from the economy, not a passive one.

Pretty sure removing old legendaries would just make any new legendaries be priced at "A bajillion billion million old boots" with the current drop rate.

If you're going to remove them at all, just remove them from the game entirely.
(23-05-2012, 10:01 PM)Maskan_Rill link Wrote: Sadly JOPO is right, that would be the ideal fix... except for all those with legendary items would be outraged... You could in turn compensate them somehow, but that wouldn't help the rampant inflation now would it?

In short: Removing them would be awesome for the lower players, but hurt the higher players greatly.

The trouble is, Senni is correct... us little guys have virtually no chance to get into the market without putting in around 10 times the effort it took for all the people already possessing legendary gear...

I suppose if left alone though, over time it would sort it self out... As for inflation, you could always just increase taxes? ;D

I've got legendaries, and I fully support this, it IS the most viable option.
Also, love the random buy-a-legendary system idea. With a higher chance of more common items, ofcourse.
That way, luck would still be a factor, like it is now, but it would no longer be a closed market, as you say, Senni Smile

Oh, and yes, it might be possible to buy some of the most common legendaries, Barristan, but as we both know, that does NOT go for many others *cough* *volundr* *cough* also counting hurricane bow and legendary xbows and all legendary throwing weapons Smile You cannot buy those.
Hey, players aren't trading legendaries for anything except legendaries and extremely high end craftables!

Let's remove all existing current legendaries, somehow that will solve the low supply high demand problem, which makes legendaries extremely hard to trade for!

Sorry, I'm having trouble following that train of thought.
You could make it have a chance to not giva legendary like theres a chance for a low level legendary and then theres a chance to get a high level legandary but theres also a chance for nothing at all. Does that sound good or no  :o
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]