Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Going from Sharpshooter to Commando
So, I have grown tired of playing as Sharpshooter. I usually toss away my xbow and pick up any royal/aegis shields off the ground and run into the fray. Unfortunately, due to 56 body armor (even with plate mittens giving 8b) I get ripped to shreds quite quickly.

I'm a completely newb when it comes infantry and I've never played commando before..

Currently I have:
Ornata espada
emblemed crossbowman mail
heavy kettle hat
plate mittens
arbalest
gold bolts
SKS

Right now I'm a T4/T2 hybrid and I'd respec to a T4/T2 commando/xbow (for the one-handed/shielding bonus, etc). I think to make the trade worth it I need at least stripped armor..As for what gear to get, I'm clueless.

I'm not sure what types of commandos those are as far as play style goes, besides shielding obviously. For a start, I guess I need a shield, and a one-handed, but what do I put in my other two slots?

I currently have a thread under the trading forum also.

I know I could go xbow hero but I simply don't enjoy shooting so that isn't an option.
if you're going to respec from Sharpshooter to Commando then you can always put 2 shields incase if your team don't have Commando or Royal Guard, 1 handed sword as always and of course bring in any support items.
Infantry will usually fill 1 of 2 roles:

Shielder: With this role you will be you standing in the gap of the cades preventing the nords from reaching your teammates. If you want to do that you probably will want to bring good armor, a decent 1-hander, and a shield in 2 slots. A sks does the job well enough, but you should try to get something better eventually. The hero class you will want to choose for this role is a royal guard.

Slasher: This role consists of standing behind the shielder and using a 2-hander to safely hit the nords. For this role you will obviously want a good 2-hander with a lot of length and damage, and you can put whatever you want in the rest of your slots. A good cheap weapon to use would be a strange great sword. The hero class you will want to choose for this role is a zweihander.

Generally for a decent infantry you will want striped/heavy lam armor, a grinder/marketplace helm, plate boots and gauntlets, an sks, and any 1/2 handers that would be more effective than what you would find in the marketplace.
As a shielder:

1: One hander/Bastard Sword
2: Shield
3: Shield
4: SHC

For example:

1: Head Crusher/Aurora Blade/Justice/Injustice
2: Swadian Kite Shield/Defender Shield
3: same as 2
Clan Cameron / Warden / Siege Engineer
What you want to do as a commando (or as any class, really) is to be as adaptable as possible. I'd recommend that you buy equipment that allows you to fill the role of both a slasher and a shielder. Priority for weapons should be a decent shield and then a two hander. Players should read the situation and play in a way that makes sense for the given situation.

Shield if the team needs shielders. Slash if the team needs slashers. Pick up a medic box and heal if the team needs healers.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma