Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Mounted - Some ideas and Tweaks
I think mounted may be a bit underpowered compared to infantry. As of now leveling mounted to cavalry increases polearm to 45 and riding to 2. I think it should also increase one-handed to about 20 (cavalries main weapon may be a lance but a sword is still needed at times), powerstrike to 1, horse archery 1, and ironflesh 1. In comparision to infantry this would be:

(Proposed) Cav stat increase:

One handed=20
Two handed=0
Polearm=45
Archery=0
Crossbow=0
Throwing=0
Power draw=0
Power throw=0
Power strike=1
Ironflesh=1
Horse archery=1
Riding=2
Athletics=0
Shield=0
Weaponmaster=0

VS.

(Current) Infantry Stat Increase:

One handed=45
Two handed=35
Polearm=20
Archery=0
Crossbow=0
Throwing=0
Power draw=0
Power throw=0
Power strike=2
Ironflesh=1
Horse archery=0
Riding=0
Athletics=1
Shield=1
Weaponmaster=0

Keep Inmind that Cavarly is currently the hardest to level requiring 37500 assit xp, while in comparision infantry requireds 5000 assit xp to level.

Now people have also been complaing about cavarly units getting all the ai to follow them in one big blob to fix that I propose that a limit be set on the mount of ai that can follow one person at a given time, possibly someone like ((# of ai alive)/(# of players alive))+(# of ai alive)/(10)=(max # of ai following a person at any given time).

So for example:
40 ai alive
5 players alive
((40)/(5))+(40/10)=13

This would stop large blobs from forming behind a single cav unit, and could be tweaked to change the amount of ai allowed to follow a single unit.
If you've havent noticed, cav are overpowered in this game. The current stats for now help balances the advantages the cav have over inf. or archers.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
It just looks overpowered, because i'm level 34 >.> the best weapons, besides the lance,  are  a sabre, and a sarranid cavalry sword, which both suck :|
Calvary are for lancing enemies, thats the idea. And for the fact that you have a horse gives you the direct advantage to use full speed bonus of your sword or lance to take out the enemy and for fleeing from combat. The horse is already too Overpowered.

If you want to have a decent skill in melee, go add an infantry class. For pure lancer calvary, they should stick to their current class.

But I still agree its a bit too shallow, the upgrade should be like this.
One handed=10
Two handed=0
Polearm=45
Archery=0
Crossbow=0
Throwing=0
Power draw=0
Power throw=0
Power strike=1
Ironflesh=0
Horse archery=0 (needs a new class for that)
Riding=2
Athletics=0
Shield=0
Weaponmaster=0
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
For lancing enemies? Cav is used to aid teammates by distracting AI from them, if done properly. Also I'm level 12 riding a pony and I do not think I'm overpowered.
(11-12-2011, 06:15 AM)Johao link Wrote: If you've havent noticed, cav are overpowered in this game. The current stats for now help balances the advantages the cav have over inf. or archers.

Cav are limited be the fact that they have to keep moving if they want to do damage, the faster they move the more damage they do. so they have to charge an enemy hit it once then turn around and get ready for another charge, while infantry can stay in the same spot and have enemies whiten range the whole time chopping many of them down in seconds. Simply put an effective infantry can do more damage in a shorter amount of time.
I agree that cavalry should get some increase in one handed. It would certainly seem more logical, as knights should be effective on ground as well as on horseback. Also, on many maps it is almost necessary for cavalry to dismount and fight alongside their comrades, so having some better weapons or WPF would definitely help. People have suggested siege maps and close quarters maps where cavalry would be unable to fight mounted, so an unmounted buff seems to be in need. I realize most players are probably infantry or archer but we should also be more understanding of the problems cavalry face.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Can knights at least get long arming sword to buy from as a crafting weapon from the weponsmith? It an upgrade to the sarranid cavalry sword. Only the thrust attack seems overwelmingly powerful but how many times do you see cavalry thrusting their sword on horseback?

Long arming sword: speed 96, reach 105, 33c, 28p.

vs.

Sarranid cavalry sword: speed 98, reach 105, 28c, 19p.

It is kind of overdoing it giving knights the same crappy melee weapons as previous tier. They don't live up to their name beside the great lance that only good for couching huscarls and poking things like a coward. I understand Jez doesn't want cavalry to be overpowered but something feels wrong with the name. At least change the name to lancer if this keeps up as they receive a polearm proficiency of 230 at the rank of knight. Does this mean I should grab a hafted blade when my character get 2 secondary class levels in infantry?

Drawing crowd of enemies and then taking them out one by one doesn't always work quite so well because it piss people off if it takes too long. I might as well play infantry to engage in a quick melee match instead so people don't get so upset.

Also another balance problem is the knight will want to pick up a cool polearm (especially when unmounted) in the game as soon as possible due to this WPF fluke.

I don't want cavalry to be over powered, I just want the class to be as fun as playing infantry.
I'd rather have Swadian knights be like they are in SP D: