Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The Direction of the Mod
Me and a few of my friends have been wondering what this mod is moving towards.
Over the past few map changes everything appears to have been geared towards shieldwalling as the only valid tactic
that you can use.

This seems to me to be an odd thing to do considering that we have the skirmisher class line, specifically designed to move quickly
around the battlefield in light armour to avoid being cut to ribbons in melee or at range.
As a pikeman myself i'd like to know if there actually will be any role left for me, aside from throwing my small stack of jarids and
then proceeding to stand dejectedly to one side for the wave. In my experience commandoes have been indefinately more useful to
a shieldwall than anyone in the skirmisher line due to the fact that they can shield and slash, easily replacing any fallen comrades with
more shield. Not only that but they can take alot more damage as a slasher, allowing them to have a better chance of surviving otherwise
fatal mishaps

I can appreciate that attempts are being made to stop solo kiting, but surely there is a better way to do so than removing content from the game.
Hey.

Reason why I've been bombarding these mod larger maps is that they were built for Cavarly.
As you know, they are no longer in this mod.
This has been my plan for loong time, it's not only about soloing Archers.

Really interesting question. From the start the mod was taking different directions you can find threads about global campaign map, also deeper relationship between faction and player was intended (faction points on main screen), which tells us a little how ambitious the mod is or was. So where is mod moving? What we gonna see in mod later? Currently shieldwalling is only supported tactic, are you planning to implement other tactics? What your general plans for mod?
I was hoping to see the Nord King one day Tongue
yeah i miss the days of running out as my commando and pretty much soloing til huskies.  lol  and i can still solo til after huskies on my my sniper, just have to wear the light armors. 

I really miss the demi god commandos, but I'm sure Patric Swazi is missed too. 

lol I thought it was more fun to be able to run out and fight, since the same tactic of shield walling over and over gets kind of dry.  I'm not complaining or raging, but what got my attention first starting out, was having the strongest characters in all of the mods/all of warband...  NI was pretty much, skill maxed out demi gods in a hopeless battle to the death.  Now we are normal men, that sometimes get out matched by gardeners. 

I know it would be fruitless to take a poll regarding what the mass of the community wants of the mod, since you guys have your own vision. 

what got me hooked onto Ni when I was.  It was when it was a team of swadians spawned onto a batlefield, and charged and the shield wall stuff would come when it was needed, but most of the time, we were able to actually go out there and fight!!!

How could we do this again, what if we proposed a bargain...  Ramp up all the men to were we can gallivant around the our friends actually fighting, not hiding, and turn off AUTO BLOCK!!!!  Which would re balance it and let NI players learn the skill needed for the rest of the mods.

crap i hope i didn't get fired from the development position you should offer me.=^;^=
LETS DLC@@@@@!!!! <3<3<3

USE THE FUCKING MODIFY BUTTON!! - Hande
Warband Modder / Scener
Unity 3D Developer
Unreal 4 Developer

[WCS] WITCHCORESTUDIOS: Owner / Lead Developer

Current Standalone in progress: Warborn [ Medieval, Survival, Sandbox, MMO ] Assembled using Unity 3D 5

Contact for anything regarding anything: [STEAM]: [WCS] Warborn  [eMAIL]: witchcorestudios@gmail.com
(06-06-2012, 10:06 AM)Nimueh link Wrote: crap i hope i didn't get fired from the development position you should offer me.=^;^=
LETS DLC@@@@@!!!! <3<3<3

Have you been drinking and typing again?
"And it goes a little something like this..."
(05-06-2012, 08:28 PM)Nimueh link Wrote: Now we are normal men, that sometimes get out matched by gardeners. 

No, we are not. As commando we are as bad as fuckin peasants.. Wait no, those peasants swing faster than me.
This going very bad..
Then you are clearly doing something wrong.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
-- this way Smile
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
(05-06-2012, 08:28 PM)Nimueh link Wrote: USE THE FUCKING MODIFY BUTTON!! - Hande

Just noticed this  ;D Knew it would happen soon haha!!
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus