Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Shield Stat Tweaks/Buff Swadian Resilience
Swadian Resilience Stats:
Resistance(body armor): 41
Hit points: 1400
Speed: 89
Shield Height: 70
Weapon length: 35

Royal Shield Stats:
Resistance(body armor): 45
Hit points: 1250
Speed: 90
Shield Height: 50
Weapon length: 30

According to my research on the Warband wiki, shield resistance is factored in as a subtraction from each hit on the shield. Ex. if a 60c swing weapon hits the royal shield, the resistance takes away 45c of that hit, leaving only 15 damage to the shield.
With this math (ignoring shield bonuses based on class), it would take 83 hits from a 60c swing weapon to break a royal shield theoretically. It would take only around 74 hits from a 60c swing weapon to break a swadian resilience.

Considering the Swadian Resilience is more expensive than a royal shield is, it doesn't make sense that it is worse. It currently costs the same amount to craft as an aegis shield, yet the aegis shield can sustain 103 hits from a 60c swing weapon with that math. 74 to 103. Pretty big difference considering they both cost the same to craft. The only time the Swadian Resilience can outshine an aegis shield or royal shield is against bots with weapons that have bonus against shields (since that negates the shield resistance factor), but still the resilience only has 50 more hp than aegis, so still not worth it for that, since aegis is so much sturdier against other waves.

This is why I think the Swadian Resilience needs to have stats tweaked. Either the hit points need to be buffed by quite a lot (even buffing to 1550 hit points would leave it slightly below what a royal can withstand), or more preferably, the resistance needs to be buffed by a few points. Either that, or make the shield cheaper to craft, at least as cheap as the royal.

It really doesn't make sense to have 4 shields (small dragon kite shield, swadian resilience, swadian studded steel shield, and aegis) to all be the exact same crafting recipe, yet the aegis stats are so obviously better than the three other shields by such a substantial amount that those other shields are rarely even used.
Official Banner Update Pack - http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,25828.0.html
Perseus     (Lvl 52 Royal Guard)
Artemis     (Lvl 52 Warden)
Hephaestus (Lvl 52 Zweihander)
Ares          (Lvl 52 Pikeman Hybrid)
Hestia       (Lvl 24 Heavy Xbow)

Loots: 1x Sun Pike
I'm relatively sure that whether or not the damage is cut/pierce/blunt also factors in.  Harlaus made a spreadsheet using all of the math not so long ago that I don't happen to have a link to.  Furthermore, weapons that have bonus against shields ignore resistance altogether (Nords sure do like those axes - in fact, even Jotne and Ward of Ragnar swords are considered axes and have bonus against shields!) so it tends to be more useful to have shields with high hitpoints as opposed to high resistance.

The Aegis has significantly better stats because it is for the hero shielding classes (Pavise and Royal Guard).  The other three shields are for all Commandos.
there are areas where the resilience can outshine the royal shield. for example the resilience is the superior against pierce damage attacks, is much larger and questionably lasts longer against axe type weapons (the weapons with bonus against shields) it is these axe waves that make up the majority of the waves in NI. should it be better than the royal? i think to answer that we need to look at the other 2 house craftable shields (small dragon kite shield, studded steel shield). it would seem a tad boring if all the shields which have a similar crafting cost (all both contain 2 phoenix feathers)  had the same stats. perhaps instead of a generic stat buff we could look at incorporating other buffs such as the ability for crossbowmen to use the shield or perhaps even tier 3's. these are just some ideas on the topic to add to the discussion.
Yes, except even the Royal Shield (which is usable by commandos too) has better stats than the Swadian Resilience. And it is cheaper. Only edge the Resilience has is those bonus against shield types of waves. I get the feeling that those kind of waves are what the Resilience is meant for, but I feel like if the shield resistance was buffed just a little bit to at least make it on par with royal shield perhaps, it would be a a bit more of a contender as a shield choice. Quite honestly I've never seen any Resilience in game other than the one Shagz used to have

And yeah madjosh I agree that it would be silly to have all the shields have the same stats. What doesn't make sense is for them to all cost the same and most of them have crappy stats except for aegis. Yeah I think having those shields usable by other classes maybe would make them a bit more useful. Don't think it would be tempting enough to craft a small dragon kite shield (ex.) instead of a resilience or aegis just because you can use it on t3 inf or something. Most t3 players don't have anywhere close to 2-3mil to craft it anyways.

Each shield should have it's own pro to choosing it over the other shields, along with certain cons. Either that or change the crafting cost structure so they aren't all the same price. So those shields that aren't quite as good would be cheaper.
Official Banner Update Pack - http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,25828.0.html

(11-07-2014, 01:34 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: Ok for some more info.  Last night I finally got the Swadain Resilience crafted. I shielded at our event and on Entranced they did fine because we barreled, on Heavy huscarls i had 3 full ones and they all broke. and the next wave i had 2 and they both broke.  This is with several slashers with stone mauls, and good ranged backup.

My first experience with the Resilience.  Basically it does not last well on the axe waves on hard. I do not know about rag as after that i was rather scared to try it at our event tonight.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Perhaps it would be more useful and sturdier if shield resistance for it was buffed by 2 points. Would make it more on par with royal for most waves, and then it'd have a slight edge on aegis for the axe waves

Bonus Against Shields means weapon will do 100% more damage vs. shields. Nothing to do with the shield resistance. Resilience already has more hit points than the best craftable hero class only Aegis, no reason to buff it more.
Clan Cameron / Warden / Siege Engineer
(12-07-2014, 05:33 AM)Sosruko link Wrote: Bonus Against Shields means weapon will do 100% more damage vs. shields. Nothing to do with the shield resistance.

Can you link where you got that info from?  I've read both in a few different places.
(12-07-2014, 05:54 AM)Winter link Wrote: [quote author=Sosruko link=topic=28832.msg187108#msg187108 date=1405143236]
Bonus Against Shields means weapon will do 100% more damage vs. shields. Nothing to do with the shield resistance.

Can you link where you got that info from?  I've read both in a few different places.
[/quote]

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Shields

the quote is "Certain weapons, mainly axes and axe-like weapons, ignore this value when dealing damage."
So yeah it does kind of have something to do with shield resistance. just means that the weapons with Bonus Against Shields ignore the shield resistance modifier

Not sure where Sosruko got his info

This has been tested but the best I could find for now is http://forum.melee.org/game-balance-disc...#msg275579
Clan Cameron / Warden / Siege Engineer