Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Submission] Naval Invasion
i finally started making it and i believe it has great potential but i need to work on it more. one problem: i need ideas! so i thought: "well why dont i let the people that would play on it if it gets accepted give me some of their ideas so the people will like it?" so im gonna post some screens of what i have so far and i would welcome any ideas for details and just some additions that would make the map better and more fun Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin so have fun brainstorming you guys!!!!!

https://imgur.com/a/LljaD

the player spawn is the cliff-like rock and the bot spawn is the large flat rock
Randomize the Ships ... Atm they all face the same direction to 100%. Also they are a bit to many, maybe delete 2-3. Connect the cliffs to a shoreline, musnt be accesable just background. Assaulting a rock doesnt make that much sense. Use more objects, create some scenerie otherwise map will be quite boring to play on. Like a small look out camp on the rock ... or just add some stuff that maybe got abonded some time ago and lyes around on that place. Add Plants, atleast some bushes or Rocks if u dont want to add Trees. Also make the Connctions between the Ships more uhm ... logical... i think no nord would build such strange struckture... Well i hope i could help u a bit. Dont want to insult u, but you need to put quite some more work in this map to make good. I hope i could help you.

Greetings Muesliriegel
oh no prob im not insulted i usually have a lot of criticism but let me tell you why the ships are connected that way: i had to have some type of connection that would take the players and bots forever to cross, i also couldnt just put ladders cause you cant fight on a space that small, i had to connect the ships with big enough platforms to have a battle on no matter how stupid it looks or how realistic it would be xD i do appreciate your willingness to give me some ideas though Big Grin
p.s. i dont want to connect  the rocks to make a shoreline because i have the players and bots spawn on the seperate rocks so that there wont be any difficulty with bots falling into the water on spawn and there is no real point to having a "naval battle" that takes place on the shoreline cause the opposing sides can reach each other

please if you have any more ideas just go ahead and post Big Grin
(09-06-2012, 04:48 AM)Eragon link Wrote:oh no prob im not insulted i usually have a lot of criticism but let me tell you why the ships are connected that way: i had to have some type of connection that would take the players and bots forever to cross, i also couldnt just put ladders cause you cant fight on a space that small, i had to connect the ships with big enough platforms to have a battle on no matter how stupid it looks or how realistic it would be xD i do appreciate your willingness to give me some ideas though Big Grin
p.s. i dont want to connect  the rocks to make a shoreline because i have the players and bots spawn on the seperate rocks so that there wont be any difficulty with bots falling into the water on spawn and there is no real point to having a "naval battle" that takes place on the shoreline cause the opposing sides can reach each other

please if you have any more ideas just go ahead and post Big Grin

well, if you want to make it a true naval battle perhaps then you should just take the rocks out altogether and have the spawn points at on opposing ships. of course if that is not possible to do that then nevermind my comment Tongue
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
well its possible but my friend and i tested it while it only had spawn points on ships and we would spawn WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY high in the sky so we decided to say rock is gooooood xD
You need to change a lot, maybe scale some ships bigger, connect them with the new bridge prop (1.153) and dont make it too plain.
Unfortunately im still banned, so who cares.  Tongue
Good luck with the map.
yes i do and lol
i still cant go on unless i get more ideas you guys :/