Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Continuous Waves
Not sure if I spelt Continuous right. Oh well

Hello!

I started playing this mod two days ago and I think it's pretty fun. One thing that really bugged me was that players instead of keeping back and defending key bottlenecks they always charged right to the bot spawn. When the harder waves come this normally gets them all killed.

So I was thinking of ways to maybe try and stop this and I thought of one that I thought might work.

I thought why not make it so waves of low level bots (Peasants, Serfs etc...) continuously spawn then the harder waves spawn normally with them. So basically the Peasants and Serfs just keep coming and if the players stay too close to their spawn will make the players get overrun quickly therefore making players stay further back to defend better positions.

It was just an idea that I thought might work and would make the mod more fun.
I think it's a pretty nice idea, but it would make it very hard for people to heal/refill. Especially when you're the only survivor with 5 HP and you keep getting harrassed by peasants.
Well, this idea would fit very well with the health/ammo refill at the end of every round. But, since in this idea there is no "end", I think it should happen when another kind of wave appears... but that may unbalance the game a bit.
There is a reason for the wave system:

To allow players to recuperate and prepare themselves for another fight against the Nord invasion.

To allow a constant endless wave of bots to stream down the players would mean everyone has to take turns to assign themselves between horde killing/ammo refill/healing. This forces players to be constantly trying to cause a genocide without a resting point for each horde maiming.

A great idea that incurs the sense of "Nord" invasion but overall, an unbalanced one.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
Everyone rushes because the maps have NO effective bottlenecks , like in Full invasion maps
(12-12-2011, 04:17 PM)Johao link Wrote: A great idea that incurs the sense of "Nord" invasion but overall, an unbalanced one.

What he said. Tongue
[align=center][Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
I don't like the idea of continuous waves too much, maybe as a separate gamemode but the current system of wave by wave allows players to rest and regen before facing the next horde.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]