Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Some Simple Suggestions to Improve Nord Invasion (this is good stuff, ya)
After playing this mod for more than a few hours, I've come up with some simple suggestions that I think would improve the mod overall. Most of them are simple gameplay improvements that would be easy to implement. Please comment and discuss, I'd like to know what you think about them.
(Sorry for the long post, I tried to make it as easy-to-read as possible. It's pretty much in order so that my most important suggestions are first and my least important suggestions are last.)

Show the sum of assist XP you earn when combat lulls.

Right now, assist XP is shown everytime you get an assist, leading to a chatbox of alternating green text (kills) and blue text (assists) that goes all the way to the top of your screen and covers the left half of your monitor. To greatly cut down on chatbox messages, the assist XP you earn should be added up while you are getting lots of assists in a short time span, and then shown as a total sum awarded after you go a few seconds without getting an assist.

Rather than a chatbox looking like this:
Your chatbox would look something like this:
Note: Your assist XP should still be awarded each time you get an assist, at the time of the assist. This means that if you lose connection before your XP is added up and shown in chat, you've still earned all that juicy XP.

Another Note: The message notification for finding loot should still show up as soon as you find it, like it does now. Basically what I mean is the chatbox should look something like this:

Show your kills in a different color than other people's kills.

It's really hard to see if you got a kill sometimes when a lot of nords are being slaughtered and the chatbox is scrolling really fast. It would make it much easier to see your kills if they were displayed in a different color in the chatbox. Basically it would look like this:
Note: I don't know what color would be best, that's up for you guys to discuss. The color has to be noticable from a quick glance, and it shouldn't be the same color as any other messages.

Show the current wave number at the beginning of each wave.

This could be a brightly colored message in the chatbox, or graphic text in the center of the screen like you see at the beginning of the round (the big text used for the countdown timer)
Example (chatbox, not the countdown-style text):

Finished quest messages that show the quest and it's rewards.

This has been suggested in another thread but I wanted to bring it up here because it's a minor change and it's a good idea. I've often found myself scratching my head wondering what I did to complete a quest and what the reward was.
Original thread: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...568.0.html

Inventory page on the website

Right now the only way I've found to view all your items on the website is to go to Marketplace and then to 'Sell Items'
This seems really clunky, there should be a dedicated page just to view your items. The link to the Inventory page should be on the toolbar that contains 'Character', 'Crafting', 'Marketplace', 'Quests', etc...

OK all the suggestions above were my important suggestions that really don't need much debate as to whether they should be added; They're all solid ideas and require only minor changes. My next few ideas will need some discussion as they are much bigger changes.

Allow map polling, but don't allow the same map to be played 3 times in a row.

Sometimes a server will empty once a map people don't like gets loaded. I understand why map polling was taken out, people were grinding the easy maps all day, and everytime a server filled up, people voted to change the map. I think polling should be reenabled, but the same map can only be played twice in a row. This limits map grinding and still gives us users some control over what we get to play. Sometimes we just want a rematch on that last map because we think we can do better!

Able to see items in the Auction Hall that your class can't use

I have some items (like medic boxes) from my character before I respec'd that I want to sell on the Auction Hall. The only problem is I can't check the prices people are currently selling these items for, so I have no idea what kind of price I should sell these items for. I think we should be able to see items your character cannot currently use in the auction hall, but there should be some visual representation so you can easily know whether you can or cannot use something. Maybe make the title text for the item red or something. I think this feature would also be useful for people who craft items to sell in the AH, but I don't really know because I don't craft stuff.

Note: This option should be made to be easily toggleable, because I don't always want to see ten thousand items I can't use in the auction hall.

I don't know the last suggestion in this list is possible, but I think it would be a pretty cool feature. Discuss it please, I'd like to know.

Have a toggleable option to make your helm invisible.

Imagine an option on the website that would toggle your visual helm on/off. In-game you would look like you're not wearing a helm at all. Your helm would still be giving you the same armor rating as it normally would, but you would be able to see your character's pretty face! It's just a cosmetic change, not really game-changing, but I think it would be great, especially for Highlander Armor (which doesn't have a matching helm).

Note: Again, I'm not sure if this is possible, but I think it could be done. Maybe have the model for the helm just be transparent or something. Someone who make models for this game should comment on this, please.

That's the end of my text wall, if you made it to the end you deserve a gold star or something. I hope my first few suggestions make it into a patch someday because they are the really important ones (the ones about cutting down on clutter in the chatbox, and the current wave number message). Please comment and discuss, I'd like to hear your guys' opinions on this stuff.
Thanks for some nice ideas. We will think about these.
(14-06-2012, 08:17 PM)Hande link Wrote:Thanks for some nice ideas. We will think about these.

Those ingame chat ideas are brilliant, I hope you're not just thinking about it but rather plan on implementing! Big Grin
We never implement anything, merely think about them.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
You've got to understand the devs do a very hard job thinking so much!

The assist XP thing was proposed by Jez I think some time ago, but got ignored a bit, so it should be possible and I hope it will get implemented this time. The toggle helmet option isn't a good idea if I remember correctly, because there'd need to be a model of every helmet as both visible and invisible, limiting the number of other items. The wave number thing isn't important in my opinion, it's dashingly easy to determine what wave it is without it and frankly I'd consider it an insult to my superior intelligence.

I also like the quest reward and the different kill colour things Smile

well i personally like to see all the assist xp go by as im shielding i just stare at the pretty blue letters.

Also the toggable helmet i think your head is invisible or something weird like that in the game so with some helmets you cant do it, or with other you'll be bald. I dunno.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
The bald thing came on top of that indeed Tongue
Hair/beards are indeed an issue in warband...
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Yea I figured the helmet thing would be the least likely suggestion, but I threw it in there anyway.
Hey lots of good ideas, I don't know how difficult to implement and the helm thing is really the one that wouldn't seem worth the work.

But the others, and I bow to Kwal and his superior intelligence, but with my greatly inferior intelligence and the ease by which I'm distracted by bright and shiny objects I like the wave idea and while others may disagree, how about say wave 5, re-spawn round.

OK even with my limited intellect I usually know when it's a re-spawn round but I do get easily confused, but also we have a constant stream of new players and when on normal there are constant questions as to is it a re-spawn round or not. And while the Devs may not like the die and re-spawn tactic to get fresh cades, arrows, health, etc., it's a current game tactic. So a notification would help co-ordinate that especially when playing with newer players.

But the biggest deal for me would be being able to see the pricing of things I craft but cannot see/use, such as medic boxes/surgeon's kit etc., . Now I've asked players who can use them to check for me or I can research the forum but that seems a bit of an unnecessary effort and I usually try and sell at what I think is a fair price and less than the average. But I don't see what this would detract from NI, less time checking, more time killing Nords.