Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Thoughts on Hero class equipment
With the recent debate concerning Rangers and their choices of bows, I've done some thinking regarding Hero classes and their weapons of choice.
As it stands now, almost every Hero class is centered around a single kind of equipment. The Marauder, for example, focuses on polearms, while the Halberdier focuses more on heavy armor. This leaves a couple of classes as the odd ones out, like the Sentinel, Aventurier, and arguably the Legionnaire. This made me wonder though; why should there be only one class for one kind of item?

To keep things somewhat related to the Ranger debate, lets pick Snipers as an example. As it stands now, the Warden gets better with bows, and the Ranger gets better armor.
An example of what I've been thinking would be the following: give the Warden light, quick, and shorter ranged bows, along with light-weight armor, while the Ranger gets slow, powerful and long-range bows, along with the heavier and bulkier armor they have now. The Sentinel would then get a selection of both categories of bows, though without access to the strongest ones, but retain their one handed skills.

As for the Sharpshooter, heavy, slow, hard hitting crossbows like the Big Shot could be given to one class, say, the Chosen Marksman, while the Aventurier would get faster, weaker crossbows like the Repeaters, or the Eagle Crossbow if that ever gets released. The Pavise is strong enough on itself with the better armor and shields they get.
This would end up having to use quite a lot of new items, but that's not an insurmountable obstacle.

Any thoughts on this?
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
I agree 100%. Hero class should, in my opinion, be more than a stat increase.
Now now, there shouldn't be some restriction of crossbows in such a way as your example.

Aventurier should focus on onehanded skills and use items like Arbalest, Repeater, and etc.
Chosen should remain at being the one class you go if you want special crossbows.

Pavise should focus on bringing in things like Tower Shield and that's it.

All legendary crossbows should be non-class restrictive allowing for any Hero Class (and possibly lower) to use them. This allows for actual choice between the three. If I want to shield sometimes, but shoot most of the time, I go Pavise.

If I want to defend myself and be basically a good overall class for defense and offense, I go Aventurier.

If I want to maximize my ability in crossbows, and be able to bring in *Specialized Items* I got Chosen Marksman.

This way, everyone can pick the class they want. I personally would prefer Aventurier, but can't pass up the Eastern Repeater. I feel that my restriction on having to pick Chosen to bring in Big Shot and Eastern Repeater is justified.
(28-07-2014, 01:53 AM)The Dark Robin link Wrote:I agree 100%. Hero class should, in my opinion, be more than a stat increase.
Ye
(28-07-2014, 02:50 AM)ExPressive link Wrote:[quote author=The Dark Robin link=topic=29638.msg189785#msg189785 date=1406512400]
Ye
[/quote]Ye
I agree with this to an extent.  I think there should be more hero class gear but it should be centered around the role of the class chosen.  Ideally it would be great if every class got armor and weapons specific to it's strengths.  I'll try to stick to archer and xbow as those are the classes touched on so far. 
        For warden I agree  - a lightweight armor and quick bows to maximize the running around shooty'ness.  Ranger - heavy armor and slower strong bows would be interesting and promote the idea of staying behind the cades as a sniper and acting as a supporting shielder when the time came.  Sentinel - 1h weapons (obviously Tongue), medium/light'ish armor with decent protection; not as light as warden but not as tough as ranger. 
        To me the main draw of a hero class is not just the stat increase in certain areas, it is the ability to use unique gear that you otherwise could not equip.  As an archer t4 ability is pretty good.  With a good bow and arrows you can deal great damage and get quite a number of kills.  The same can be said for any class.  This is why I think the hero classes should get gear that compliments the style of how that class should be played.  If you want to equip the best bows and xbows available you should have to be warden/chosen marksman.  If you want the best possible 1h weapon then sentinel/legionnaire/adventurier. Best slashing weapon - zwei. 
          As it stands right now there are too many items that are usable by every (hero) class which are better than the class locked ones.  There are also hero classes (like warden) which are currently completely lacking in any sort of unique item.  In my opinion there is very little reason to use a hero class unless you get access to better gear which supports your play style. 
(28-07-2014, 02:52 AM)Weiner link Wrote:[quote author=ExPressive link=topic=29638.msg189789#msg189789 date=1406515859]
[quote author=The Dark Robin link=topic=29638.msg189785#msg189785 date=1406512400]
Ye
[/quote]Ye
[/quote]
Ye

(28-07-2014, 05:46 AM)Suns link Wrote:[quote author=Weiner link=topic=29638.msg189790#msg189790 date=1406515922]
[quote author=ExPressive link=topic=29638.msg189789#msg189789 date=1406515859]
[quote author=The Dark Robin link=topic=29638.msg189785#msg189785 date=1406512400]
Ye
[/quote]Ye
[/quote]
Ye
[/quote]
Ye

For me its really nice idea but as we already know the new patch is coming and noone except devs and bet testers know what'll be changed. I think Devs do their bests to keep this game balanced and they may keep some suprises with hero classes gear for us.

Cheers