Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

My thoughts on a lack of mid-level priced one handers for commandos
TLDR: I want a couple one-handed weapons that cost 600-800k. (dedicated one handers, not bastard swords)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being a legionnaire, I have noticed a lack of a balanced price range of one hander weapons, and more importantly, one hander weapons in the mid-level category. I will try to stay away from the discussion on stat buff's for legionarie here, and instead focus on the equipment.

There are the entry level "good' weapons, which are the vengeance and steel cutter for the legionarrie, and the butcher and the boarding axe for the zweihander.
Then there are the "upper level" good weapons, which are in the 2 million category, including the frost fang, hero's hope, etc for legionnaire, and the the various upper level weapons for zwei.

Zweihander get several mid level weapons, like the TSBS, in the "Mid-level" category. The TSBS is around 700k, and several other mid-level weapons are as well. The legionarrie on the other hand, only really has access to the worm bane or aurora blade as a mid level weapon. Due to the worm bane and AB being bastard swords, they take a 30 percent nerf when being used as one handers. That 30 percent nerf makes them far worse than lower-tier equipment such as the steel cutter. To summarize, bastard swords (also referred to as hand-and-a-half swords) are not a viable option for legionaries to use.

In effect, there is a massive gap between one-handed tiers (steel cutter at 350k, frost fang at appx. 2m), with a mid-level tier being nonexistent. There is no 600-800k price range for one-handed (non-bastard type) weapons.

The steel sword was an interesting commando level weapon that many dislike due to it's cumbersomeness but I thought to be extremely interesting. It has 110 length, which is simply incredible for a non-bastard one hander weapon. It's not a bastard sword which means it is a dedicated one hander, with no nerf's like the worm bane or AB.

I thought if we made one or two 600k-800k upgraded versions of the steel sword, that would be fantastic. It would be usable by all commando classes. Most importantly, to justify the expense (almost as expensive as a worm bane), it would not be a bastard weapon; that is vital, of course.

example one: Steel Long Sword (simple names are always the best); 99 speed, 108 length, 50 cut. It's basically like the swadian courage but with two less cut. This is just a rough example. If these stats are ridiculously OP or underpowered, please don't be angry at me and suggest your own stats.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In addition, this raises the issue of why such a wide range of one-handed weapons all have identical crafting costs. For example, why is the ornate crusader sword, or the tempered steel falchion just as expensive as a frost fang? An alternate fix would be to make these mid-level weapons more reasonably priced. (600-800k, instead of 1.5-2m)
This is a superb idea, it'd be nice to see 'mid-level' weapons. A Steel Sword is a couple dozen thousand then there is a huge price gap between the Steel Sword and the next range of 1h Commando weapons (Vengeance, Steel Cutter etc).

Personally I dislike bastard swords, they are too long to be used comfortably for 1h CQC and usually their 2h capabilities are inferior to dedicated 2h weapons.

'cept Kokt Torsk  Wink
(28-07-2014, 11:05 PM)ExPressive link Wrote: This is a superb idea, it'd be nice to see 'mid-level' weapons. A Steel Sword is a couple dozen thousand then there is a huge price gap between the Steel Sword and the next range of 1h Commando weapons (Vengeance, Steel Cutter etc).

Personally I dislike bastard swords, they are too long to be used comfortably for 1h CQC and usually their 2h capabilities are inferior to dedicated 2h weapons.

'cept Kokt Torsk  Wink

Just to clarify, I was mostly addressing the lack of weapons in the 600-800k range.  Upper-tier weapons= frost fang, excalibur, etc. Lower-tier weapons= steel cutter, vengeance.
(28-07-2014, 11:10 PM)synario link Wrote: [quote author=ExPressive link=topic=29704.msg189967#msg189967 date=1406588722]
This is a superb idea, it'd be nice to see 'mid-level' weapons. A Steel Sword is a couple dozen thousand then there is a huge price gap between the Steel Sword and the next range of 1h Commando weapons (Vengeance, Steel Cutter etc).

'cept Kokt Torsk  Wink

Just to clarify, I consider steel cutter lower-tier and the steel fang upper tier. I guess steel swords would be the "super-lower tier"
[/quote] Poor Steel Sword, unloved by all :-( but yeh moar 'mid-level' weapons!
If you can get me a general draft of what you'd like to see as a model for a mid-tier sword, I can see what I can come up with. I've been looking for an excuse to make something again anyways. Tongue
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(28-07-2014, 11:58 PM)Maroon link Wrote: If you can get me a general draft of what you'd like to see as a model for a mid-tier sword, I can see what I can come up with. I've been looking for an excuse to make something again anyways. Tongue

We need a pick or a hammer, some diversity in pierce/blunt weps would be awesome.
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017
(29-07-2014, 12:12 AM)Mr.Peso link Wrote: [quote author=Maroon link=topic=29704.msg189978#msg189978 date=1406591921]
If you can get me a general draft of what you'd like to see as a model for a mid-tier sword, I can see what I can come up with. I've been looking for an excuse to make something again anyways. Tongue

We need a pick or a hammer, some diversity in pierce/blunt weps would be awesome.
[/quote]

That's actually a really good point, I was gonna suggest that. Beat me to it, damnit ;P

I was about to suggest we make a flail weapon before I realized no flail's actually exist in warband.. :Smile
(29-07-2014, 12:19 AM)synario link Wrote: [quote author=Mr.Peso link=topic=29704.msg189981#msg189981 date=1406592733]
[quote author=Maroon link=topic=29704.msg189978#msg189978 date=1406591921]

[/quote]

That's actually a really good point, I was gonna suggest that. Beat me to it, damnit ;P

I was about to suggest we make a flail weapon before I realized no flail's actually exist in warband.. :Smile
[/quote]

Flails aren't possible due to engine limitations.
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017
I agree that 600k-800k one-handers should be implemented. A pierce one hander for that price would sound nice...
a 600-800k ranged one-hander would be nice, however my concern would be that is would be too powerful for the cost and make the upper tier useless to make/buy. It would have to be a very well balanced weapon in order for it to be a plausible idea.
Map Thread
[Image: 76561198038983603.png]
Bane of the Germans
Email: midren@nordinvasion.com
2015-07-14 Knight Helmet
2015-08-01 Gothic Plate
2017-12-08 Black Arrows
2018-05-25 Tempest
2019-09-01 Dragon Spear