Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Creating A Hoplite Class
Was wondering if this could ever be implemented into the game since you guys have the up attack animation with spear and shield already why not make a class specific to using it. I would think this class should have high polearm proficiency and the standard commando 6 shielding, and be able to use medium-heavy armor. If it was allowed 3 hero classes i would think one should be part thrower and another part 1 hander. I'm sorry if this was already suggested before i didn't use search function and i also think this would spice the game up a little bit as people would have to find ways to kill nords quickly when they are very few meters away
AFG

Used search function and only found a thing on changing one of the commando hero classes to hoplite and also saw from another thread a mention about creating a hoplite class
AFG

Well, it would be fun, but the up stab with a shield is very slow (animation looks odd too). They would have to make a decent spear because you lose about 30% dmg with a shield I think, don't quote me on that though.  Tongue

Edit: The up stab animation with a shield in the SP mod The Peloponnesian War, works when I last played it.
Or just make CTS use 1 handed prof when it is used in conjunction with a shield. (Legionnaire).
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
A spear used with a shield loses 30% of its damage and (IIRC) speed. Aside from that, the up-stab animation takes about 3x as long to connect to your enemy as any other animation, making it very hard to use without being hit yourself when not using it from behind someone else's shield.
Those things combined make too many points against a class specifically for this type of fighting.
However, with some imagination, one could make a Halberdier and fit it out to a class like this. It is certainly not the most effective way to use a Halberdier, but it might be fun to use on Normal.

You'd get something like this:
Weapons: Snake Spear/Thunder Pike | CTS/VHTA | Knightly Heater Shield/Knightly Kite Shield | Support item of choice
Armor: Any of the Halberdier armors

A Halberdier gets an increase in shield skill and access to heavier, bulkier armor, making it somewhat of a hybrid between a Pikeman and a Sergeant, thus making it best suited for a hoplite-like loadout.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Hoplites? What is this, Ancient Greece  :o
(03-08-2014, 06:23 AM)Slayer link Wrote: Or just make CTS use 1 handed prof when it is used in conjunction with a shield. (Legionnaire).
+1

Would be interesting to see this kind of class in-game, don't see it fitting in too well with your standard shieldwall however.