Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Body Armour Buff on Halberdiers
So i've done about an hour or so overview on halberdiers and I really don't see the point of it beside that extra 1 or 2 iron flesh and the shielding (but a commando is going to shield anyway) over a marauder.

I've looked at all the armours available and really, all you get is +4 body armour by going halberdier which is suppost to be the unit with better and heavier armours (like a commando, but using polearms), however this is not much, leaving you at a maximum of 64 Body Armour (Master halb armour (58) + Ornate Hourglass Gauntlets (6)) compared to a regular pikeman/MP/Marauder at 60 Body Armour.

My proposal is to give Halberdiers access to Studded Gauntlets as it also looks brilliant with almost every armour combination with halberdier, it would also boost the maximum armour value up from 64 to 72, which is equivalant to trans (Without Gloves give or take 1 point) which seems fair IMO.

What do you guys think?
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
Good for you since you have access to a Studded.  Wink

+1
+2, Halberdier could finally make any sense.
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017
I don't think the point of the halberdier was to make a class that could throw well, slash well and tank damage like a Commando can, that's just not very well balanced. Just taking a nord ranger, the difference in damage with 60 vs. 64 armor isn't that high, you're correct on that. However, that's true for every hero class except Royal guard(which probably deserves a nerf). Take Zweihander for example, it gains a bunch of different looking Fearsome's for head armor, a slightly less heavy halfplate, a minimally stronger 2handed for slashing(even worse than the difference between halberdier/pikeman armor) and a worse stat boost than halberdier, but no one would call that underwhelming. It is, but that's another topic.

Halberdier could probably use a buff because no one likes it, if that's the case it'd be better to just lower the weight gain on its armors or make all of its unique armors get +2 body/+1 leg, maybe some of them give a buff to head armor or something too. That would set the maximum body at 66 and with a lower weight penalty it might be viewed as something other than garbage. I don't think it would be fixed and made desirable by giving it access to a rare and expensive legendary that most people won't own and won't benefit from. It'd be cool to see them wear studded though. 
Another option would be to give halbs access to Plate Mittens. That way the boost in armour isnt that heavy but tehrefore affordeable for pretty much everyone.
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

(04-08-2014, 06:37 PM)Harlaus link Wrote: I don't think the point of the halberdier was to make a class that could throw well, slash well and tank damage like a Commando can, that's just not very well balanced. Just taking a nord ranger, the difference in damage with 60 vs. 64 armor isn't that high, you're correct on that. However, that's true for every hero class except Royal guard(which probably deserves a nerf). Take Zweihander for example, it gains a bunch of different looking Fearsome's for head armor, a slightly less heavy halfplate, a minimally stronger 2handed for slashing(even worse than the difference between halberdier/pikeman armor) and a worse stat boost than halberdier, but no one would call that underwhelming. It is, but that's another topic.

Halberdier could probably use a buff because no one likes it, if that's the case it'd be better to just lower the weight gain on its armors or make all of its unique armors get +2 body/+1 leg, maybe some of them give a buff to head armor or something too. That would set the maximum body at 66 and with a lower weight penalty it might be viewed as something other than garbage. I don't think it would be fixed and made desirable by giving it access to a rare and expensive legendary that most people won't own and won't benefit from. It'd be cool to see them wear studded though.

Although I agree with most of what you said, I still think halberdier armour should equate to about 70 in total. My commando has 90 in total and my sharpshooter has around 76 or something. I don't see why it shouldn't tbh.
Legendary Drops:
Legacy - April 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
(04-08-2014, 06:40 PM)Mr.Peso link Wrote: Another option would be to give halbs access to Plate Mittens. That way the boost in armour isnt that heavy but tehrefore affordeable for pretty much everyone.

Or both
Legendary Drops:
Legacy - April 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Did someone notice?
Slayer wants to get a buff for stuff he is using never other stuff :3
Anyway nice idea I would appreciate a buff because noone can kite or run faster with this class.
But I think Halberdier is just a mix of Melee and Ranged and a touch of Commando.
[Image: Tarbs.jpg]
"I wish the germans would have melt the Eiffel Tower and make tanks to kill the french" - not telling
"I ain´t gonna drop my stuff for these guys" - Wambo
"What do you call the german Secret Service? -  SS" - not telling
Why should he care about other stuff than his? Tongue

Loots:
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

(04-08-2014, 07:13 PM)Mr.Peso link Wrote: Why should he care about other stuff than his? Tongue
Because he is a teamplayer lmfao.
Sorry had to laugh so hard while writing it.  ;D
[Image: Tarbs.jpg]
"I wish the germans would have melt the Eiffel Tower and make tanks to kill the french" - not telling
"I ain´t gonna drop my stuff for these guys" - Wambo
"What do you call the german Secret Service? -  SS" - not telling