Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Client Release 0.4.3 - Tiger Style!!
New troops are quite different i liked
But new animations are so bad....
Different = bad. Change is the devil. Repent, vile heathen developers!
But i am very satisfied for throwing cause I killed heimdallr only 2 headshots with throwing spears...
(28-06-2012, 08:10 AM)MrGuarnere link Wrote: [quote author=Pandabomber link=topic=3942.msg32621#msg32621 date=1340846988]
It still looks bad and doesn't function well for us upon delivery or upon receiving it.

You're doing it wrong.
[/quote]

Mind elaborating on that? I assume most people melee in the third person. I find it difficult to see where I'm aiming my thrusts, particularly when I'm aiming for the head, because I don't notice the weapon, well, moving at all. As for the bots thrusting, I can't tell where they're aiming or actually about to hit me either because of my body blocking the view. First-person melee is suicide because we don't have peripheral vision, so that's out of the question. The two-handed overhead swing has the same sort of problem, since it looks like it's about to come down on you at any moment, and then it just suddenly does with little to no time to react. With an animation like that, it shouldn't be doing as much as then native animation looks like it does. These animations were the reason I can't even touch Floris. At least those ridiculous side-slash flourishes aren't in.
Captain_Stoogey
(28-06-2012, 11:16 AM)The Wolf link Wrote: I can open the patch adress.... -.-

If you can't get it from the regular link try going to http://nordinvasion.com/latest.php links to the same file but for some reason it helps a few people using that link instead.
(28-06-2012, 12:33 PM)Pandabomber link Wrote: [quote author=MrGuarnere link=topic=3942.msg32676#msg32676 date=1340871042]
[quote author=Pandabomber link=topic=3942.msg32621#msg32621 date=1340846988]
It still looks bad and doesn't function well for us upon delivery or upon receiving it.

You're doing it wrong.
[/quote]

Mind elaborating on that? I assume most people melee in the third person. I find it difficult to see where I'm aiming my thrusts, particularly when I'm aiming for the head, because I don't notice the weapon, well, moving at all. As for the bots thrusting, I can't tell where they're aiming or actually about to hit me either because of my body blocking the view. First-person melee is suicide because we don't have peripheral vision, so that's out of the question. The two-handed overhead swing has the same sort of problem, since it looks like it's about to come down on you at any moment, and then it just suddenly does with little to no time to react. With an animation like that, it shouldn't be doing as much as then native animation looks like it does. These animations were the reason I can't even touch Floris. At least those ridiculous side-slash flourishes aren't in.
[/quote]

I don't seem have the same problems you encounter. If I see a bot's sword go up, I block up, if I see him pulling his sword to his side I block down. The attack from up to down has a different timing, but that is the part I think you should get used to. Now the thrust I find indeed more difficult because it is a quick lunge and it's quite hard to see when there's another bot standing next to it but I'm willing to die maybe a few times more because of that since the animation just looks sharper. When there are multiple bots that close it usually means I'm fucked anyway. At aiming the thrust I find no difficulties, I can see where my weapon is headed clearly enough. Maybe I just see it better because I have my camera zoomed out to the max all the time?
You're right about the two-handed overhead swing. I can deal with it, the animation is just a little sudden and doesn't look that great to me. My camera is zoomed out to max all the time as well, but the thrust is going upwards towards the head when I'm aiming for it, not directly forward - which means I'm probably going to hit him in the chest instead. I have no speed as a sharpshooter, so I can't outrun anything, so positioning is a big deal. I'm not that much faster than a T2-T3 guy in a full sprint, given the weight of the gear I have to carry. The native animation is just easier to see and aim with, and doesn't look like I'm about to shank someone in a prison with a sharpened toothbrush.
Captain_Stoogey
There a lot of similarities though between that and shanking a Nord with a sharpened sword though Tongue
We were nearly at Thor 3 times, and every time server crushed.There were low number of cades.It's badly Sad
As free as an eagle in the sky...
My chars
Headhunters_FireTroll-46 lvl commando+xbow
[DP]FireGoblin-45 lvl sniper+inf
Headhunters_FireOrc-21 lvl heavy crossbowman
DP_FireOgre-43 lvl pikeman
[Image: 21076638.png]
When are king tasks and gampaign strategy going to appear?
As free as an eagle in the sky...
My chars
Headhunters_FireTroll-46 lvl commando+xbow
[DP]FireGoblin-45 lvl sniper+inf
Headhunters_FireOrc-21 lvl heavy crossbowman
DP_FireOgre-43 lvl pikeman
[Image: 21076638.png]