Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The Amount of People I Dislike in NI Nowadays [Rant]
(16-09-2014, 11:29 AM)Leturoa link Wrote: I hate to include this guy but Winter as well. Me and him got into an argument because I basically forgot someone's name and I couldn't tab while typing a message. But even if we got into an argument and Kip broke it up, he isn't bitter about it (I think). But outside there is all the end tier people which go back on normal with the honest intention to help out the new guys.

Big Grin
Nope, I don't do bitter.  It is too cold for that nonsense.  I'm glad I help make the mod more fun for you.

I totally agree with everything Leturoa said, but I'd also like to add a request to high tier players to just hop on a random Normal server every so often and try to teach the game to people.  It doesn't have to be a huge time investment, and you definitely don't need to feel pressured to "carry" the team to a high wave.  Just join on there every so often and try to let new players get a taste of the fun organization and teamwork involved in this game.  I've been doing this a bit more often recently and I haven't come to regret it.  Sure, we wiped just before or during Vet Pikes a few runs in a row, but it isn't like I wasted a whole day of my life getting nowhere - I just chopped some Nords, helped some people level up and get farther than they usually would have, and got even more loot than I usually do on Hard and Rag Tongue
(16-09-2014, 12:31 PM)-Perception- link Wrote: The last time I helped a newer player by borrowing him gear I lost about 5m worth of stuff.  :Smile

Apart from that I can agree with most of what you have said. It especially irks me when higher level players go as far as refusing to die for their stuff, to ensure none of the others currently on the server can use their precious gear, simply because they do not deem them as "worthy".

(16-09-2014, 05:12 PM)Winter link Wrote:

Haven't seen Winter  drop his items for people he didn't know.
Broad shouldered: LatinaHeat
Soft hands: Murrow
Soiled hands: Lantice
Queenie: Phe
Morale Tent: Ailish, Buki, Chasia,
(04-08-2012, 09:06 AM)Legend link Wrote:and you are a sex-object murrow  :Smile (and a guy who's a woman..)
(16-09-2014, 06:13 PM)Murrow link Wrote: Haven't seen Winter  drop his items for people he didn't know.

You also haven't seen me in about 9 months, I could have had a baby since then for all you know!  Things change, Murrow.  I assure you, I definitely drop my items now.

Still, since you have brought it up, I guess I'll give some semblance of an explanation of the common rationalizations behind that concept - a lot of people feel that they worked very hard for items and it bothers them when people are able to get the same things for free.  That wasn't my particular reason back then, though.  My reason was that after countless times of having people pick up weapons outside of their class, Commandos pick up weapons and refuse to shield while the team wiped around them because they wanted to try out a fun new toy (this is why even during this time period, I always dropped shields), and watching archers block each other while peeking to try to get the other killed so they could take their weapon, I decided I'd rather not drop items when it seems to have such annoying and terrible consequences.  Because of that, I'd reserve dropping items for teams of people that I knew could handle fun new toys without playing worse because of them.  Clearly there was flawed logic behind that and I stopped sheathing my items before death a very long time ago.

Anyways, I get you were making a joke but I guess it is a fair point, even if it isn't the point of this topic.  If you feel the need for further discussion, feel free to send me some PMs.
I just wanted to pipe in, as someone who started playing two weeks ago and was so overwhelmed by how little I knew. In that time I've actually seen some of you on Normal and overall the experience has been really good. There were a few times I did something that pissed people off because I didn't understand what "save" or "save last" meant until I was reading about in the the forum, or that that sweet gear on the ground was actually allies (although no one complained about this, I just picked up on it when people would ask for the gear and it made sense to me considering I shoot like a drunkard and swing like ape). Basically for those that are new, it's not immediately clear how to work as a team or how to utilize everyone's characters, probably the best thing you can do is direct them to the forums. It was about a week in where I met a player that was getting really frustrated but then everyone was telling him to relax. All this, just to share a newcomers perspective on the community.  Wink
Thanks for the input Juko. I remember back when I was more active I helped out one or two people. I think they still play but not sure. I got someone I knew to teach me how to play this mod when I started and in turn helped others. I was actually going to make a group to help new people but I got lazy Big Grin If I start becoming more active again and better geared I might eventually follow through on it.
It actually makes a huge difference. I wasted a bunch of gold early on and I just happened across this mod, so I don't have any friends  :'(
I was thinking about joining a house, I almost have a character in the 30's now. I'm not sure how active i'll be able to be, but maybe we can start a thread for newbies and I don't mind giving hand-me-downs as I tier up... There's a lot of info on heros and t3 but for a newbie they're trying to figure out what to do for t1,t2 and what I've learned is you can actually move through those pretty quickly.
Time to lighten the mood a bit:

[Image: failure_to_communicate.jpg]

For those of you in the new generation that need everything in video form:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2f-MZ2HRHQ
(16-09-2014, 12:31 PM)-Perception- link Wrote: Apart from that I can agree with most of what you have said. It especially irks me when higher level players go as far as refusing to die for their stuff, to ensure none of the others currently on the server can use their precious gear, simply because they do not deem them as "worthy".
I thought i was the only one  :'(.
(17-09-2014, 12:00 PM)Weiner link Wrote: [quote author=-Perception- link=topic=32139.msg197944#msg197944 date=1410870705]
Apart from that I can agree with most of what you have said. It especially irks me when higher level players go as far as refusing to die for their stuff, to ensure none of the others currently on the server can use their precious gear, simply because they do not deem them as "worthy".
I thought i was the only one  :'(.
[/quote]

I sometimes die a few rounds early for my gear. Nothing to do with the f*****s with practice swords  Wink
(16-09-2014, 06:23 PM)Winter link Wrote: [quote author=Murrow link=topic=32139.msg198003#msg198003 date=1410891193]
Haven't seen Winter  drop his items for people he didn't know.

You also haven't seen me in a year and a half.  Things change, Murrow.
[/quote]
He played with you in a VLKA event in December, about nine months ago, when the password kept getting changed.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.