Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Strategy: Swadian City (v0.4.4)
Introduction
Swadian City is a map that has had a long history in the Nord Invasion community. In its first incarnation, it was the most chaotic map available in Nord Invasion. In its current incarnation, it is probably still the most chaotic map in Nord Invasion. The purpose of this thread is to introduce a new tactic to progress on this map.

The tactic VLKA employs is, as always, effective, but it loses its appeal when player count is high. Cramped quarters inevitably lead to difficulties in defending. In this post, I will lay out a tactic that I have devised that should hopefully work better as player count (i.e heavy barricade and deployable shield count) increases.

Positioning
Here is a handy image to show barricade and player positioning:

[img2]https://i.imgur.com/6tBhf.jpg[/img2]

The bots should not flank your position as long as the players remain aligned with the shielder positions. In this corner of the map, the bots will come from directly forward and from the side. This tactic requires the use of barricades or heavy barricades and deployable shields to defend against enemy archer fire. A bonus of this position is the proximity of the arrow restore, anvil, and soup pots.

The shield line should stand in a diagonal formation. The number of heavy barricades used in conjunction with the shield wall is up to the groups discretion. I do not recommend using any, though, as when destroyed the heavy barricades do not completely disappear on this map. This position can be held with five shielders. The deployable shields on the right side are to prevent archers from shooting the shielders and slashers from the side.

It is also a good idea to use normal barricades or at least a small number of barricades to block enemies from coming through the left side, though players should remain as close to the shield line as possible.

One heavy barricade should be used to prevent the medic at the restore arrow box from being shot.

Conclusion
If used properly, it should not be too difficult to reach Thor using this strategy. Odin has been defeated with this strategy before as well.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
I think that will work much better to be honest, that cramped spot always ticks me off as everybody in the team wants to go there and nobody gets past wave 4.
Also try turning the cade 90 degrees to the inside of the crevice. It might make the line up a bit more funneled into the slashers instead of the cade.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

Main problem with this strategy is that the walls allow rangers to shoot over.

So any rangers that spawn to the left just stay there, shooting into the side of the shieldwall and everyone behind it :/
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
maybe put deployable shield can resolve the problem,but it's a good strategy,the player just need shield
Have taken out prince by shield wall and barricade in the church yard. Make sure you place dep shields at the rear or you will get an arrow in the back of the head like Lanseril.
I never really liked the church yard, it's far too open. Then again, I've never approached City with an organized group, and it's pretty much always been a wipe on skirmishers on normal mode. I've barely played hard mode since coming back, so I've no idea about that, but it's probably worse with so many rangers lurking around as always.
Captain_Stoogey
After attempting to use this strategy on hard mode (with way too few deployable shields and only 4/12 of us on TS) I have found that two heavy cades make the choke too narrow. It's a good idea to angle the cade as well, as that can provide cover from ranger fire. Of course, I still haven't been able to get people to work together in a more organized fashion while playing this map. Seems like barricades will have to be angled to allow shielders though.

ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Im wondering... did you pump up your graphics just to act like you have a good pc Tongue

btw good strategy
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
(07-07-2012, 12:42 PM)Pandabomber link Wrote: I never really liked the church yard, it's far too open. Then again, I've never approached City with an organized group, and it's pretty much always been a wipe on skirmishers on normal mode. I've barely played hard mode since coming back, so I've no idea about that, but it's probably worse with so many rangers lurking around as always.

The advantage of the church yard is that it breaks the ranged units up and limits fire going into the shield wall. It also keeps the enemy mostly on your right, so if you are organized, you can slowly shuffle shielders right each wave so you don't have to constantly save one for repairs.

It also keeps people moving through the slasher shielders roles. Those who slash for a wave can join the shield wall with the skims throwing into the worst part of the mob and slashing as a third line (this keeps them safer also).

Most of this is compatible with what click is talking about. By far the most interesting thing to do as an organized group is to work out how to beat each map. The constant changes just makes it interesting for a person who sees cooperation and strategy as being just as interesting as loot and grinding.