Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

About Preparation Time
Preparation time certainly is a nice feature and it has already enhanced NI a lot in my opinion, but I somehow feel like its not at its full potential yet.

The two biggest flaws of preparation time:
- Sometimes it feels unnecessary (e.g. when playing alone or in a small team on early normal mode).
- For late waves it simply is not long enough to take care of all the toming, cade placement etc. in time.

My suggestion would be adding polls to either extend or skip the current preparation time. You can submit those via the Esc menu as usual, and if more than ~70% of the players currently on the server vote in favor of it, the preparation time will be extended by another 30 seconds (repeatable as often as necessary, or with a certain hard capped amount to avoid abuse), or simply skipped respectively.

Shouldnt be too difficult to code into the mod, and I personally feel like it would be a nice addition.
If anyone finds flaws in the concept or simply wants to add his opinion please post it here.
(07-10-2014, 07:34 PM)-Perception- link Wrote: My suggestion would be adding polls to either extend or skip the current preparation time. You can submit those via the Esc menu as usual, and if more than ~70% of the players currently on the server vote in favor of it, the preparation time will be extended by another 30 seconds (repeatable as often as necessary, or with a certain hard capped amount to avoid abuse), or simply skipped respectively.

I think you should do 1-2 minutes. Before a poll got accepted you already passed 1 minute.
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
Poll ? Argh, no !
The Whole point of this patch was to get rid of excessive toming.  VM, LK and NO have started doing almost no setup for thor and odin.  Just the prebarrel which is VERY easy to setup in that amount of time.  Toming once IF need to get everyone in.  I do like the idea to add a poll to shorten the Prep time.  But it seems that by the time everyone has voted,  the time would be over anyway so its kind of pointless.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

I agree with Q.  Although the prep time in the beginning waves of normal can be a bit unneeded for high level players I think it does still benefit the lower level players who are still new to the mod. As far as the end waves go, you get ~40 seconds of prep time (if memory serves)  which has been more than enough time for us to prep for Thor and Odin in our events (and public servers).  Not to be rude but if you're still setting up massive amounts of barricades to deal with these waves you're just wasting time.  The main point of this new update was to make all of those really hard waves "shieldable."  I have been on a few teams who still want to cade off and tbh it just makes things harder.  With the prep time it is very easy to set up 2 wall cades and 1 barrel to weaken Thor/Odin's chosen then shield the wave.  If this setup can't be accomplished within the prep time it's the team at fault, not the amount of time given. 
The only time you cant shield is if you have no healers i believe. In respect of 'all the toming' what ate you doing in your runs to need to excessive tome that you don't have enough time? As a team wr managed to double wall cade set up barrell and make outrages amounts of throwable wep stacks and still have enough time to sit and do nothing
52 - Chosen Marksmen
52 - Royal Guard
52 - Marauder
52 - Warden

Irish to Turtle "Get away from me with that hat on"
Elmo "Well yeah you are just drowning it with oxygen"
Having the timer on the early normal waves can be frustrating, but having to do a poll would be more frustrating imo.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
what about a time pool? The time is divided between all the rounds and if you skip the earlier waves it gives you more time on the later ones and so on and so forth. Doing it by polls would make it too much easier in my opinion
why not just increase the amount of preparation time as the higher waves progress ex: wave 1- 15 sec, wave 10-30 sec, wave 20- 60 sec.  Though you could keep post-spawn wave at a standard 40 sec to respawn and build cades, etc.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

-Albert Einstein
(07-10-2014, 10:40 PM)Chopdick3000 link Wrote: why not just increase the amount of preparation time as the higher waves progress ex: wave 1- 15 sec, wave 10-30 sec, wave 20- 60 sec.  Though you could keep post-spawn wave at a standard 40 sec to respawn and build cades, etc.

Preparation time already increases progressively.
Official Banner Update Pack - http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,25828.0.html
Perseus     (Lvl 52 Royal Guard)
Artemis     (Lvl 52 Warden)
Hephaestus (Lvl 52 Zweihander)
Ares          (Lvl 52 Pikeman Hybrid)
Hestia       (Lvl 24 Heavy Xbow)

Loots: 1x Sun Pike