Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Portable Refil
I support this, playing the same spots over and over again sucks, portable refills would greatly increase the possible cade spots for events and stuff.
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017
(25-10-2014, 05:23 AM)madjosh link Wrote: big ammo crates suffice, heals do not need to be "spammed" every single wave, just boss waves,  for which the big ammo crate can supply the healer with more than enough refills to spam constant heals. it would just be monotonous having the same utensils available at every cade spot. for example, the VLSK event today managed to complete swadian castle on rag in roughly 30 mins just shielding the archway. we did not have spam heals but the big ammo crates that we had spawned in prior were enough to keep spam heals happening throughout both Thor and Odin. having a infinite deployable refill would completely ruin the big ammo crates use in the game. cade spots are made to have their ups and downs, some are quicker some are safer. let's not make NI more repetitive than it needs to be and have some diversity on where we choose to hold our ground.
Perfectly put. One healer with 3 field medic kits and one large ammo crate = easy Thor. Actually, with 3 field medic kits I didn't even have to refill once before Thor died but that might not always be the case.
I would love to see some new cade spots though. Shielding the same spot on the same map certainty does get old after a while.
We've already got the big ammo crate, and I don't think we've even scratched the surface of what could be done with those. I'll admit, an infinite refill would be awesome and decrease the legwork necessary on a lot of maps, but scarcity is an element of the game that adds challenge. The big ammo crate (now with 4 refills, increased from 3) opens up many possibilities if players are willing to explore them. As of now, due to the price level and other shiny support items in the same range being more attractive, I haven't seen much of this item.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Generally the point is that id like to Cade literally in the nord spawn. So you can see how big ammo crates will not be effective.

Big ammo crates will only last so long for someone with a master surgeons kit.

If you are cading too far away from a refil, all the ranged would have to use the ammo crates, not just the healer.

These are the reasons why my idea is more logical.

Yes I can see why SK and VLKA are against this because they used Big Ammo Crate in their event to heal a bit further up than the regular shield wall, but the point is, that refil is not too far away, even though half the time the ranged don't make it back in time anyway, and you cannot spam heal with master surgeons and that spot is not far away from the previous spot that worked fine with ammo crates.

You can't simply say no to the idea because you used ammo crates on 1 map that required the use of ammo creates previously. The whole idea of this is to do other maps, preferably the large ones, inside the enemy spawn far away from ammo refills. This way you can spam heal and accommodate the ranged players.
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
I wouldn't say your points are more logical. First off, how does your desire to cade the Nord spawn add to the logicality of your argument? That seems to go counter to logic, and I doubt the devs want to encourage the playerbase to start cading in the Nord spawns. Judging from the fact that there are often invisible barriers to the spawns, one might even assume that the devs don't want us in the Nord spawns.

As for your second point, perhaps more conservative usage would be in order. Or I suppose you could purchase an item that had more charges but healed for a lesser amount per heal in a smaller radius. That, I think, would be the logical decision in this situation. Your issue seems to be one of personal item choice.

Onto point three. What maps are you thinking of exactly? Fortress under siege? Royal Observatory? If it's really that far away from any ammo refill, how do you plan to set up cades before bots spawn? Would you be able to run back in time after replacing items on spawn? Would these spots really become viable with the addition of an ammo refill? Will the devs need to add an infinitely usable shield repair as well so people don't have to walk back to the sporadically placed permanent anvils? This point makes it sound as if you want to play randomly-generated-plains again.

Furthermore, an addition like this would allow players to play maps in ways the mapmakers did not intend (and I think it is valid to assume that the mapmakers intended for maps to be played in certain specific ways).

It's childish and illogical to assume SK or any house would be against the addition of an "infinitely-reusable-ammo-refill-station that is deployable at any location" because they saw moderate success with the use of big ammo crates in one instance.

(26-10-2014, 04:08 AM)Slayer link Wrote: The whole idea of this is to do other maps, preferably the large ones, inside the enemy spawn far away from ammo refills. This way you can spam heal and accommodate the ranged players.

Perhaps you can accommodate the whole team by not cading in the Nord spawn.

Respectfully yours,
ClickEverywhere
PAC

EDIT: Here are some examples of maps used that don't have close ammo refills for spam healing: Swadian Castleyard, Great Hall, Swadian Castle.
seems likes its boring to cade in 1-2 spots on 1-2 maps. Seems dumb play a map/game only in the way u are told/intended to. It seems not smart to make a big map with all sorts of things and then be told only to use 1 corner of it. don't you ever get bored of doing the same thing over and over click?
There is a huge difference between using new and creative cade spots VS camping the enemy spawn. If you resort to that you are once again using only a small corner of the map and it feels like you are missing out on so many elements of the game by being that close.
(26-10-2014, 04:55 PM)Harlaus link Wrote: seems likes its boring to cade in 1-2 spots on 1-2 maps. Seems dumb play a map/game only in the way u are told/intended to. It seems not smart to make a big map with all sorts of things and then be told only to use 1 corner of it. don't you ever get bored of doing the same thing over and over click?

That would be boring if it were true. I don't know about you personally, but I definitely play more than 2 maps. There are only a few maps that I actively avoid on Ragnarok mode (Lake Town, Swadian Town), and it's certainly not due to the lack of an ammo refill. Since the last patch I've seen an increase in variation on cading, as hard and ragnarok have become much more forgiving. This is merely from my observations on NA servers. I imagine you'd find additional variation in the EU and AU regions. You're right Harlaus, I do get bored if I do the same thing over and over. That's why I don't always do the same thing over and over.

I do agree that there are issues with some of the maps, but the devs shouldn't have to add an item that completely breaks the refill-ammo-support-item progression to remedy the problem. If you think you're limited to playing 1-2 maps with 1-2 variations, then that's a problem with your way of thinking.

Why would players actually do only 1-2 maps with 1-2 variations? It's certainly not because of a lack of ammo refills. It's because it's easy and expedient. You can do it while carrying half a team worth of deadweight with no proper support items.
We will consider this.