Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

No real guidlines for smartplaying vs exploiting
We need a list that is updated all the time to say what is glithcing / exploiting vs smart shields and such. farmer gulfshrimp pointed this out to me when i destroyed someones shield for spawning 4 in one life and i stated it was a glitch, please start up a post saying what is trouble and what isnt
I agree with this. Where's the line here?

(16-12-2011, 02:16 AM)Isaiah_Dyrland link Wrote: farmer gulfshrimp pointed this out to me when i destroyed someones shield for spawning 4 in one life and i stated it was a glitch

And what? They were able to get 4 shields out? I'd like to know how they pulled that off.
It's not a glitch.... Shields can be regenerated through the ammo box. There is no exploit in haveing any number of deployable shields. Im unsure what the issue is here.

An exploit is something that directly abuses a feature not ment to be in the game or a mistake in scripting or map making....
What i mean is they spawned with 4 shields
(16-12-2011, 06:28 AM)Isaiah_Dyrland link Wrote: What i mean is they spawned with 4 shields
Whats wrong with that? If there using the shields wisely and helping the team power to em. If not then there jerks  :o
(16-12-2011, 06:31 AM)Gomer link Wrote: [quote author=Isaiah_Dyrland link=topic=373.msg3452#msg3452 date=1324016935]
What i mean is they spawned with 4 shields
Whats wrong with that? If there using the shields wisely and helping the team power to em. If not then there jerks  :o
[/quote]

From what I've gathered, the original intent was that you can only spawn with one.  The problem is that in the game, they are handled as throwing weapons, which results in you being able to refill them at ammo box, as well as carrying more stacks of them.
But as someone smart said in IRC, there has not been a word yet, about how much would carrying more than one shield be persecuted.

EDIT: About the topic= while some general guideline would be nice, you are always encouraged to hop on IRC (link in the top right corner of this forum), where there usually is a person knowledgeable enough (often Jez himself, but he has also some very helpful minions) to provide you with answers.
(16-12-2011, 07:04 AM)Nemeth link Wrote: From what I've gathered, the original intent was that you can only spawn with one.  The problem is that in the game, they are handled as throwing weapons, which results in you being able to refill them at ammo box, as well as carrying more stacks of them.
But as someone smart said in IRC, there has not been a word yet, about how much would carrying more than one shield be persecuted.

EDIT: About the topic= while some general guideline would be nice, you are always encouraged to hop on IRC (link in the top right corner of this forum), where there usually is a person knowledgeable enough (often Jez himself, but he has also some very helpful minions) to provide you with answers.
I don't see an issue unless they become useless unproductive spam. Hell on some maps and most mast to get to the higher tier waves you need a shield wall Tongue
(16-12-2011, 03:50 AM)Gomer link Wrote: An exploit is something that directly abuses a feature not ment to be in the game or a mistake in scripting or map making....

Your own quote, and that is exactly the state of deployable shields as of now. It is not meant to be possible to carry more than one, and recharge them at ammo box. It is, however, possible, as giving them the flag "throwing weapons" is currently the only way to actually make them work.
(16-12-2011, 02:16 AM)Isaiah_Dyrland link Wrote: We need a list that is updated all the time to say what is glithcing / exploiting vs smart shields and such.
Just stay out from places where it is not meant to players go and let bots touch you.
I'm working with maps to remove all these glitch places so this list is not needed.

(16-12-2011, 02:16 AM)Isaiah_Dyrland link Wrote: farmer gulfshrimp pointed this out to me when i destroyed someones shield for spawning 4 in one life and i stated it was a glitch
Destroying other deployshields is only making you look not teamplayer, and what is your problem with them if they help to fight against higer wave bots ?

Locked.