Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Hired Assassins are Awesome
[Image: mb2-3.jpg]

I was just standing there healing (using the 'talk' trick where you hold F to use, then hit T and let it ride out), not paying attention, when the wave ended and an assassin spawned behind me and stabbed me in the back. I had known of their ability to do this prior to this, but the fact that I was targeted in such a vulnerable state and my head fell upon the pot to be cooked just made it a 'wow, that's awesome' moment.

So thank you, Jez, for implementing the assassins in NI!
That is an awesome screenshot xD
;D I love this NPC it kills like everyone and makes them rage Tongue
[Image: 2011120900003.jpg]

(16-12-2011, 06:33 AM)Akrakorn link Wrote: [Image: 2011120900003.jpg]
Tongue Ahaha
I disagree, as much fun as they might get from the initial response, some players are just downright annoyed when their surviving teammates gets thrashed onto a pulp when trying to fend off the boss round. These guys should punish players who do not cover their backs well rather than just thrash anyone reaching for a pot.

While I applaud for the nature of unpredictability, I advise for spawn points for the assassins to be placed in multiple areas rather than directly at the players(such as Barns at the Swadian Village, Alleyways or doors from the Town, under the arch at the lighthouse or even flying assassins of doom to reign hell by spawning them alittle directly above the mountains so they can drop in and give flying hell at the shrine) rather than the spawn and wham style these guys have. Place them randomly in associated spawn poitns where players wont exploit their spots and could still get thrashed if not careful.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
(16-12-2011, 07:29 AM)Johao link Wrote: I disagree, as much fun as they might get from the initial response, some players are just downright annoyed when their surviving teammates gets thrashed onto a pulp when trying to fend off the boss round. These guys should punish players who do not cover their backs well rather than just thrash anyone reaching for a pot.

While I applaud for the nature of unpredictability, I advise for spawn points for the assassins to be placed in multiple areas rather than directly at the players(such as Barns at the Swadian Village, Alleyways or doors from the Town, under the arch at the lighthouse or even flying assassins of doom to reign hell by spawning them alittle directly above the mountains so they can drop in and give flying hell at the shrine) rather than the spawn and wham style these guys have. Place them randomly in associated spawn poitns where players wont exploit their spots and could still get thrashed if not careful.

OR Just don't allow Enemys to spawn within a set distance around the pot and ammo bow to at least allow the player to see em before you get owned Tongue
(16-12-2011, 07:29 AM)Johao link Wrote: I disagree, as much fun as they might get from the initial response, some players are just downright annoyed when their surviving teammates gets thrashed onto a pulp when trying to fend off the boss round. These guys should punish players who do not cover their backs well rather than just thrash anyone reaching for a pot.

A good Assassin will strike when you are most vulnerable, personally I think they bring the luls.
(16-12-2011, 07:35 AM)Leesin link Wrote: [quote author=Johao link=topic=375.msg3468#msg3468 date=1324020552]
I disagree, as much fun as they might get from the initial response, some players are just downright annoyed when their surviving teammates gets thrashed onto a pulp when trying to fend off the boss round. These guys should punish players who do not cover their backs well rather than just thrash anyone reaching for a pot.

A good Assassin will strike when you are most vulnerable, personally I think they bring the luls.
[/quote]

Personaly I love seeing that guy who is 9999 and 0 stealing every1s kills and not being a good team player getting mauled by ana sssassin and rage quitting! I love the LULZ too this is #1 Rage quit enemy Tongue
I have somewhat mixed feeling about assassins. One thing I think would help is, if there was a limit on how many of them can spawn on a single player. Happenned to me quite a few times, that all 4-5 assassins spawned right at my back, giving me no chance. Saw it happen to other people as well. They are really hard to deal with even if they're only two of them, if you manage to be out of reach of your teammates.

Otherwise, I like them. Nothing beats a moment when you're running to the pot, happy that you barely survived a wave and BAM, you have an assassin in your back giving you the one last hit you needed to die.