Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Faction points?

Surely its about time a use was found for faction points???

My Idea is that we can use them to give very slight buffs to our characters, for example 10,000 faction points could be spent to add 1 powerstrike, shielding ect..  Or 1,000 points could buy 10 points on a weapon proficiency? 

I know some will say it will create over power players but it does take a very long time to build up faction points and it should have some reward?

Thoughts?

Wow that would be op with my almost 10k of it so no i dont think thay well do that,maybe you could trun it in to money or could respec or chose hero again for free for 10k of points idk 

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
As I said last time this came up.  This idea could easily completely ruin the specialty's of each class.  My example last time was making my MP as good with 1 handers as my Legionnaire.  This could also go the other way and have the Legionnaire as good throwing as the MP. 

That would basically remove the reason to spawn in as a MP, if you could make your legionnaire as good at throwing as a MP,  But also being able to do a lot more different stuff.  Like shield, Slash with a Hammer well, take a lot of hits and so on.  This in my opinion is a Terrible idea.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Maybe it would be more balanced if You would limit the stats You can improve to the special abilities for each class, eg archers can only improve archery and power draw but no iron flesh, athletics, one handed skill and so on. Depending on what the class is supposed to do You could/should also set a limit for a max. skill like Wardens can improve archery by 30, Rangers by 20 and Sentinels 15, though they can improve other ones of their stats higher than compared to the other hero classes
(30-10-2014, 01:38 PM)Noname link Wrote:Maybe it would be more balanced if You would limit the stats You can improve to the special abilities for each class, eg archers can only improve archery and power draw but no iron flesh, athletics, one handed skill and so on. Depending on what the class is supposed to do You could/should also set a limit for a max. skill like Wardens can improve archery by 30, Rangers by 20 and Sentinels 15, though they can improve other ones of their stats higher than compared to the other hero classes

This is a good idea.
(30-10-2014, 01:15 PM)WOODZ link Wrote:Wow that would be op with my almost 10k of it so no i dont think thay well do that,maybe you could trun it in to money or could respec or chose hero again for free for 10k of points idk

How long did it take you to earn 10k?  Buying a extra 1 power stirke with it would hardly make it op?
(30-10-2014, 01:51 PM)The Cid link Wrote:[quote author=WOODZ link=topic=34622.msg205073#msg205073 date=1414674902]
Wow that would be op with my almost 10k of it so no i dont think thay well do that,maybe you could trun it in to money or could respec or chose hero again for free for 10k of points idk

How long did it take you to earn 10k?  Buying a extra 1 power stirke with it would hardly make it op?
[/quote]

But buying 100 more throwing proficiency as a legionnaire would be.  Putting throwing skill over the 1 handed skill level.

But it would take a very long time to buy that extra proficiency 1000 faction points to buy 10 proficiency points? 
What was said in the last thread was 5000 FP for 50 proficiency points.  On my legionnaire which I have not been playing a whole lot over the past few months I have 8000 FP.  It would make the older players even better, And widen the Gap between new players and old players.  Which is not something we want to do.

since faction points only serve as a requirement to make a new house, then they should somewhat relate to house...things.

perhaps faction points could unlock certain crafting recipes within house crafting or be converting into house crafting exp...the possibilities are endless.

a note on FP converting to weapon prof etc:

most classes have weapons that are locked to them anyway. a legionnaire could have all the throwing WP in thr world but they can still only use cts, likewise a master peltast could only use some of the worst swords available (unless s/he owns a fell edge etc). it would not be as OP as it's being made out to be, but i still think it is a little unbalanced.