Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Halberdier Change
You were asking why Pavise have almost the same shield as RG but Halberdier does not.  I tried to answer that in my post.  Crossbowmen have always in mount and blade been close to infantry.  NI has just been continuing the tradition that has been going on ever since Rhodoks were put in.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Seems a lot of people are against this idea, but I don't see why even after reading through all the arguments presented. It's not as if giving the halberdier a better range of shields and more shielding skill will imbalance the game. What is it, exactly, that people imagine will happen if such a change occurred? That everyone's going to swap because 9 shielding and access to a slightly better shield will make it overpowered? This change would merely increase the utility of the class.

@Aleks: There is a class with strong slashing ability, strong shielding, and excellent armor. It's called a commando. Does the commandos strong slashing ability make his strong shielding ability useless? No. Not in the least.

As for the argument that "pikeman is an offensive class" so is the crossbowman. Yet we have tier 4 crossbows which have 4 shield skill with access to tower shields. Why add ironflesh, shield skill, and stronger, heavier armor for the special halberdier hero if it's just intended to be offensive? Halberdiers have 7 shielding at the moment.

People also seem to be stuck on the name "halberdier" and the associations that come with it. The names in Nord Invasion don't make sense.

I can foresee people arguing that this will create a class too similar to the legionnaire, but the halberdier still won't have decent one handed skills. The armor is still inferior. Having this kind of overlap benefits players and could possibly alleviate some of the complaints people have had about the class.

I'm not going to say much from a historical perspective because we are talking about a mod based in a fictional continent. Suffice to say, there has definitely been a precedent of skirmishers going into battle with shields.

I probably missed a few points due to how long this thread has gotten. In conclusion, this change seems extremely reasonable to me and it wouldn't hurt me in any way so why go against it? If it does prove to be an issue, the devs are capable of twiddling with the numbers and returning them to their original state.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(21-12-2014, 01:09 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote:Seems a lot of people are against this idea, but I don't see why even after reading through all the arguments presented. It's not as if giving the halberdier a better range of shields and more shielding skill will imbalance the game. What is it, exactly, that people imagine will happen if such a change occurred? That everyone's going to swap because 9 shielding and access to a slightly better shield will make it overpowered? This change would merely increase the utility of the class.

@Aleks: There is a class with strong slashing ability, strong shielding, and excellent armor. It's called a commando. Does the commandos strong slashing ability make his strong shielding ability useless? No. Not in the least.

As for the argument that "pikeman is an offensive class" so is the crossbowman. Yet we have tier 4 crossbows which have 4 shield skill with access to tower shields. Why add ironflesh, shield skill, and stronger, heavier armor for the special halberdier hero if it's just intended to be offensive? Halberdiers have 7 shielding at the moment.

People also seem to be stuck on the name "halberdier" and the associations that come with it. The names in Nord Invasion don't make sense.

I can foresee people arguing that this will create a class too similar to the legionnaire, but the halberdier still won't have decent one handed skills. The armor is still inferior. Having this kind of overlap benefits players and could possibly alleviate some of the complaints people have had about the class.

I'm not going to say much from a historical perspective because we are talking about a mod based in a fictional continent. Suffice to say, there has definitely been a precedent of skirmishers going into battle with shields.

I probably missed a few points due to how long this thread has gotten. In conclusion, this change seems extremely reasonable to me and it wouldn't hurt me in any way so why go against it? If it does prove to be an issue, the devs are capable of twiddling with the numbers and returning them to their original state.

I swear Click... All you do is jungle and wait for damaged enemies to come to you and finish them off. The forums is going exactly the same. Please learn to suck at Dota 2. Secondary note is to stop saying all the good stuff and wait for the thread to kill itself :/ lol
(21-12-2014, 02:05 AM)Renji link Wrote:[quote author=clickeverywhere link=topic=37001.msg211981#msg211981 date=1419124153]
Snip

I swear Click... All you do is jungle and wait for damaged enemies to come to you and finish them off. The forums is going exactly the same. Please learn to suck at Dota 2. Secondary note is to stop saying all the good stuff and wait for the thread to kill itself :/ lol
[/quote]

That's why he's retired Senior Admin NA.  He's emeritus in charge.
as some one that wanted Shield for ranger (by the way best is Old Heater Shield for us ) i think ni makes the Halberdier and ranger as armor 1st not shields i guess they gave us 6-7 shielding just because if they add any more armor it would be op so at the best i think give us Swadian Kite Shield

and PS if u think im stupid for wanting a shield for a ranger, Halberdier it not much different from a crossbowman
eg

xbow        ranger          Halberdier 

crossbow  -bow          -Polearm
bot          -arrows        -(vtha for the 1h?)
1h            -1h            -vtha
shield        -shield        -shield

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
by the way if sergeant get it sks with 4 shielding ? why cant we have it with  6 -7

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Just my two thousand cents make Hoplite class. You look badass, you are badass, much wow, AND im making a Hoplitay only house so this would help very much.

Thumbs Up

Remember to like, comment, and subscribe to my Forum name so that i will continue to grow and get my ideas out there.

P.S. i agree with twenties that halberdier could use a change.
#Hoplitay
#Hoplitay
Gonna nip some in the bud here, quite an interesting debate. I'd advice against giving the Halberdier both 9 shielding and better shields. I agree they should have more shields available, but 9 shielding seems to me as overdoing it somewhat.

Comparing some stats here:
Looking mainly at the difference between the proposed Halberdier and the Legionnaire, the Halberdier would completely outclass the Legionnaire, with better shielding, better throwing, and stronger melee weapons, at the cost of some armor.
Compared to the Royal Guard, it would be somewhat better balanced than my previous example, but giving up one Shield point, some armor, and one handed proficiency for 300 throwing proficiency, polearms, and the same shields doesn't seem entirely balanced to me.

So I'd say give the Halberdier the same shields the Pavise can use, bar the Tower Shield, and you're golden.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(21-12-2014, 01:23 PM)Maroon link Wrote:Gonna nip some in the bud here, quite an interesting debate. I'd advice against giving the Halberdier both 9 shielding and better shields. I agree they should have more shields available, but 9 shielding seems to me as overdoing it somewhat.

Comparing some stats here:
Looking mainly at the difference between the proposed Halberdier and the Legionnaire, the Halberdier would completely outclass the Legionnaire, with better shielding, better throwing, and stronger melee weapons, at the cost of some armor.
Compared to the Royal Guard, it would be somewhat better balanced than my previous example, but giving up one Shield point, some armor, and one handed proficiency for 300 throwing proficiency, polearms, and the same shields doesn't seem entirely balanced to me.

So I'd say give the Halberdier the same shields the Pavise can use, bar the Tower Shield, and you're golden.

Another person with a less than well thought out argument.  By your own reasoning you say that Halberdier would then outclass Legionnaire with "with better shielding, better throwing, and stronger melee weapons, at the cost of some armor".

Legionnaire       
1H 240
2H 185
PS 8

Halberdier
1H 130
2H 120
PS 7

You have no argument.  Halberdier is a better thrower and they clearly should be and while they outclass the Legionnaire in WPF they only have 1 more Power Throw.  Legionnaire also has access to some of the best armor in the entire game.  Halberdier has access to a crafted with 60 armor. Lol. 60.  They also have access to EFS I believe which is better.

I say lets try it.  It isn't as big a change as people are making it out to be.  I don't understand the blowback and yet it is completely acceptable bar nothing that Pavise can shield with 9 and then step off the line with a Bolt Tosser and 1 shot Rag mode enemies.  That is silly.
VHTA's can one shot the Rangers in Rag.  I am 100% sure that the Legendary Throwing weapons can 1 shot them as well. 

Halberdier's have Higher Polearms than Legionnaire have 1 handed, or Zwiehander has 2 handed.  Which is what Maroon was saying when he said that They have better Melee than Legionnaire.

Are you trying to get one underplayed class buffed at the Expense of another underplayed class?  They don't want to Give Legionnaire 9 shielding.  Which would defiantly make more sense than giving Halberdier's 9 shielding. 

Oh and Halberdier's Have more hitpoints than RG or Legionnaire,  as well as they have their own legendary armor which has 67 Body armor.  For comparison Half-plate has 72 body armor.  One thing that might be changed there is that they might get access to Studded Gauntlets.  http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...#msg191401
Steam name:  Sargeant Q