Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Uncrafting
I think a good idea would be the option to uncraft your unused items. Eg if you are looking to craft a swadian halberd but you already have a swadian poleaxe you could uncraft the poleaxe and purchase any other necessary items and craft the halberd. Although some people may take advantage of this and craft then uncraft then craft it again and again for xp so maybe you can't craft that item for 24hrs after you have uncrafted it. Pls tell me if you support this idea
Unfortunently, 24 hours is hardly a deterrent. The current system is the best one to prevent abuse or it being taken advantage of. Just trade the product for the mats you need/sell it.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

(08-01-2015, 11:10 PM)Looter link Wrote: Unfortunently, 24 hours is hardly a deterrent. The current system is the best one to prevent abuse or it being taken advantage of. Just trade the product for the mats you need/sell it.
Yes but the problem with that is that the likelihood of someone wanting to craft the item you want to uncraft is quite low
It is nice, but alot of items are cheaper then the crafting cost. You can make a big profit out of it so it should get balanced. Mayby putting "tax" on the uncrafting. Every mat will have a amount of tax. Something on marketplace for 1m, can be uncrafted for 100k (10% tax on every item).
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
Receiving 60% or 80% of the initial recipe could be a nice idea.
But we shouldn't be able to uncraft mats like Skull Fragments or Black Steel.

For example :

20 x Hardened Metal
20 x Twisted String
10 x Dye
5 x Wood of Glasir
5 x Wooden Slat

Item Created:
1 x Platform

=> Uncraft Platform and receive :

12 x Hardened Metal
12 x Twisted String
6 x Dye
3 x Wood of Glasir
3 x Wooden Slat

The only problem i can see is how can we uncraft gears including Phoenix Feathers ?
But by this logic I can still just craft something worth Alot of XP, uncraft it and then go and craft it  again in 24 hours.

Un crafting doesn't make a lot of sense, it would be nice but wouldn't make sense. Maybe like the above said, you get less of the materials back? But even then it still won't make a lot of sense Tongue
[Image: Untitled-1.gif]
"time is money jaja and loot" - Blame
(09-01-2015, 11:38 AM)Xen link Wrote: Maybe like the above said, you get less of the materials back? But even then it still won't make a lot of sense Tongue
There are well-documented instances of recycling finished goods for materials in war efforts, both in games and in real life. It's called salvaging.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Wouldn't like this too much because it would ruin alot of the trading aspect of this mod.
Every item would just be worth crafting cost (except leggies ofc), no supply and demand and stuff.
Imo this would make the game to arcady.
(I made some good cash by trading so this is a bit hypocritical ;-) )
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017
Uncrafting has never been and most likely will never be something we want introduced for two main reasons.  The first is that we want players to sell their items instead of just turning them back into materials.  When players sell their items to lower tier players, it is pretty much always for cheaper than the crafting cost.  In this way, players are able to access items at lower wealth.  Instead of players using materials to make an item, then turning the item directly back into materials, they need to find someone else to sell the item to for gold/materials.  If players could just uncraft items, it would damage this aspect of the economy and make it so players will actually have to craft any item they want the majority of the time, as other players will probably just uncraft items unless they can get an incredible deal on them, which doesn't actually have to be that incredible, just better than the deal they get from uncrafting.

The second reason is that we want to emphasize the importance of choices.  Right now if someone decides to craft a Swadian Poleaxe, they now have the weapon and the materials are forever removed from the community.  If you choose to make an item, you are pretty much stuck with it unless you can find another fellow to trade it to, and you most likely won't get exactly whatever item you want instead from it.

A third reason that has little to do with players and could be mitigated through multiple different possible mechanics is that it makes it easier for developers to monitor the material economy.  If people can just uncraft their items at any time, that adds a nearly endless amount of items that can at any point be salvaged and cause major bumps in the material economy.
(09-01-2015, 10:21 PM)Winter link Wrote: Uncrafting has never been and most likely will never be something we want introduced for two main reasons.  The first is that we want players to sell their items instead of just turning them back into materials.  When players sell their items to lower tier players, it is pretty much always for cheaper than the crafting cost.  In this way, players are able to access items at lower wealth.  Instead of players using materials to make an item, then turning the item directly back into materials, they need to find someone else to sell the item to for gold/materials.  If players could just uncraft items, it would damage this aspect of the economy and make it so players will actually have to craft any item they want the majority of the time, as other players will probably just uncraft items unless they can get an incredible deal on them, which doesn't actually have to be that incredible, just better than the deal they get from uncrafting.

The second reason is that we want to emphasize the importance of choices.  Right now if someone decides to craft a Swadian Poleaxe, they now have the weapon and the materials are forever removed from the community.  If you choose to make an item, you are pretty much stuck with it unless you can find another fellow to trade it to, and you most likely won't get exactly whatever item you want instead from it.

A third reason that has little to do with players and could be mitigated through multiple different possible mechanics is that it makes it easier for developers to monitor the material economy.  If people can just uncraft their items at any time, that adds a nearly endless amount of items that can at any point be salvaged and cause major bumps in the material economy.

Ok I see.
Thanks winter for destroying my dreams once again Tongue