Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Archery Issues
Being an archer, i would like to cover some disturbing issues about archery in this mod.

As we all know archery is nerfed in order to prevent kiting and lead players to play as a team. That is a debated issue but in my opinion, the real problem is stuffs of archers. There is not a lot of choices about one-handed weapons or two-handed weapons for archery. Große Messer is our savior if we do not use Worm Bane or Aurora Blade. That's all while other classes have lots of choices about melee weapons. My advice is that archers can be able to use Vengeance or some other melee weapons except hardcore ones which are deserve to be used by real infantry guys. Another issue is armors. Just Bear armor and Royal Scale is available for archer heroes(except rangers, they have another one). Some new armors can be added to mod for Wardens, Sentinels and Rangers. Their stats can be near to the Bear or Royal sets. Just some more options we need, i think.

Kind regards, Floki  Smile
Cool guys do not need signature.
yes m8 need more armor and weapons! (Anja)
Archer's are not meant to fight in melee.  The one hero class that can fight in melee, has access to better swords.  Also there are rumors of a new armor set coming in.  And there are a couple more archer armors that are not used because bear fur is so cheap.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

I'm glad to hear that. Also, I know that melee fighting is not archers' profession but only 3 good weaps for it? That seems less and unfair to me.
Wormbanes aren't THAT expensive if I recall... just thinking, perhaps injustice/justice would be a worthy nomination for archers? Would cover the gap in crafting and the item's resale worth if an archer were to find it valuable. Not cheap, but a hardcore archer would find it handy in my opinion.
(11-01-2015, 12:51 AM)Floki_The_Warden link Wrote: I'm glad to hear that. Also, I know that melee fighting is not archers' profession but only 3 good weaps for it? That seems less and unfair to me.

There is a plethora of archer use-able weapons. Just because only 3 of them are good does not mean there are to few and/or unfair to the class.
(11-01-2015, 01:13 AM)Renji link Wrote: Wormbanes aren't THAT expensive if I recall... just thinking, perhaps injustice/justice would be a worthy nomination for archers? Would cover the gap in crafting and the item's resale worth if an archer were to find it valuable. Not cheap, but a hardcore archer would find it handy in my opinion.

only a commando can equip it. yes, it would be a good option for archers.

(11-01-2015, 01:16 AM)madjosh link Wrote: [quote author=Floki_The_Warden link=topic=38093.msg215368#msg215368 date=1420937519]
I'm glad to hear that. Also, I know that melee fighting is not archers' profession but only 3 good weaps for it? That seems less and unfair to me.

There is a plethora of archer use-able weapons. Just because only 3 of them are good does not mean there are to few and/or unfair to the class.
[/quote]

I mentioned good ones, or else, an archer can also equip a Nordic Sword, too.
There is also the EK, the Splitter, the Fell edge, and the Fire Blade.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Sniper - Fire Blade, The Splitter, Worm Bane, Aurora Blade, Fell Edge, Eastern Katana

Sentinel - Fine Sword, Knight Sword, Illustrious

There are also like 4 different Sniper armors at the moment, but everyone goes straight for Bear because it is cheap, and then for Brass because it is the best.  As usual, the limitation to adding more is the lack of suitable models and time and effort to put them in.
Archer has plenty of suitable melee weapons.  It is not and never will be a melee centered class.  If you want to go into melee all the time I suggest you make a commando, as that is what they are for.  Also, I strongly disagree that archer was "nerfed."  I can solo kite to wave 20 normal, wave 16 hard, wave 12 Ragnarok.  On top of that I have on many occasions gotten over 300-350 kills on full Ragnarok events.  I know I'm not the only one capable of doing this.  This class needs no boost to melee.  Maybe you think archer need more melee because you forget to shoot your bow and try to fight all the nords in melee?  If so that's more of a poor choice on your end and not a reason to give the class even better weapons.  Keep in mind that Sentinel already has better melee skills than a t4 commando and access to the Illustrious, the strongest 1h sword in game.  When making feature requests, try to keep the term "balance" in mind, not just what you think would be cool  :Smile