Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Medieval Fields suggestion/discussion thread

===== MEDIEVAL FIELDS=====
[move]Medieval Fields suggestion / discussion thread[/move]

Post suggestion and discuss recent updates of map here.
Please keep spam away from this thread.

NI maps (The forgotten bay Nordic Fortress / Frosthaven / Medieval fields / River's conflict / Swadian Mines )
Its a pretty good map but there is a few things that I think might need a change. First, some nords get stuck at there spawn behind the fences even though they are killable it is hard to kill them with melee weapons. Second, when you ride over the knocked over fences they slow you down which can maybe get you killed. Third, the fences themselves can be pretty hard to deal with as you usually are trying to pay attention to what is behind you in cavalry mode as a ranged player and not what is in front of you so you run into the fences in turn getting you killed potentially. fourth, Nords get stuck everywhere in the middle of the map, there is not much space to fight the mixed waves from 12 on because of the many obstacles in the middle of the map which some of the nords get stuck on and because of the fences. Lastly, the health and the shrine are hard to get to/find and to use them.

This is only what I've seen wrong with it after playing it only 2 or 3 times.
AFG

The fix for the overturned fences slowing you would be for them to be slightly lowered into the ground and have a barrier put over them so it smooths out with the floor. For the boys getting stuck in the mid, I don't have much of a suggestion for a fix besides removing the main structure and maybe replacing it with an open aired central gathering place of sorts that involves few large obstructing scene props.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

Thanks for comments. I will do a remake soon.

"First, some nords get stuck at their spawns behind the fences even though they are killable it is hard to kill them with melee weapons"
I have subdivided some AI mesh, hope it can solve the problem. I have removed fences too close to.

"Second, when you ride over the knocked over fences they slow you down which can maybe get you killed"
"Third, the fences themselves can be pretty hard to deal with as you usually are trying to pay attention to what is behind you in cavalry mode as a ranged player and not what is in front of you so you run into the fences in turn getting you killed potentially."
Fences and some others props are removed.

"fourth, Nords get stuck everywhere in the middle of the map, there is not much space to fight the mixed waves from 12 on because of the many obstacles in the middle of the map which some of the nords get stuck on and because of the fences"
I tried to clear the middle of the map. Some objects like trees, small fences, barrels are removed.

" Lastly, the health and the shrine are hard to get to/find and to use them."
New restores health are set up.

Regards,
Alpha
NI maps (The forgotten bay Nordic Fortress / Frosthaven / Medieval fields / River's conflict / Swadian Mines )
(29-01-2015, 03:36 PM)AlphA-Fr link Wrote: Thanks for comments. I will do a remake soon.

"First, some nords get stuck at their spawns behind the fences even though they are killable it is hard to kill them with melee weapons"
I have subdivided some AI mesh, hope it can solve the problem. I have removed fences too close to.

"Second, when you ride over the knocked over fences they slow you down which can maybe get you killed"
"Third, the fences themselves can be pretty hard to deal with as you usually are trying to pay attention to what is behind you in cavalry mode as a ranged player and not what is in front of you so you run into the fences in turn getting you killed potentially."

"fourth, Nords get stuck everywhere in the middle of the map, there is not much space to fight the mixed waves from 12 on because of the many obstacles in the middle of the map which some of the nords get stuck on and because of the fences"
I tried to clear the middle of the map. Some objects like trees, small fences, barrels are removed.

Regards,
Alpha
Thanks hope to see the update soon  Big Grin
AFG

(29-01-2015, 05:21 PM)Mr Killer link Wrote: [quote author=AlphA-Fr link=topic=38158.msg218195#msg218195 date=1422545816]
Thanks for comments. I will do a remake soon.

Regards,
Alpha
Thanks hope to see the update soon  Big Grin
[/quote]

Np.