Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Shield stats, which is better?
Dragon Kite Shield with lower HP but higher resistance or the Swadian Resilience with lower resistance. The hp is around 150 hit points different(don't know for sure because I use spreadsheet for stats and its a bit outdated) between the two but the resistance is 2 points higher for the Dragon Kite Shield(Which I have yet to see in NI so if you can share a picture please do). The reason I choose these to shields is due to there ability to be used by any infantry hero class. So my only question really which has a bigger impact Hit points or resistance on the lifespan of a shield? 
Dragon Kite Shield

[Image: mb177.jpg]

I had Swadian Resilience and i must say that was great.I suggest you to buy Resilience (1500 HP and size happen that this shield is so good.

Defender lv.14
Well resistance is helpful against ballistamen damage while swadian resilience would be better against axes so If I were you I'd go and get the swadian resilience if you plan not to shield much and to use the size against ranged
AFG

I'd say get the Swadian Resilience if you only want to choose between those two. There is also the SSSS (Steel Studded Sadist Shield?) that's in the same class which is essentially a middle ground between the Resilience and the Small Dragon Kite Shield. I actually own a Dragon Kite Shield and occasionally find myself getting shot in the foot while shielding with it. Tsuki can tell you what I mean.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
The general rule is 100 HP is slightly better than 2 HP in general longevity.  Of course more resistance is more useful against enemies with swords, and higher HP is more useful against enemies with hammers and spears.  The Resilience does have the added bonus of being a larger shield, however, as Click notes.  I personally use the SSSS on my Zweihander as I am a backup shielder, so if a shielder in front of me goes down there is probably already a mass of melee there, so when I shield I don't have to worry much about arrows to the feet, just saying alive as long as possible.
Most of  time I see these shields are when some like me that has not much cash buys/makes a eg( Swadian Resilience witch I did Smile so that if thay have a zwi and a rg that they can use it on both

By that way on zwi I could shield hard/rag with small help and like 4 shields

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(13-01-2015, 07:26 PM)clickeverywhere link Wrote:I'd say get the Swadian Resilience if you only want to choose between those two. There is also the SSSS (Steel Studded Sadist Shield?) that's in the same class which is essentially a middle ground between the Resilience and the Small Dragon Kite Shield. I actually own a Dragon Kite Shield and occasionally find myself getting shot in the foot while shielding with it. Tsuki can tell you what I mean.

Small Dragon Kite Shield is bad, don't bother making it.  Resilience = much better. Same with SSSS.  Both are much better than SDKS....    ???
(14-01-2015, 01:34 AM)Tsukiyomi link Wrote:Small Dragon Kite Shield is bad, don't bother making it.  Resilience = much better. Same with SSSS.  Both are much better than SDKS....    ???

lies, he just wants to have the only SDKS. I say make one or two or three!
(14-01-2015, 12:13 AM)Woodz link Wrote:Most of  time I see these shields are when some like me that has not much cash buys/makes a eg( Swadian Resilience witch I did Smile so that if thay have a zwi and a rg that they can use it on both

By that way on zwi I could shield hard/rag with small help and like 4 shields

Thanks, Woodz, to come with more general remark on being able to use one shield across different infantry characters. Conclusion is: get a good shield usable by commando if you want to use it on different infantry heroes. It is also easy to sell (if you decide to change it one day) as many player can use it.

On contrary, if your intention is to be RG only, Aegis is probably most obvious choice.

(13-01-2015, 11:22 PM)Winter link Wrote:The general rule is 100 HP is slightly better than 2 HP in general resistance.  Of course more resistance is more useful against enemies with swords, and higher HP is more useful against enemies with hammers and spears.(...)

Yeah, Winter, that is a helpful one. I just have the same problem at the moment, which one of the Commando available shields to choose for my Legionnaire.

Concerning the damage shields get from different types of weapons, could someone throw in some details? Ofc we all know 2H axes are shield breakers but what is precisely the influence on the choice of resistance vs hit points (beside what Winter mentioned above 100 vs 2)? Should it be understood SSSS with 50/1200 lasts longer than Resilience with 41/1500 (300 hit points equal to 6-7 resistance)? Or are there any more factors to consider?

PS. Looks to me this thread may become pretty helpuf for new players if we dig the matter deep enough...
Shield resistance is calculated the same way as body armor, meaning that weapons of blunt, pierce, and cut will all have different amounts of armor penetration.  Bonus Against Shields (axes and certain swords in the game with this flag) doubles the damage dealt.

This means the Resilience is not only better for catching arrows because it is larger, but also because it has more HP compared to armor that would take more penetration from the pierce damage of projectiles anyways.  The SSSS and Small Dragon Kite Shield, however, are smaller and have more armor/less HP, meaning they are more effective in straight up melee confrontation with the typical sword or axe wielding enemy.  These differences in durability definitely aren't huge (I believe the last calculations left the two armored ones taking 4 or 5 more hits from cut weapons than the Resilience), but they do exist.

Between the three house crafted shields, I'd say they are similar in longevity, but the SSSS and Small Dragon Kite Shield will last slightly longer, and the Resilience is a bit larger to catch those ranged shots that might hit you at unpleasant times.