Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Royal Guard gear?
I just got a brand new shiny Royal Guard, and have absolutely no idea what gear to get, and in what order.
At the moment, I just have the top o' the line spiffy marketplace gear.
I assume I should be getting a shield first, but don't really want to save up for Aegis before getting anything else.(But if I should, let me know.)
Please don't just say the top notch most expensive gear. I would like to know a good setup for a starting Royal Guard with a budget. Thanks.
I don't know what you don't want me to say, but I'll say it anyway
It depend on the amount of money you have.
I think you should have a Aegis Shield/SoK, Vengeance/Steel Cutter/Head Crusher,
Transitional Armor, Swadian/Defender Gauntlets and some nice Boots and a Helmet.

In stead of Aegis Shield, you can also take a Royal Shield. But Aegis is worth it.
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
If you have other commandos maybe a house crafted shield as you could bring it on rg-zwi-leg-tr4

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
I have no gold at the moment. Big Grin This is my only infantry character. I would love to have SoK/Aegis, but I don't think that's realistic at the moment for me.
Guys, he said budget gear  Tongue I don't play much rg but for starters something like steel sword, bannerguard shield, heavy lam/striped armor, and a shc would be nice and you could get all that for around 800k. After that a defender shield is a nice upgrade as well as some trans. Oh, and plate mittens are always nice.
(27-01-2015, 12:50 AM)Chuckwagon link Wrote: Guys, he said budget gear  Tongue I don't play much rg but for starters something like steel sword, bannerguard shield, heavy lam/striped armor, and a shc would be nice and you could get all that for around 800k. After that a defender shield is a nice upgrade as well as some trans. Oh, and plate mittens are always nice.
Thanks, that sounds a lot more reasonable for starting out Smile I have steel sword, grinder helm and bannerguard shield, I can swap my shc between characters, because I usually choose which one I play and play it for a few days then switch.
(27-01-2015, 12:50 AM)Chuckwagon link Wrote: Guys, he said budget gear  Tongue I don't play much rg but for starters something like steel sword, bannerguard shield, heavy lam/striped armor, and a shc would be nice and you could get all that for around 800k. After that a defender shield is a nice upgrade as well as some trans. Oh, and plate mittens are always nice.
Basically what he said but I'll give you the order I got all of this.
Steel Sword
SHC
Banner Guard,
Striped + Plated Mittens
Pigface Klappvisor

And upgrade for that would be, Defender Shield, Better one hander like an vengeance or steel cutter, better gauntlets (I went straight for defender, it too a while Confused), Swadian Helmet and maybe a 2h.

PS: If you'd like further help with starting out a royal guard feel free to PM me. Also if some things don't make so much sense... It's because I wrote this just before I went to bed :3
[Image: Untitled-1.gif]
"time is money jaja and loot" - Blame
Okay, thank you Xen. I guess my next is buying Heavy Lam(I prefer the look of Lam over Striped) and Plated Mittens. Thanks for your help!
Would probably go for a better shield first such as defender as your main role will be shielding so that would be what you want first.

I myself am requiping my own royal guard right now and what I am doing is going directly for Aegis Shield. After that I will buy Swadian Heavy Lamellar, visored sallet (or a dark/light closed face helm), and a head crusher. Then finally I will save up enough to buy or loot studded gauntlets and then buy trans and maybe some boots.

But as I said, your main role will be to shield and if there is enough shielders already there will probably be extra slashing weapons and/or med kits to use so you will most likely always have a role in beating the nord invasion.
AFG

Go for a better shield.  Defender shield can be had for around 500k.  Better armor and weapons are fine,  but what good is a RG without a better sheild.
Add Trialsking in steam for trading.