Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Various ideas
Hello folks,

I was thinking about some requests to improve the gameplay and the teamwork.
Here are some ideas which can be improved or revised so please let me know what you're thinking about it. ( A few ideas are even not good at all but they could lead to other suggestions ).

- Being able to craft chains links, construction tools, processed wood, Skull Fragment quicker ( I'm too lazy to spend half an hour in crafting ).

- The Dragon Halberd should be available on horse. Why ? Because the Dragon halberd is the only polearm with which you can't stab ( You can do it with Sun Pike, Thunder Pike, Pike of Kings, Dragon spear ) and which is not usable on horse. ( You can't stab with the naval glaive but it's usable on horse for example ).

- On the website, in " quests ", there should be a shortcut ( called "Next" ) to check our quests faster.

- We shouldn't be able to craft Hardened leather anymore/ We shouldn't be able to loot Hardened leather anymore.

- We should find a way to make the following materials ( more ) useful : bear fur ; zinc shards, raven feather, bone shard, mixed glue, mystic charm, sparkly necklace, antiseptic cloth, bone powder, woven steel, twisted string. They worth almost nothing so adding 200x Sparkly Necklace or 50x bear fur to a recipe for example would make them useful.

- Nords could  drop money. For example : You found 300g gold.

- There could  be some craftable boots or gaunlets for Pikeman. At the moment you can only buy these things on AH. ( Already suggested )

- Showing the reward from the Quest we just finished.
- Set up a kind of join queue mechanism : This would be in the form of a straight queue, with no prioritization. The first person to join the queue will be first to join the server when there is room available.
P.S. : I can feel that will be a controversial subject. Tongue

- The 18th wave in ragnarok should be buffed. At the moment, Sniper's wave (18) is easier than Follower's wave (6).

- Creating a new support item : The " Boody Trap ". It would work as the same way as the traps in Hyper's Hell but for the Nords. We would place our " boody trap " wherever we want and the Nords would fall on this trap. It could be a trap which kills the bot(s) or it also could be a trap which doesn't kill them but makes them harmless or in any case, immobile ( a kind of trapping pit for Humans ).
Thanks to these traps, you would earn xp/loot and it would be used to kill the 4-5 fastest bots and not in the intention to make a short-range damage ( that would make the diffenrece with the barrel ). It would be better if it's not usable on boss waves ( Bosses are often faster than Nords ).

Feel free to post below to share your impressions,
Yokmen

Xen is trying to see if he can code something to make crafting stuff easier.

Dragon Halberd can stab, even though it sounds like it shouldn't be able to.  Also most of the usable on horse back flags relate to the length of the weapon.

Hardened Leather is no longer lootable.  It was replaced with Hardened Metal drop for those bots.

Bear Fur was put in the Tracker Set, Sparkly Necklace, and Mystic Charm can be sold for a good amount of money on the Market place (I have earned over 1 mil gold doing that).

Nords do drop money, Just not as much as you are talking about.

There are craftable Gauntlets for Pikeman,  The issue i think you see is that Pike are the Least armored of all the classes as they rely on speed.

I agree on the Message thing.

Wave 18 is so easy because of the way point system that is being used.  And it can still be very dangerous.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(29-01-2015, 04:18 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: Nords do drop money, Just not as much as you are talking about.

I think yokmen's idea could be great. Instead of looting mats nords could be able to drop a random amount of money. Maybe between 100 - 5000g.
NI maps (The forgotten bay Nordic Fortress / Frosthaven / Medieval fields / River's conflict / Swadian Mines )
(29-01-2015, 04:18 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: Xen is trying to see if he can code something to make crafting stuff easier.

That would be really nice. I can't remember how many hours i wasted to craft mats. Thanks Xen.

(29-01-2015, 04:18 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: Dragon Halberd can stab, even though it sounds like it shouldn't be able to.  Also most of the usable on horse back flags relate to the length of the weapon.

By stabbing i mean pressing x on your keyboard.
P.S. Elegant flamberge has 166 ( usable on horse ) and Dragon Halberd has 169 ( not usable on horse ). Would it mean that the borderline is 167 or 168 ?  :-\

(29-01-2015, 04:18 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: Hardened Leather is no longer lootable.  It was replaced with Hardened Metal drop for those bots.

Ok, i didn't know that, thanks for your answer.

(29-01-2015, 04:18 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: Bear Fur was put in the Tracker Set,

Well, that's true, Bear fur is used for the tracker set and the bear set. Bear Fur could be considered as useful. But what about Woven Steel for example ? Bone Powder ? Antiseptic Cloth ? I think Defender/Attacker houses should be able to craft a material which include 20 of each for example. ( looking like Wooden Slat which gather some basic mats ).

(29-01-2015, 04:18 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: Sparkly Necklace, and Mystic Charm can be sold for a good amount of money on the Market place (I have earned over 1 mil gold doing that).

I would prefer dropping gold instead of dropping Sparkly Necklace if Sparkly Necklace has this use.

(29-01-2015, 04:18 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: There are craftable Gauntlets for Pikeman,  The issue i think you see is that Pike are the Least armored of all the classes as they rely on speed.

Exept Ornate Hourglass Gaunlets ( +6 Body Armor  :-\ ), I don't see any gaunlets for pikemans. I mean there should be house craftable gaunlets/boots.
Still the price of bear fur does not change. There is to much around. Really make a recipie with like 50 Bear Furs needed. That would higher the price. I agree on almost everything what Yokemen said. Just the queue system, i think it is a fair competition to be the fastest to join if some one leaves. The queue System would make it impossible to join if like 10 guys are before you, and wave 18 is fine, it's easy because most of us now know how to hide and ficht this wave. Rather wave 6 should be nerfed.
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
(29-01-2015, 04:04 PM)Yokmen link Wrote: (...)
- Set up a kind of join queue mechanism : This would be in the form of a straight queue, with no prioritization. The first person to join the queue will be first to join the server when there is room available.
P.S. : I can feel that will be a controversial subject. Tongue
(...)

Oh yes, I would support that for some testing...
On the queuing: while I certainly support it, isn't the way people join servers now the only way Warband can have people connect to a server? There's only so much a mod can do, and I feel this is beyond a modder's capabilities.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
(29-01-2015, 04:52 PM)AlphA-Fr link Wrote: [quote author=Sargent Q link=topic=39077.msg218201#msg218201 date=1422548294]

I think yokmen's idea could be great. Instead of looting mats nords could be able to drop a random amount of money. Maybe between 100 - 5000g.
[/quote]

Yeah, that would help the new players who aren't aware of the materials' prices.
I mean, this would avoid seeing Sparkly Necklace for 200g on AH or Mystic Charm for 400g and this would reduce the inequalities between experienced players and new ones.
A lot of niew players stop playing NordInvasion because of the lack of money/gear. " It takes too long to have a proper gear ".
Imo, that could be a nice way to encourage new players to stay on NI.

(29-01-2015, 08:59 PM)Jalau link Wrote: Still the price of bear fur does not change. There is to much around. Really make a recipie with like 50 Bear Furs needed. That would higher the price. I agree on almost everything what Yokemen said. Just the queue system, i think it is a fair competition to be the fastest to join if some one leaves. The queue System would make it impossible to join if like 10 guys are before you, and wave 18 is fine, it's easy because most of us now know how to hide and ficht this wave. Rather wave 6 should be nerfed.

Solving this problem isn't easy at all, but as i said before, creating a new material which include some basic mats like for example 1 Eagle Feathers + 5 Raven Feathers to craft a Royal Feather could remove the low prices from AH.

I had the Queue System's idea in the intent to waste less time in spamming to join a server. The game is funny. Waiting/Spamming during 10/15 mins to have a free spot in a ragnarok server, is, in my opinion a waste of time.

I agree with you, wave 18 is fine because it allows us to have a chance for a Hurricane Bow ( + sulphur ). But i don't understand why the 18th wave on the normal mode ( Fatsods ) could be considered as harder than the Snipers Wave on the Ragnarok mode.

Thanks for your comments guys.
(30-01-2015, 12:35 PM)Yokmen link Wrote: I had the Queue System's idea in the intent to waste less time in spamming to join a server. The game is funny. Waiting/Spamming during 10/15 mins to have a free spot in a ragnarok server, is, in my opinion a waste of time.

Thats whats my server browser is for. For me I just activate the notify sound and almost everytime get in with just watching youtube videos on my second screen Wink
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
(30-01-2015, 12:47 PM)Jalau link Wrote: [quote author=Yokmen link=topic=39077.msg218285#msg218285 date=1422621316]

I had the Queue System's idea in the intent to waste less time in spamming to join a server. The game is funny. Waiting/Spamming during 10/15 mins to have a free spot in a ragnarok server, is, in my opinion a waste of time.

Thats whats my server browser is for. For me I just activate the notify sound and almost everytime get in with just watching youtube videos on my second screen Wink
[/quote]

Notify sound?
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015