Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Is this a useful idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, it would be great!
75.00%
15 75.00%
No, i think its not needed
25.00%
5 25.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New Trading Option: Save-Backtrade
Hey Guys,

I was always thinking about why borrowing items is so hard and unsafe in NI. So i came up with the idea of a not-undoable trade.
It could be like an extra option, something like "borrow items". Working like a normal trade with 2 differences. First the trade is not undoable and second you cant sell or trade etc. the items you borrowed. Ofcorse the person who borrowed the items can equip and use them. The Person who lent the items have something like a retrieve button or just a normal accept borrow-trade button to take his stuff back whenever he wants. There should be no way around that. if the first trade (from owner to borrower) is done there should be no way for the borrower to cancel the trade or do anything else then to equip the items.
This would make less work for the Player and Devs/Admins (if its finally implemented). Aswell it would help preventing items to "die" in the inventories of non-active players.

Say what you think about it  Wink

Regards
Edoras

How are you planning ''block'' to sell/trade borrowed stuff ?
Defender lv.14
(07-02-2015, 10:42 PM)Corndog link Wrote: How are you planning ''block'' to sell/trade borrowed stuff ?

maybe the items wich are borrowed are special items(new or modifed) which are just not shown in the house trading/ah/market etc. but in the equipment
Similar suggestions have been made already, and after all, what seems to be the best conclusion:
Dont let someone borrow your stuff unless you trust them.

(And this comes from someone who usually has about 80% of his gear on loan to somebody Tongue)
I do strongly support the idea. I think (not sure) that every item has an id so blocking an item from being further traded should be possible... Sure, the rule to borrow items to one you know and trust is basics, still I can tell from recent experience in our house:

1. one of our members had technical problems with router and couldn't play for a month or so...
2. another member just disappeared for a similar period and came back just yesterday for some personal reasons...

Both of them I would surely trust to borrow anything.
(08-02-2015, 12:07 AM)-Perception- link Wrote: Similar suggestions have been made already, and after all, what seems to be the best conclusion:
Dont let someone borrow your stuff unless you trust them.

But why not? why should borrowing be so unsafe?....
Why should borrowing stuff depending on who you trust and who not, if there is just no chance to scamm you dont need to care about it.
This would even make borrowing easier to guys u trust, they dont need to care about backtrade.

Quote:I have had a plan for a lending system for some time now.  There is no ETA on it, though, since it is part of a larger plan which will take a lot of time and some significant changes.
Lending items should be on a timer much like countdowns where they can borrow the item for a set amount of time and once the timer reaches zero the items are returned to the original owner.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

-Albert Einstein
(14-02-2015, 06:32 PM)Choppy link Wrote: Lending items should be on a timer much like countdowns where they can borrow the item for a set amount of time and once the timer reaches zero the items are returned to the original owner.

Well, I think it's a better idea if the backtrade is upon the decision of the item owner, like Edoras suggested. Making it automatic could be some troubles.
i think it should be possible to do a backtrade which you cant cancel.
Stuff sharing is a nice thing becouse if you got something rare but you are leveling at the Moment another char so you can lend your items to other Players.
Like if i was leveling my RG i lend out my White Dragon Helmet to another Player and he was pleased about.

(14-02-2015, 06:32 PM)Choppy link Wrote: Lending items should be on a timer much like countdowns where they can borrow the item for a set amount of time and once the timer reaches zero the items are returned to the original owner.
I dont think that a timer will be a good Idee becouse then you always have too see how Long you can Keep the item and ist not very practically so i think the Idee with a backtrade which you cant cancel would be a better soloution.

And think ybout it:
If there is a systhem witch a backtrade witch you cant cancel you can borrow stuff and earn Money with it, so you can made new Players happy with good equip and you will get some Money without doing anything. So that will hold new Players in the game and they wouldnt quit becouse of no loot or something. if you are a smart Player you can lend some stuff for free and make another Player happy.
But this whole systhem will only work if there is a safe backtrade.

To think about this will not waste your time, you have to look ahead!

Kind regards
Priest
18.10.2014 White Dragon Helmet

Best offer for my barrel
In my personal opinion, lending and sharing should be between you and someone you trust.