Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Great Hall: Strategy [Experimental]
After reading the experiences of others and doing a few tests of my own, I have placed Ragnash's strategy in the top position.

(11-08-2012, 12:58 PM)Ragnash link Wrote: With the change to the spawns, I always liked the idea of barricading the camera right-hand side. But having faced the same problem as Click, I have never fully had the chance to test it with an efficient team.

I believe the benefits of the right-hand side are that, due to the changed spawns, they only have 1 route of entry. They hit the 2-3 shielders, who stand in the middle of 2 heavy barricades on either side. Deployable shields cover the small walls, thus allowing ammo refill to be spammed. 2 light barricades at the back for archers to fire over shield wall. If all team members don't cross an invisible line drawn straight back to the wall inline with the ammo refill, then in theory the enemies wouldn't even attempt coming around the side and no protection would be necessary.

My comments: This camp looks the best.  Except for an occasional stray, the nords all attack the front shield wall.  The ammo box in the camp is great for easy medic box spamming.  Ideally, there would be enough shielders to block almost the entire gap (this probably will not happen very often).  Short Heavy Barricades would probably be best placed right of the shield wall with Heavy Barricades behind them.  The S.H.Cades would take the melee hits and the H.Cades would block the ranged.  The main thing to be careful with in this strategy is to make sure no one stands right behind the barricades and draws the nords to attack them.

I'm hoping that people will see this strategy and try it out.  Please post if it works, why it does not, or how it can be improved.  Thanks.

This strategy was first written for version 0.4.4.  As of 0.4.8, it is still valid.
Edit: Added ideas and strategy charts from the feedback.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
I've had the exact same idea regarding this map, and I have attempted using a similar strategy to this (though the team was not coordinated enough to stay within the yellow lines in your figure). It was a monumental failure for us in that attempt.

Of course, I have not tried this spot with a smaller group. Perhaps with a better coordinated team this will work.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
With the change to the spawns, I always liked the idea of barricading the camera right-hand side. But having faced the same problem as Click, I have never fully had the chance to test it with an efficient team.

I believe the benefits of the right-hand side are that, due to the changed spawns, they only have 1 route of entry. They hit the 2-3 shielders, who stand in the middle of 2 heavy barricades on either side. Deployable shields cover the small walls, thus allowing ammo refill to be spammed. 2 light barricades at the back for archers to fire over shield wall. If all team members don't cross an invisible line drawn straight back to the wall inline with the ammo refill, then in theory the enemies wouldn't even attempt coming around the side and no protection would be necessary.
nice idea never thaught of it!
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
If you move the green line up to the mouth of the stairs, you wouldn't need the red shields to keep them from coming over. Not only that, but now that the stairs are cut off from the nords, you can put the dep shields on the stairs themselves almost outside of bot melee range. On top of that, you could put two ranged characters behind the pillars on the cat walk up top to shoot at the nords.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.  I finally updated my post with the new strategy charts.  I have not been able to test any of them with a large coordinated group yet, but I'm still hoping for that opportunity.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
Ok. Made some adjustments to my earlier stated strategy. I have tested the below strategy with a decent team and it was working successfully. Unfortunately we had a crash before being able to fully test it on later hard mode waves, but with some adjustments it would have worked I believe.

The deployable shields protect the full time healer. They also stop friendly archers shooting on the right hand side and drawing enemies to barricades. The deployables set up behind the shield wall provide shooting platforms for the archers to shoot over the shield wall.

The shield wall can be either a 3 man team with a heavy barricade on their right, I believe the barricade would stay intact as long as every player remains between the yellow lines. We did also have a 6 man shield wall which worked perfectly with no barricade on the right, obviously 6 shielders isn't always possible. As stated I believe the heavy barricade won't be destroyed if players remain in the yellow zone. The heavy barricade on the left side below wall isn't necessary either but if there is an undisciplined player that is occasionally leaving the yellow line, an enemy will every now and then come around the side, having a barricade there will slow their attack down allowing a slasher to deal with him.

I have not fully tested this but I am confident that it will be an effective strategy with a committed and disciplined team. Which should be reasonably easy to set up in a public server with a mixture of players.
well this obviously cant work. "edit : ok it does"
Wusel @ Omnia
Haha, it did work when I played with Ragnash and a bunch of other VLKA.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(04-11-2012, 12:23 AM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: Haha, it did work when I played with Ragnash and a bunch of other VLKA.

Yeah, that was a fun run. Shielding first waves and only using one barricade on the side. If I recall correctly we made it to Jotnes
Broad shouldered: LatinaHeat
Soft hands: Murrow
Soiled hands: Lantice
Queenie: Phe
Morale Tent: Ailish, Buki, Chasia,
(04-08-2012, 09:06 AM)Legend link Wrote:and you are a sex-object murrow  :Smile (and a guy who's a woman..)