Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

More colours for Transitional Armour
(04-03-2015, 06:12 PM)Maroon link Wrote: [quote author=Blessed_LadyPheonix link=topic=40851.msg223520#msg223520 date=1425491111]
If I remember correctly they wont add more colours because it would make the already long "Loading Textures" even longer without actually implementing any new armor. Instead of adding multiple colours of the same armor, they would rather add more armor selection. Smile

Actually, it's the other way around. It would actually be more efficient to add different colors when it comes to resources, because that way you can create additional in-game items using the same model, instead of using a different model and a different texture.
[/quote]

Assuming you are using different textures in place of new models, and not just doing both.  However, I do think it gets boring to see the same model over and over with a different color on it...
How do you change the colours for yourself? i would very much like to see black and orange with my character Smile
1.3.15-studded gauntlets
(04-03-2015, 07:25 PM)project1moon link Wrote: How do you change the colours for yourself? i would very much like to see black and orange with my character Smile

I agree. Having those colors are amazing. Even if you can only see it yourself.
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
+1
You people have a hard time read don't you?  This has been posted twice on this thread.

(04-03-2015, 05:30 PM)Maroon link Wrote: [quote author=ari23 link=topic=40851.msg223500#msg223500 date=1425487248]
where can i choose my own colors?

(04-03-2015, 12:25 PM)-Perception- link Wrote: Meh, seen better colorchoices already. Personally I quite like orange/white, purple/black, white/black, etc.
Basicly anything paired with black or white looks pretty neat.

For those of you who want to experiment a bit, heres a file that makes changing the colors of the trans really simple:
Download me.
Just download it, open with Gimp, select one of the two color layers, click on "Colors" - "Colorize" at the top, and change to whatever color you want. Its as simple as that.

If you want to actually see it ingame, get the .dds plugin for gimp installed, export the texture as a ".dds" file (dxt1, generate mipmaps), name it "early_transitional_blue" (or "early_transitional_orange", "early_transitional_white") and copy-replace it into the ".../NordInvasion/Textures" directory.
[/quote]
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Why do you need to name it "early_transitional_blue" ? Why is that "early" needed? Can't you just overwrite it with the color you have ?
Because the currently used texture name is "early_transitional_blue", and its linked to the mesh with that name. However, if you change how its linked via openBRF you can rename it to whatever you desire, if thats of such importance to you.  Tongue
Oh didn't knew the texture was called like that. Thought that you made that part of the name.
Thanks for telling. Will give it a try.
(04-03-2015, 09:09 PM)-Perception- link Wrote: Because the currently used texture name is "early_transitional_blue", and its linked to the mesh with that name. However, if you change how its linked via openBRF you can rename it to whatever you desire, if thats of such importance to you.  Tongue

Meshes and textures names can be changed. Just make sure you change both of them. Otherwise the compilation will not work well.
NI maps (The forgotten bay Nordic Fortress / Frosthaven / Medieval fields / River's conflict / Swadian Mines )
FYI, it's called the early transitional armor, because that's the time period it comes from. It's based off of a piece of armor from the start of the transition from medieval times to the Renaissance, started by the invention of gunpowder.
[sup]The [sup]more [sup]you [sup]know[/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup]
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."