Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The fix for Ranger
Helms
New armor idea

Stat change
These are all ideas get get mad plz in chat

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Well, yeah, there should be something done with hybrid heroes. The only popular are Legionnaire and Marauder. So maybe Woody is right and Ranger could get an armour that makes him like infantry. Actually, it's Sentinel that has a bit of melee abilities, so I think it'd be better to provide more infantry-like armour to Sentinel rather.
(17-03-2015, 06:58 AM)Bobo link Wrote: Well, yeah, there should be something done with hybrid heroes. The only popular are Legionnaire and Marauder. So maybe Woody is right and Ranger could get an armour that makes him like infantry. Actually, it's Sentinel that has a bit of melee abilities, so I think it'd be better to provide more infantry-like armour to Sentinel rather.
? i am asking for a upgrade to Swadian Surcoat Overmail as ranger only armor ok that like 600k to bring it down to you leave it like if Swadian Heavy Lamellar Armor was the best that you could get for commando see my point and Sentinel it op as it is with Power strike 7

The Sentinel is not OP lol.
Some of these ideas seem a little OP though, if I'm honest.
Isn't the whole point of having a range of hero classes, that you choose between various trade-offs, to better suit your play style?

I don't think that the ranger needs an armour rating comparable to that of a commando. This is because I don't think the armour increase of the Ranger is necessarily intended to make it more melee capable. Rather that the Ranger might fare better against enemy ranged.
Neither does the armour need to be lighter, nor the Ranger's agility, higher. If you want to kite, you have the option of using a lighter armour like many Wardens often do.
But in Hard or Ragnarok, when play is more defensive and ranged peek rather than kite, mobility isn't important, but armour (and ironflesh) is.
This is the trade-off for the Ranger class. Survivability at the cost of mobility.
I understand why you would want to have the class buffed. Who wouldn't? But truly, I don't think it's necessary.

The one thing I do agree with is that the Grinder looks a little dorky on an archer. That visibility can't be good eh?
(17-03-2015, 07:58 AM)Hoplonski link Wrote: (...) But in Hard or Ragnarok, when play is more defensive and ranged peek rather than kite, mobility isn't important, but armour (and ironflesh) is. (...)
That.
(17-03-2015, 07:58 AM)Hoplonski link Wrote: I don't think that the ranger needs an armour rating comparable to that of a commando. This is because I don't think the armour increase of the Ranger is necessarily intended to make it more melee capable. Rather that the Ranger might fare better against enemy ranged.
Ok black armor(6-7m) for pc armor 68 Weight 30 ,Heraldic Master Halberdier Mail (1m) for Halberdier armor 60 Weight: 25 so Ranger armor (600K!) armor 55 weight 25

So the armor would be (guess) same price/crafting wise as  brass set  so body (4-5m atm) armor 60 weight 14 is not that bad ok look at bear (150-200k?) armor 45 weight 15 then Tracker Armor(2-2.5m?) 46 weight 10! then

btw who said that this class had to be heavy ? if you give people options that are balance it far ?

and im making Brass Gauntlets atm which is better by 2 than bear so i think if  Pavise Champion and Halberdier can use Studded why cant we ?

Word "ranger" in topic summoned me here Wink

1. First of all, I do agree that grinder helmet looks bad on archer, but replacing it wouldn't fix anything (ranger would still be the ugly one) and helmets you posted looks even worse that grinder when combined with bow, but that just my opinion.

2. Yes ranger need new (craftyble) body armor. I used to think that ranger and halbardier should have same armor stats, but with curent total 81 for halb it would be too much for ranger. Ranger armor should be around 60 body 27 leg and 30 weight, giving it total 69 body armor. Why 30 weight? Well devs seem to try keep kind of reality in our items so armor made of mail and armor plates that give 60 can't be light.

3. Buff to atletics is most useless buff for ranger, it is not kiting class get over it, I would prefer buff to ironflesh instead  to survive more hits than be slighty faster. Although buffs in skill are not really necessary here.
Legendarys looted:
Aurora Blade - April 2013
Barbutte with Coif - February 2014
Eastern Katana - November 2014
Tiger Scale Armor - November 2015
Word "ranger" in topic summoned me here Wink

1. First of all, I do agree that grinder helmet looks bad on archer, but replacing it wouldn't fix anything (ranger would still be the ugly one) and helmets you posted looks even worse that grinder when combined with bow, but that just my opinion.

Me -a. ok like i said it a option

2. Yes ranger need new (craftyble) body armor. I used to think that ranger and halbardier should have same armor stats, but with curent total 81 for halb it would be too much for ranger. Ranger armor should be around 60 body 27 leg and 30 weight, giving it total 69 body armor. Why 30 weight? Well devs seem to try keep kind of reality in our items so armor made of mail and armor plates that give 60 can't be light.

Me -b like i said 2 armor ok my guess you would want the heavy one Tongue i want the lighter one as i dont want much more than the 55 armor i would trade it would less weight

3. Buff to atletics is most useless buff for ranger, it is not kiting class get over it, I would prefer buff to ironflesh instead  to survive more hits than be slighty faster. Although buffs in skill are not really necessary here.

Me-ci ha like i said in the in the stats i dont need Shielding (6) i dont use it in most sever these days have ether a commando or xbow on it that there job
cii true thing i have shield prince with 3-4! sks as ranger that 4 should tell you how stupid that stat is 

I agree with getting another armor for ranger (possibly make it an legendary armor like leather over mail for Halberdier) and I think that Ranger may need some better gauntlets but they may not be needed.
For the first suggestion of helmets, I don't think we really need the commando marketplace helms as they most likely will not help the situation. Maybe getting a real legendary helmet just for the ranger would be the best option.
For the second suggestion of armors I already said what I wanted to say in the first paragraph. For the third suggestion though, I don't think we need a buff in agility. Rangers are meant to survive not to be able to run. It would help more for both the ranger and the Halberdier to be able to bring in ok shields and maybe to buff the shielding of ranger to 7 to make it easier to backup shield.
AFG

It feels as though everytime I read one of your ranger feature requests my brain capacity drops to less than that of a 5 year old. I don't understand what part of 'ranger is meant to have heavy armor to compensate for the extra protection' you don't understand. What makes it even better is that you want to have almost the same body and head armor as a commando yet with the same armor weight as the bear set.

Another part I don't understand is why you would go ranger, want lighter armor since "I don't want much more then 55 armor" and not use the grinder helm (which is pretty much the only useful thing as a ranger). Yes I understand you may not like the look of the helmet but you ain't going to be seeing it if you are shooting in first person mode or at worst you only see the bare back of it in third person mode (seems like someone just wants others to think they look pretty), you might aswell just go warden since it appears to suit your needs better than the ranger does.

Well back to a discussion about stats.

You say how it's unfair that halberdier has a possible 91 body armor compared to the rangers 64 obviously this gap is only this high because of the inclusion of the high priced legendaries. So if we were to compare just the top tier craftables for these classes you would notice that halberdier only marginally beats it with 70 armor compared to the 64 and as it should since all the other tier 4+ pikeman/sniper gear or the same level results with pikeman having better armor.

Another part I have an issue about is how you say how 'stupid' it's to have 6 shielding since you required too many shields to shield prince. I don't even know why you complain about this stat when its sole purpose was shown to work (which is shielding when there is nobody else to shield).

Since this rant has gone on for quite some time I think i'll just conclude it with why not just change your personal tecture of the grinder helmet and craft brass armor if you want that lighter armor.
Cookie Monstah
My life inspiration

Quote:"It's not necessarily rip offs as all the people I traded were known players who have used the forum to sell items before." - #1 GOD