Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Is this a good idea or not?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Agree
21.43%
3 21.43%
Disagree
50.00%
7 50.00%
Maybe with more balancing
14.29%
2 14.29%
Not sure
14.29%
2 14.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Change to Commando
        Commando seem to be the most used and overpowering class so why not make them slightly harder to play as? We could split off Shielder to a whole different class type and make commando only 2 handed. Commandos could keep the heavy armor but lose the great shield skill they have. An example for the body armor would be that commandos keep the Transitional and all the stronger plate armors. The Shielder class could have medium armor but really good shield skill and 1 handed. An example for body armor would be that the Shielder class could use more mail type armors since they have to hold up a shield the entire time and that gets quite heavy in the first place they could use armors like the Mail Hauberk and Heavy Lamellar armor types. This would make it so more teamwork would be involved for essential parts on the battlefield instead of just bringing all commandos. Shield walls could not be formed effectively unless Shielders were on the battle field and Commandos could be more powerful but use 2 handed weapons instead of having long pikes to slash with like Pikemen. I hope this idea is helpful in some way.
[ --- Insert Custom Signature Here <----- ]
I think this idea would make Teamwork be used so much more and would be much more helpful, while also adding a challenge and more specified roles. I agree to this idea!
Just got out of prison after attacking a man on New years eve. Excuse me for getting nervous while an Arab was counting down from ten.

What's the difference between a black and a white fairy tale?
White begins, "once upon a time,"
black begins, "y'all motherf*ckers ain't gonna believe dis shit!"
Sometimes I shield, sometimes I slash, sometimes I heal...
If your only job is to make a shieldwall and stand here for ages, then shielder class would be so booooooriiiiiiiing.

Disagree.
Thatsmybanana : Good job YunYun

[spoiler=Naughty Yuri]
[Image: 1B9EnSS.png]
[Image: yurii.png]
[Image: yuriiih.png]
[Image: yurij.png]
Disagree.
Wusel @ Omnia
Not a good idea, why? Because then we'd have no shielders ever Tongue. Every game i played recenty i had to be one of the "2" shielders, and sometimes it was only me lol.

Now other flaws are; you want to give better protection and better damage to the new commando while leaving "new" shielder class with medium armors with only shields; thats not a good idea since commando class will be better in the eye's of the current commandos because of being slashers.

On the other hand there are players who likes to play as both (like YunYun), and i dont think they will choose weaker and more boring shielder class over the your new, better protected damage dealer commando class. So we'd also lose a few people who shield if the team needs it (including me, i'd go with the new 2hander commando class myself Big Grin )

It could work if you give alot more protection and the best armors available with strong shields that holds thousands(yes you read it right) of Nords without needing to repair; to the new shielder class. And leave the new commando with medium armors since they will be damage dealers already (%90 of the players choose to be a damage dealer in online rpg games, hence 10 commandos trying to slash while the team's needing only 1 shielder more in current games in NI...)

After telling all of those, i'd like to see shielder class getting seperated from 2hander class. You just have to give something better over other classes(like giving the best protection to shielder class in my example above)

So i partly support your idea, but not like how you described the new classes Smile.
Attack of the smileys! Beware!
Less shielders, donotwant.
This will have a great decrease on shielders. Which in turn will NOT promote teamwork because there isn't any shielders. DISAGREE.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
      An archers job is to shoot, or if they have an assist class to put a Barricade or Heal on occasion. A crossbowman's job is to be mediocre at melee with 1 handers and shoot since they are limited to 4 items they are not very good to bring support weapons. A pikeman's job is to slash or throw and they are fast healers or can be quick deploying engineers. A pikeman on the other hand is balanced out by having the worst armor possible. The commando on the other hand has the best of all worlds but ranged, but who needs ranged when you can shield or be behind a shield? A commando can slash if he wants to, shield and protect the team, be an engineer or healer, and best of all he has the strongest armor in the game. Why should one class be the most over powering of all of them? Oh and also do not forget you can customize your class with different choices made through leveling up and choosing which tier you get next. So you can form a hybrid to do multiple things instead of just having one class that does it all.

Well if there are no shielders then someone would have to become one. This would cause people to, if they want to get far, contribute to the team. Some people like shielding (surprisingly enough) and these people would be helpful to the team. It would be the same as no one wanting to be full time healer but becoming one anyways to help the team.

Most of the games I play I see everyone with extra Royal Shields so many that the ground is littered with them and when I do not see that it is only because I am playing on a normal server with a bunch of tier 1 and tier 2 footmen. I had thought about the shielders having more armor but the problem is if they already have a shield why do they need amazing armor to go with it?  Also if they held off thousand of nords with one shield it would make the waves too easy and we would not want that now would we? Big Grin
(17-08-2012, 03:29 AM)RookieGIadiator link Wrote:
      An archers job is to shoot, or if they have an assist class to put a Barricade or Heal on occasion. A crossbowman's job is to be mediocre at melee with 1 handers and shoot since they are limited to 4 items they are not very good to bring support weapons. A pikeman's job is to slash or throw and they are fast healers or can be quick deploying engineers. A pikeman on the other hand is balanced out by having the worst armor possible. The commando on the other hand has the best of all worlds but ranged, but who needs ranged when you can shield or be behind a shield? A commando can slash if he wants to, shield and protect the team, be an engineer or healer, and best of all he has the strongest armor in the game. Why should one class be the most over powering of all of them? Oh and also do not forget you can customize your class with different choices made through leveling up and choosing which tier you get next. So you can form a hybrid to do multiple things instead of just having one class that does it all.

Well if there are no shielders then someone would have to become one. This would cause people to, if they want to get far, contribute to the team. Some people like shielding (surprisingly enough) and these people would be helpful to the team. It would be the same as no one wanting to be full time healer but becoming one anyways to help the team.

Most of the games I play I see everyone with extra Royal Shields so many that the ground is littered with them and when I do not see that it is only because I am playing on a normal server with a bunch of tier 1 and tier 2 footmen. I had thought about the shielders having more armor but the problem is if they already have a shield why do they need amazing armor to go with it?  Also if they held off thousand of nords with one shield it would make the waves too easy and we would not want that now would we? Big Grin
[/quote]

Then my friend, which class you'd be; a 2hander slasher with best damage output and with best armors, or an ordinary shielder who only have his/her shield with mediocre armors? Answer this honestly please. For an example me, who also shield most of the time when playing because of lack of shielders in-game in hard mode or normal mode; i will chose 2hander class over that shielder of yours. And other 8 commandos out of 10 who can shield right now with current commando class too, because they are already not shielding even while having kite shields over their shoulders and even after seeing their shielders dead; they just keep slashing till everybody in team is dead... Its all slash-slash-slash for commandos already. At least right now there are few people who shield because they can with current commando class.

If you dont give that new shielder class something he/she can chose over new damage-dealer commando, he/she wont chose it no matter what. In my example, that's better defence than others. He is a shielder; a defender so isnt it more suitable to have most defence out of all classes? Also why should a 2hander damage dealer get best armors too? (lol) Where is the balance in that? It just sounds like you want your favourite 2hander damage dealer class with best armors out there to be playable in NI Tongue.
Attack of the smileys! Beware!
      I would make my main a Commando slasher because he has a heavy warhammer, is a medic and has a res tome. I would make my 1 alt a shielder because I like helping the team also I made a royal shield for the exact purpose as shielding and helping the team. My main problem with the current commando is they have too much power and are the 2 hand damage dealer class that can also be a 1 handed hide in a corner shielder.