Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Spamming AH
@Blondin- I see what you mean and that is a good idea, I just wasn't understanding what you were saying. (Package is a good word BTW) I try to follow that method, but I know that others don't, thus the reason for this topic. I am not a coder, but it seems like that would be pretty easy to set up. All you would do would be set it so you enter X (quantity being sold) and V (value) it divides them and you get U (unit price). Interesting possibilities.

The only problem that I can see would be that it wouldn't stop people from grossly over pricing single items. Unless it was made so that you could only sell single items at U. But there is still the possibility of put a huge price for the package. There are still chinks in the idea but I bet if we work together we could work them out.

@Mr. Toast- If you intend to say something, please use plain English with proper grammar. If English is not your native language I know there are translators out there that you can use to put your message into an understandable form.
Start the game already!
People may overprice if they want to, their money their problem. It just shouldn't happen with hundreds of separate items at a time Tongue
I understand the sentiments put forth in this thread, but for some items such as crafted armors and weapons, it would be detrimental to sell in bulk. A solution to this has been suggested already though, and that is the ability to buy single items from bulk sales. However, the problem with this is that some people sell in bulk so as to clear inventory more quickly through discounting. If this system could be or were implemented there should probably be an option to set sales as "bulk only" or "individual purchase."
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
I think the current system works well enough. At the end of the day it's your decision to buy. You don't have to pay for over-priced items.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
(13-03-2012, 12:23 AM)Birdtalon link Wrote: I think the current system works well enough. At the end of the day it's your decision to buy. You don't have to pay for over-priced items.

This is getting off topic= we were discussing the spamming that happens in the AH by some nooblets.
Start the game already!
(13-03-2012, 12:29 AM)Sparhawk link Wrote: [quote author=Birdtalon link=topic=1903.msg15980#msg15980 date=1331598216]
I think the current system works well enough. At the end of the day it's your decision to buy. You don't have to pay for over-priced items.

This is getting off topic= we were discussing the spamming that happens in the AH by some nooblets.
[/quote]

There is more incentive to buy single items or small bundles because bulk ones obviously cost more money. If "nooblets" are spamming the AH with overpriced spam items they will run out of money very quickly. I however do not support the idea of an AH restriction.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
People don't have to run out of money, the thing that bugs me is someone putting up 50 x 1 cloth piece for 100 gold.
I suggested a solution to this here.....    http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...l#msg13517

Implementation may or may not be tedious, but would be much more accessible than the current state of affairs.

In case you're too lazy to click on the link or you have RSI from scanning the Auction Hall...  Tongue

"Anybody selling multiple identical items, singularly, for exactly the same price should have their items automatically grouped.

When buying from a player's stack, there should be a similar window to the 'sell your items' pop-up allowing the buyer to specify the number of items to buy.

This will alleviate the need to support Auction Hall entries from morons who insist on spamming their '1 x ITEM Z' for up to 10 pages [literally]. It also alleviates the buyer's need to make multiple searches just to purchase the same good, from the same person, for the same price 500 times [figuratively and possibly].

So that vendors can still set their single and bulk pricing, they should be able to lock a bulk listing from singular purchase.

For example:

I want to sell 2 Woven Steel for 5000 each
I also want to sell 2 Woven Steel for 9,500net
I want to sell another 2 Woven Steel for 9,500net

The auction hall would use the extra space on the page to fill in single price.      2 x Woven Steel 5000e  10,000net
Then the vendor could list multiples twice with a lock on each.      2 x Woven Steel          9,500net

The average price is displayed, thus alerting the vendor to the fact they've made a typo as soon as it's listed. It also allows a potential sale and resale to be more readily undertaken due to a far more transparent market.

Under this proposed setup, the buyer doesn't have to pull out a calculator for more bizarre transactions. eg. 147 x Cloth            5487 Gold      ( that's 37.3265306122449e by the way  Tongue  )

Let's not forget that any program/page created these days should take accessibility factors into account. eg. Not having to click an extra 400 times to buy 100 Cloth individually at the best price available."

I would genuinely not be surprised if the idea behind allowing spamming is to force you to refresh the page more often, thus generating cash-cash-caaaaaaash.
I like that idea (which has been suggesting several times in this thread), but I very much doubt if the developers would be able to implement that.
I think it would be good to implement that you have to wait a certain amount a time and a certain amount of items at once, but the whole buying packages? meh
And the system now is actually really great