Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Royal Guard or Legionaire *Changed*
Hey, what are the pros and cons of these two hero classes ?

Thanks in advance,
Maximus
Characters:
[LK]Maximus(Zweihander) - [LK]Felix(Chosen Marksmen) - [LK]Michael(Pikeman) - [LK]Linda(Legionnaire)
Aegis Shield, 3mio
Legendary Loots: 74

Steam: Faravin | Playershop

Aegis shield, head crusher (or melee wep of ur choice), good support item, ok helmet (visored sallet or any of the 63 helmets or better), and swadian heavy lam if u want or trans with some good gauntlets and you are set
AFG

Definitely shield, Aegis being the most popular. RG's primary task is to shield, isn't it?
Bump
Characters:
[LK]Maximus(Zweihander) - [LK]Felix(Chosen Marksmen) - [LK]Michael(Pikeman) - [LK]Linda(Legionnaire)
(06-04-2015, 07:39 PM)Maximus. link Wrote: Hey, what are the pros and cons of these two hero classes ?

Thanks in advance,
Maximus

1. RG is the one that separates other team members from sudden death. Cades and shielders hold enemies while slashers and ranged kill them. Shielders are really always needed in the team and even more now after recent map changes. But RGs do not make many kills (on some runs even none sometimes) and kills are not their purpose. So you must consider your personality and playing style. If supporting the team is what you find satisfaction in and you prefer defensive style, RG in surely a good choice. Still ofc, like any infantry hero, RG is a strong melee fighter, though surpassed here by Zwei and Legio. Both RG and Zwei find it difficult to find occupation sometimes if there are many inf in the team.
2. Legionnaire is a very versatile class. He excels in 1H weapons and is designed to play aggresively. If no RG on the team he can successfully shield (if equipped with a reasonable shield). If team has enough shielders he can throw. He can rush forward and engage enemy ranged who camp spamming team with arrows. If things go wrong Legionnaire's ability to adapt and take on different roles is most valuable. Though Legionnaire is not the best shielder in game, nor the best slasher, nor the best ranged, he can be all of those (and reasonably well). Other such versatile class is Pavise. Playing Legio one never finds there is nothing to do... Loads of fun.
(06-04-2015, 07:39 PM)Maximus. link Wrote:Hey, what are the pros and cons of these two hero classes ?

Thanks in advance,
Maximus
Since I have both classes my opinion is if you go Royal Guard you should expect to shield and do basically nothing else, now if there is already enough shielders then you are going to be slashing or healing. So if you want a mainly supportive class that doesn't really have that much fun (compared to legionnaire) then you should go Royal Guard.

For Legionnaire it is a very fun class if you have enough room, resources (cades, gear, etc.), and creativity to use legionnaire to kill nords in unique ways. Usually most of the ideas tried by legionnaires end up in their deaths which is a definite con for legionnaire. Legionnaire excels at using one handed weapons which go along nicely with the shielding skill legionnaire has. If you get the new armor for legionnaire you will be able to move around easier with it also. Legionnaire is basically a class that you will never run out of stuff to do with unless you are dead which depends how you play with legionnaire.

One last thing I want to say that probably affects my views on both classes is that I have had my Royal Guard for a long time and have used him a lot which shows that I've probably gotten bored of playing him, on the other hand I just got my legionnaire last weekend and I have really enjoyed playing him. Hope this helps you make your choice and no matter what both hero classes are worth it if you have the right gear for each of them. 
AFG

http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...946.0.html
Legendary Loots: 74

Steam: Faravin | Playershop

Thanks for the responses. Locked.
Characters: