Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Auction hall additions
So, I have been thinking about some things that the auction hall could use as an improvement and so far i have 2 half decent ideas that ill throw out here for scrutiny.

1. A buying section of the auction hall.
Players could select a material from a list(only materials) and then post a quantity and a price at which they want to buy that material, on the auction hall, to others looking to sell their items, it would look something like this.
In this case id consider making both sides pay 50% of the AH tax. not really sure how else to add to this, i feel its quite self explanatory.

2. Reintroduce selling in bulk
In the old auction hall, if you listed 6 lumps, you sold 6 lumps at one time for 1 price, and this allowed people to give discounts on larger quantities. Id suggest making this an optional choice when listing items to add more diversity to the auction hall.As with the other idea, i feel this is pretty self explanatory and I'd like to keep this short.

These are just basic bare bones ideas, feel free to rip them apart or add your own spice to them.
StuStu-All I'll say buddy is Arbilest or however it's spelt, crafting price means nothing in NI, if you are a long time player you should know that yourself, I'm done arguing with someone who's naive as ****
[Image: lNYrB9c.png]
As to the buying section - a fine idea. That would surely make the business going more lively  Wink
(09-04-2015, 06:43 AM)FV_HappyMonk3y99 link Wrote: So, I have been thinking about some things that the auction hall could use as an improvement and so far i have 2 half decent ideas that ill throw out here for scrutiny.

1. A buying section of the auction hall.
Players could select a material from a list(only materials) and then post a quantity and a price at which they want to buy that material, on the auction hall, to others looking to sell their items, it would look something like this.
In this case id consider making both sides pay 50% of the AH tax. not really sure how else to add to this, i feel its quite self explanatory.

2. Reintroduce selling in bulk
In the old auction hall, if you listed 6 lumps, you sold 6 lumps at one time for 1 price, and this allowed people to give discounts on larger quantities. Id suggest making this an optional choice when listing items to add more diversity to the auction hall.As with the other idea, i feel this is pretty self explanatory and I'd like to keep this short.

These are just basic bare bones ideas, feel free to rip them apart or add your own spice to them.

I like number 2. Maybe to the right of the "buy" button, add a "buy all" button.
[Image: 76561198069110595.png]

Dragon Halberd
Thanos Legacy
Studded Gauntlets
Vagabond Helmet

| darklit | Esox | Isoptera | Bombina | Branta | Agnus | Caridea| Hyla |
(09-04-2015, 03:24 PM)FV_darklit link Wrote:
I like number 2. Maybe to the right of the "buy" button, add a "buy all" button.
[/quote]

I do believe monkey would like to see the possibility to lock an offer to be buy-all-or-nothing... So it seems such offers should have "buy all" instead of "buy" button. Only other possibility to sell wholesale quantities at wholesale price is that there are 2 prices in the listing (and 2 buttons). I fear that would be a mess.
I do think it's easier to make 2 listings: normal and wholesale, the later being "buy all". To avoid mistakes such listing should be different than normal (backgound or font colour?) and perhaps inflict "are you sure?" window for confirmation.

Another remark on this is: actually what difference does it make to seller (who wants to sell large quantity but is ready to make discount for it) to just put it on AH with a discount price? Ofc there will be small transactions then, too, but eventually all will sell and the time needed to sell it all is just a result of price attractiveness. So I am not fully convinced to point 2 TBH.
I do like the idea of adding an item request / WTB section to the Auction Hall.  For that matter, I would also like to add a true bidding section to the Auction Hall.  We already have a few projects underway at the moment, though, so this will have to wait on the to-do list.

As for the bulk selling, I do not want to add back the ability to list items multiple times at different prices.  The old clutter of page after page of items listed by the same person was one of the reasons the Auction Hall was rewritten in the first place.  Perhaps we could add some sort of tiered discount rate which would allow the seller to specify a discount of x percent for purchases of over y quantity.  Making an intuitive UI for that could be a bit of a challenge, however.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
(30-04-2015, 01:38 AM)Kip link Wrote:
As for the bulk selling, I do not want to add back the ability to list items multiple times at different prices.  The old clutter of page after page of items listed by the same person was one of the reasons the Auction Hall was rewritten in the first place.  Perhaps we could add some sort of tiered discount rate which would allow the seller to specify a discount of x percent for purchases of over y quantity.  Making an intuitive UI for that could be a bit of a challenge, however.
that seems like a fair alternative, i like it.
StuStu-All I'll say buddy is Arbilest or however it's spelt, crafting price means nothing in NI, if you are a long time player you should know that yourself, I'm done arguing with someone who's naive as ****
[Image: lNYrB9c.png]