Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Scene Contest II
WHO WON??????!!!!!
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
You.
(20-09-2012, 01:55 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: WHO WON??????!!!!!

I did ofc.
"And it goes a little something like this..."
I won?? Totally awesome. Knew my NI fairyland map was the ticket. Nords floating on clouds and attacking with giant purple dil... I would like a DWP plox.
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
(20-09-2012, 02:45 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: I won?? Totally awesome. Knew my NI fairyland map was the ticket. Nords floating on clouds and attacking with giant purple dil... I would like a DWP plox.

+1 to this idea, still the second silliest thing to come out of Scotland lately though  Tongue
Congratulations, Displeased_Peasant. The layout of your map was logical and well thought out. My only complaint is that the island is really small and looks lacking in resources, which would bring into question why anyone would settle there in the first place (and why people would set up shop in such a seemingly remote location). In this department, Senni's map presented fewer conundrums, but lost in terms of design quality (in my opinion). Sadly I did not experience all of the maps. For the ones I did experience (the last 3 I think), my biggest criticism is that the layout and placement of objects was not logical. It didn't make sense for objects or buildings to be where they were, which made the map feel strange.

Anyway, I hope this helps whoever reads this in their future mapping endeavors. It was a good effort and I enjoyed testing out new maps.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
(20-09-2012, 09:28 PM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: Congratulations, Displeased_Peasant. The layout of your map was logical and well thought out. My only complaint is that the island is really small and looks lacking in resources, which would bring into question why anyone would settle there in the first place (and why people would set up shop in such a seemingly remote location). In this department, Senni's map presented fewer conundrums, but lost in terms of design quality (in my opinion). Sadly I did not experience all of the maps. For the ones I did experience (the last 3 I think), my biggest criticism is that the layout and placement of objects was not logical. It didn't make sense for objects or buildings to be where they were, which made the map feel strange.

Anyway, I hope this helps whoever reads this in their future mapping endeavors. It was a good effort and I enjoyed testing out new maps.

I see your point, but the sea is pretty good place for resources like fishing, etc.
Don't forget being and outpost in the middle of important sea trade routes =P, where sailors stop for a pint of beer, warm food and a cosy room. =D
"Deer": i want to go to sleep, but i might wake up and not have a house anymore
"Deer": and CC would have grown
"Deer": i wish people would pay me to do things i dont know how to do
Maybe if there were a lighthouse on the small island it would make more sense of a small settlement springing up next to it.

Then again, fighting in a big lighthouse up a wide spiraling damaged stair case is probably a map unto itself.
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

(20-09-2012, 10:03 PM)YuriTheRed link Wrote: Don't forget being and outpost in the middle of important sea trade routes =P, where sailors stop for a pint of beer, warm food and a cosy room. =D
Warm beer?
- Fingus