Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Save NordInvasion!
As we discussed here: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...735.0.html it seems NordInvasion is getting into trouble: it suffers a drop down in new members and community activity. Many members expressed their concern and opinion that recent changes making kiting difficult in most maps can significantly contribute to that effect. But surely that is not all, since of course we have players leaving (perhaps at a somewhat increased pace recently? idk) and it might be for the reason of recent changes. Still, the biggest problem seems to be (much) less new members to make up for those leaving...

So I'd like to ask you guys to throw some ideas here of what could be done to stop and revert this break down. As there was a lot said about influence of kiting being suppressed already in many threads so let's not get into details about it, I believe there is no need and I'd prefer to avoid this topic turning into "pros and cons of kiting" if you don't mind. If you'd like the "oldschool" kiting restored just put it shortly.

But most of all I'm expecting ideas of promoting the mod outside of this community to encourage new ppl to join us.
As I'm also a quite active player in the two biggest mods for Warband (Native, Napoleonic Wars), I can tell you that the decrease of veteran players and of beginners is a problem, every mod has.
It's the sixth year of Warband now, if I'm right, so it's not really surprising that some people turn their back on Warband and its mods. I've heard many people saying, they are waiting for Bannerlord and will return as soon as it gets released. So it's perhaps just about getting bored of the game.
Maybe a Steam Sale will change things again. As I can remember, the last big one in summer 2014 brought a lot of new people and full servers in all mods.
Tbh, I'm not sure if promoting NI outside will change things. And how to promote it outside? Joining Native servers and asking people to play NI?
It's just about how convinced everyone is. For example: Some months ago, I've been able to persuade friends of mine (members of my NW regiment) to play NI with me. We did this some time and we had fun, but most them turned back to other games quite fast. They've just reached lvl 25 or something.
So, if they like other games more, they'll play them first. Easy as that.
TH_Blade - Master Peltast
TH_Blade_III - Chosen Marksman
TH_Blade_IV - Royal Guard
TH_Kenshin - Zweihander
TH_Sirzechs - Sentinel
TH_Anahera - Aventurier
TH_Rikudou_Sennin - Halberdier

A random person: "We should resurrect Hitler with a tome and send him to Syria to defeat the IS"
Regarding promoting NI and bringing new players in, I find the best thing to do is bring in people you know from other mods (NW, PW etc), invite them into your houses and help them get started. Give them cheap crafted gear and teach them how to be useful in game. IMO it's the nurturing of new players that allows a community to grow.

Before I first quit this game (about 1 year ago) I had observed a lot of people being intolerant of noobs - on bloody normal servers as well. It only takes a couple of people to whinge about redshirts in game and you've already got a very bad impression on those new players in question. I know it is against the rules and what not but it definitely did happen and it just shows the underlying cultural problem here. Nowadays it seems better, and there's less slagging off of newbies, but the cynic inside tells me that's only because we have less newbies playing.
[Image: Zqret9U.jpg]

There once was a rather strange mammal,
Who went by the name of Saxon Camel,
With the Fire & Sword,
He killed all the Nords,
And burned down his own TeamSpeak Channel.

Keeping to the NI Faith:
[spoiler][img=241x200]http://i.gyazo.com/ed04d6c623c775ea761d298a2f72c6de
(26-04-2015, 09:05 AM)GrafBlade link Wrote:
It's just about how convinced everyone is.
if they like other games more, they'll play them first. Easy as that.
Surely so. Ppl come to check the mod out and some like it while some others not so much. Still, we need new ppl to join and some of them will stay. What worries me is that forum used to gain ca. 120 new members every month in 2014 while now I doubt if 50 will come until the end of month.
(26-04-2015, 09:33 AM)SaxonCamel link Wrote:
Before I first quit this game (about 1 year ago) I had observed a lot of people being intolerant of noobs - on bloody normal servers as well. It only takes a couple of people to whinge about redshirts in game and you've already got a very bad impression on those new players in question. I know it is against the rules and what not but it definitely did happen and it just shows the underlying cultural problem here. Nowadays it seems better, and there's less slagging off of newbies, but the cynic inside tells me that's only because we have less newbies playing.
Very true, new players need support and they surely want to feel accepted. They shouldn't get impression they are 2nd quality or something. Especially as leveling up is a bit frustrating process until reached tier 4. So one conclusion is for sure: let's be firendly to new ppl and make them feel they belong here. Community quality is as important for many as the mod quality itself.
(26-04-2015, 09:33 AM)SaxonCamel link Wrote: Regarding promoting NI and bringing new players in, I find the best thing to do is bring in people you know from other mods (NW, PW etc), invite them into your houses and help them get started. Give them cheap crafted gear and teach them how to be useful in game. IMO it's the nurturing of new players that allows a community to grow.
Yeah, probably best way. I was encouraged to try NI by Zawisza who we played Native together with. In my early days he also gave me a lot of advice and a sword I still use today.Smile Conclusion: invite your friend you play another mod with.
Mount & Blade Warband mods are all getting less and less players on their servers. Nord Invasion was one of the mods that stayed strong.
Lots of new games came out, by example GTA V, and more will follow. I'm wondering, if there is anything we could do .. ?
Mayby, make the mod better for those who are still playing? Mayby more loot? However, what is the point of more loots when nobody is buying them from you?
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
(26-04-2015, 11:12 AM)BlαcĸSɴιper link Wrote: Mayby, make the mod better for those who are still playing? Mayby more loot? However, what is the point of more loots when nobody is buying them from you?
I hardly play anymore, because I get bored, and find the loot system fustrating.

Example : You play way more rag runs, hard runs, and normal runs, and get no legendary loot...
Someone you know plays half the amount of time than you and manages to get at least one legendary.

It annoys me about how much time I've played this expecting to get lucky with a drop, only to be wasted becuase of the system being unfair
Wallace Mormont: wtf
Wallace Mormont: you cant use same
Wallace Mormont: weapon
[Image: Untitled_zpspihatt24.jpg]

[Image: Pilums%20look%20so%20good_zps7eejolna.png]
Well, the loot system is random, so it is hard to say it's unfair IMO. For performance one gets XP, other loots just come or not. Just life you see, one gets the lottery win, the others do not. The XP itself is enough to become reach over the time (if one has enough patience). The question is if we would prefer if things go much easier? Like e.g. one gets 100k if finished rag run? I just don't think so. The mod is so good 'cause it's well balanced. Though it may be found difficult comparing to many other mods.

Anyway I do not think the loot system could be the problem here that we are getting less newcomers...
I still believe the loot system still needs reworked even more, the only problem is shielders. If you base it by kills then they wont ever get anything, which is unfair to a important part of the team. Also the level up path is way to steep. A level 1 will be lucky to kill 2 guys, that would make them get angry and quit after a few trys. If they could say kill a couple waves on their own they could level up fairly quickly and get in the hang of it. Most people don't want to play a mod on an old game that has a huge learning and leveling path. I think just a nice big update and rework of a lot of NI will probably satisfy a lot of veteran players and keep new guys around long enough to become actual members of the community.
(26-04-2015, 02:10 PM)Bobo link Wrote: Well, the loot system is random, so it is hard to say it's unfair IMO. For performance one gets XP, other loots just come or not. Just life you see, one gets the lottery win, the others do not. The XP itself is enough to become reach over the time (if one has enough patience). The question is if we would prefer if things go much easier? Like e.g. one gets 100k if finished rag run? I just don't think so. The mod is so good 'cause it's well balanced. Though it may be found difficult comapring to many other mods.

Anyway I do not think the loot system could be the problem here that we are getting less newcomers...

How can you call the loot system random, if some players play years without any legendary, while others loot 4 or more of the rarest legendary's in 1 month.
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
(26-04-2015, 02:28 PM)BlαcĸSɴιper link Wrote: How can you call the loot system random, if some players play years without any legendary, while others loot 4 or more of the rarest legendary's in 1 month.

Holy shit BlαcĸSɴιper, it is called being lucky. Some people play the lottery for years and win nothing, while someone can just play once and become a millionaire.
So I guess EuroMillions is also not random and just unfair to some people.