Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

A few things that are always forgotten;
I am aware that I have posted a couple threads already in Strategies and Tips, and it is because I'm starting to notice that there are tons of things I do that other people do not take advantage of. So, I'm going to list out a few tips that can help you become a better player.

1. Remember weapon length; I have no need to go into this topic= as it is in this thread. http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...662.0.html

2. As an archer, speed on a bow is quite important, but never forget that if you have a decent bow, it can be pulled back all the way and held there for more accurate shots. Throwing 30 shots out and hitting 5 is a lot worse than throwing 15 shots out and getting 13 headshots.

3. As a pikeman, remember that your projectiles will usually sway to the right and down slightly. This applies a lot more to spears than axes, but it is still a present factor in your throwing accuracy for either weapon. Aiming for chest shots is a lot better than aiming for headshots most of the time, because it is quicker, and will help you progress your accuracy so that you can get headshots. Remember that aiming slightly up and to the left will give you the desired accuracy that you want.

4. As anyone who uses a melee weapon, do NOT neglect blocking. I know this sounds a bit weird and you're thinking "What, I do block???" but I have noticed a lack of actual sword fighting happening. Block, slash, block, slash, sometimes this is inefficient in killing enemies. Another strategy you want to consider is paying attention to your enemy and consider the timing of when they hit, instead of taking the safe route. This will help you increase your expertise in using melee weapons. Try and attack the enemy, and if you notice that he has the advantage and is going to hit you, remember to block! Blindly hitting is what I see most people do, and it gets many killed.

5. This one is quite silly, as it is a game property, but always remember that the tilde at the top left corner of your keyboard allows you to see all around you. This is very useful for kiting, and highly underused if I do say so myself.

6. As a healer, do not feel discouraged. Healers are extremely important, especially in the higher difficulties. The healing in this mod is quite irritating as sometimes you must click a few times before laying down a health kit, and this can cost lives. Try to remember that the health kit will be most efficient if you make sure that your reticle is pointed at open ground. This will almost always ensure that your health kit will go down. If you are sitting at an ammo box, remember that once you find that perfect spot to make sure you place down a medic box every time, you can hold down the tilde and it will lock your position.

7. As mentioned above, the tilde can also be used if you are a slasher. If you are slashing and consistently swing to the left, right, or stab, or if you keep hitting the shielder, consider this. As soon as you find the perfect spot, hold down the tilde to lock your position and you are set. Just remember that you will still need to move your mouse up and down for the overhead motion.

8. "When do I swing left, right, stab, or overhead?"
This is a very good question. Remember these factors; overhead slashing does the most damage and left slashing is the fastest slash. Depending on your weapon, your stab damage will do more to armor, if the stats are set that piercing is more, or close to your cut. When you slash in any direction, aim for the head, as it does do more damage. Try and swing your mouse with your body as you swing as it will also increase the damage. If you are running and are ready to do an overhead attack, it will do more damage than if you are standing still, especially if you hit the head. An advantage where you are higher than an enemy will also increase damage, for example, walking up stairs.

9. For bosses, do not aim for the head when using any weapon whatsoever, as normally a bosses head armor is extremely high. This does not apply for the lower rounds of normal, and can be bypassed by some very high level arrows and throwing weapons, and also some high level crossbows, but generally do not aim for the head.

10. Do not forget about head and hand armor. These might be considered a bit less important than body armor, because they are, but they will still protect you much more. Don't believe me? Well, I'd rather not explain why, since it is obvious, so try and take off your hand and head armor and see the difference in the damage you take. (It will also probably make your armor look horrible.)

11. Remember as an infantry when dealing with ranged enemies, if you are in a dire situation with no shield, or are a zweihander, this will protect you a lot of the time. What you should do is pull your weapon back as if you are going to stab with it, or left swing. Then move your mouse forward so that your body is at an angle going down. Move in a zigzag motion toward the ranged enemy, and attack. This will usually work and has helped me dozens of times. Note that a ranged with no ammo can also do this with a one hander, and that this will not work with enemies who have throwing weapons.

I'm sure there are more tips I have in my head, but I can not think of them right now; I will come back to the post and add them in if I do happen to think of any new tips.
Thank you for reading! I hope this helped you Smile
Didn't know the thing about the medic boxes being pointed at open ground vs pointed at something else, does that mean it works like that for tomes too?

Nice guide tho helps to have some reminders for some of us old players and for newer ones too
AFG

(24-05-2015, 11:19 PM)Joey link Wrote: I am aware that I have posted a couple threads already in Strategies and Tips, and it is because I'm starting to notice that there are tons of things I do that other people do not take advantage of. (...)
Yeah and keep it on, Joey. Good one. It's always valueable to remind some things that ppl often overlook, e.g. that gauntlets are the cheapest armour upgrade. GJ. Didn't know about med boxes, too. I'm going to verify this asap.
No.10 is my pet peeve and I do not understand why people are prepared to spend 100,000s for +4 armour boost without a few k on some decent gloves. A lot of people seem to think it only contributes to "hand armour" despite the fact that Native never mentions anything like this.
[Image: Zqret9U.jpg]

There once was a rather strange mammal,
Who went by the name of Saxon Camel,
With the Fire & Sword,
He killed all the Nords,
And burned down his own TeamSpeak Channel.

Keeping to the NI Faith:
[spoiler][img=241x200]http://i.gyazo.com/ed04d6c623c775ea761d298a2f72c6de
(25-05-2015, 09:21 AM)SaxonCamel link Wrote: No.10 is my pet peeve and I do not understand why people are prepared to spend 100,000s for +4 armour boost without a few k on some decent gloves. A lot of people seem to think it only contributes to "hand armour" despite the fact that Native never mentions anything like this.

While it is true that the price of only a few hand armor is not worth it, that does not make it any less useful. 4 body armor is actually quite a lot, in my opinion. Of course I am not saying that the price of hand armor is worth it, I am saying that the few extra armor points will take you somewhere.
(25-05-2015, 07:25 AM)Bobo link Wrote: [quote author=Joey link=topic=43694.msg231337#msg231337 date=1432509577]
I am aware that I have posted a couple threads already in Strategies and Tips, and it is because I'm starting to notice that there are tons of things I do that other people do not take advantage of. (...)
Yeah and keep it on, Joey. Good one. It's always valueable to remind some things that ppl often overlook, e.g. that gauntlets are the cheapest armour upgrade. GJ. Didn't know about med boxes, too. I'm going to verify this asap.
[/quote]

I have tried multiple times to see if it is the case that if your reticle is pointed at the ground or an open spot that it will work a lot better. Of course it does not work 100 percent of the time, but it does seem to increase the rate of the medix boxes going down quite a bit.
(25-05-2015, 04:16 PM)Joey link Wrote: While it is true that the price of only a few hand armor is not worth it, that does not make it any less useful. 4 body armor is actually quite a lot, in my opinion. Of course I am not saying that the price of hand armor is worth it, I am saying that the few extra armor points will take you somewhere.

Some of the upgrades between armours only yield a change of +2 or +4 armour, hence the cost-benefit is disproportionate when compared to a few thousand that could be spent on wisby/ornate gauntlets.

You see a lot of people with decent craftable armourĀ  but no gloves.
[Image: Zqret9U.jpg]

There once was a rather strange mammal,
Who went by the name of Saxon Camel,
With the Fire & Sword,
He killed all the Nords,
And burned down his own TeamSpeak Channel.

Keeping to the NI Faith:
[spoiler][img=241x200]http://i.gyazo.com/ed04d6c623c775ea761d298a2f72c6de
(25-05-2015, 05:59 PM)SaxonCamel link Wrote: [quote author=Joey link=topic=43694.msg231390#msg231390 date=1432570569]
While it is true that the price of only a few hand armor is not worth it, that does not make it any less useful. 4 body armor is actually quite a lot, in my opinion. Of course I am not saying that the price of hand armor is worth it, I am saying that the few extra armor points will take you somewhere.

Some of the upgrades between armours only yield a change of +2 or +4 armour, hence the cost-benefit is disproportionate when compared to a few thousand that could be spent on wisby/ornate gauntlets.

You see a lot of people with decent craftable armourĀ  but no gloves.
[/quote]

While this is true, I am not only talking about nord invasion as some mods actually do have decent craftable gauntlets for decent prices.
[/quote]
Really nice post, thanks for the info!
Joey, I believe Saxon means that gauntlets are well worth the price comparing to body armour that you have to spend much more for to obtain the same armour rating upgrade. E.g. when owning Trans next body armour upgrade (Halfplate / Heraldic Trans) will cost not less than ca. 12m offering +2 body armour, while changing Swadian Gants to Defender Gants will cost ca. 2m and gives +2 body armoru as well (not to mention if you still use Plate Mittens...). So you guys actually seem to agree.