Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Remove Map change poll
(22-12-2011, 11:22 AM)Deathwhisper link Wrote: Well, maybe put kick polls back and only disable map change polls.
We have better system now. Kick poll got way too over abuzed so it is not coming back I believe.
And then about that only one map in server feature, I don't think it is good idea. It sounds boring and may have a lot of other problems..
If it happens to often then perhaps simply raising the polling success threshold would be a good deterrent.
My 2 cents.

The main grief with map polling comes from cavalry and is entirely justified. I have myself faced this problem a couple of times: you take your pony to train mounted xp, you find a server without any players so as not to spoil anyone's game with your choice of maps, change the map to Beach Assault and start training. In time, a few other cavalry players join you and everything is nice.

But then, infantry players come and start those stupid polls to change the map. Majority of players are footmen in this mod, so this means that in time, you are guaranteed to be overwhelmed in polls and the map will be changed to Mountain Pass or Town. So after you put up some effort not to spoil other players' experience, other players come and spoil your experience. Just freaking great.

So what I think we need is just two servers dedicated to cavalry with only Beach Assault and Swadian Village maps available. Maybe as the number of cavalry players grows and the server pool expands, more servers will be cav-based (and their map selection will expand as well).

This obviously does not prevent infantrymen and archers from playing on cavalry maps, nor does it prevent horsemen joining the battle at Mountain Pass. However as horsemen will naturally flock to those two servers, they'll be more likely to outvote those pesky footmen. :-)
Quote:My Little Personal Scripting Workshop (Companions Overseer presentation; Better Trade Goods, Better Civilians and Siege Camp Icon mini-mods; Scene Prop Iterator and AgentFinder script libraries).
Well polling is great when people are glitching the map and people are dead and waiting ... specially on mountain map.

The guy can kill knights one by one by the shrine but it takes forever.. and for earlier waves where there will be no respawn follwing the wage , it's just even worse... See who are the most common players , give them admin and display the name of the person who starts the poll. Then punish the guy Smile
This.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
(29-12-2011, 02:22 PM)Senni link Wrote:
This.
[/quote]

Totally agree, i'm not cav myself, but i like to ride my pony sometimes, so when i see "beach assault or village i jump on this server.
I often see other cav in here and we have great fun, then other players come and play with us.
They all die like stupid rambo (i don't say all infantry are stupid rambo, but when you have cav on our team you should be smart to understand that cav will help you by luring bots, meaning you can kill bots one by one).
And, stupid dead rambo start to poll to change map...

Please remove poll for dead people, it's stupid when dead ppl change the map you are playing on and still alive, this is unfair.

I'm abit raging here, because last time, we were 3  guys playing on village (we were 2 with ponies and shared them) then new players entered the party, they all died, we were fighting Zweihanders (and doing it well) we could have kill all the bots, but those bastard did a poll and map was changed to Jeladen map (just like if there was no server with jeladen map).
[URL=http://"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2W4FsDVKMY"]"Tu vois, le monde se divise en deux catégories, ceux qui ont un pistolet chargé et ceux qui creusent. Toi tu creuse. "[/URL]
A decent routation will work too.

Like this:

Cave
Beach
Town
City
Village
Mountain
Citadel

Or when mroe cav maps are made, just switch.

First a non-cav map, then a cav map, a non-cav map, a cav map.....