Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Remove Map change poll
I would like to suggest the removal of the map change poll, for all or some of the current servers. At the moment its being abused, and used when there are a few survivors against the rest of a wave, regardless of the survivors chances to win.

In addition, since there are alot of servers now, we could have servers with a different map each. For example:

eu 1 } swadian town
eu 2 }

eu 3 } swadian village
eu 4 }

eu 5 } beach
eu 6 }

eu 7 } cave
eu 8 }

then adjust the remaining servers to match demand or have them as the servers with map change poll.

Just plain fed up of this madness. As heavy cav I tend to survive longer than others, only rarely am I actually allowed to finish off a wave due to the spam of map change polls.

EDIT: of course this is just a suggestion, and the exact number of servers with each map can be adjusted.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
-Support
Seems a fine idea, if the server admins agree

Its kind of a mixed bag actually.... If everyone, say, wanted to grind at the Mountain Pass, then those few servers would be full. And if people wanted to have a variety in their map of choice, they have to switch servers that have a few empty slots., might cut them off when it suddenly becomes full.

I somewhat agree that your idea is much simpler, but in the case of overflooding one particular server map, it might be a problem.
[Image: 2n6u4ux.png]
For the Honour of the Fallen Swadians.
You could add a script that disables map change polls after the death of the 1st boss.

Nevertheless, something has to be done to prevent map change polls midgame. Making dead players unable to start polls might also be a solution.
(21-12-2011, 04:56 PM)Johao link Wrote: Its kind of a mixed bag actually.... If everyone, say, wanted to grind at the Mountain Pass, then those few servers would be full. And if people wanted to have a variety in their map of choice, they have to switch servers that have a few empty slots., might cut them off when it suddenly becomes full.

I somewhat agree that your idea is much simpler, but in the case of overflooding one particular server map, it might be a problem.

I suggested to use the last two servers to combat overflooding by either having them as the most played map, or having them have polls enabled.

with polls enabled they would be switched to whatever was in demand at that time.
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
(21-12-2011, 05:14 PM)Deathwhisper link Wrote: Making dead players unable to start polls might also be a solution.

Polling is nice when you want a change and the majority agrees, but it get's ridiculous when it's rejected and the spamming begins. So I like your solution, if it is possible.
Did you guys think about the situation when there is a glitcher and he is afk/not moving in a place unreachable?
I think it works ok with Polls.

It's just the occasional time when people poll.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
(21-12-2011, 07:39 PM)Akrakorn link Wrote: Did you guys think about the situation when there is a glitcher and he is afk/not moving in a place unreachable?

Well, maybe put kick polls back and only disable map change polls.