Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Submission] Silvermine
Please feel free to give me any feedback you want.

MAP UPDATED.
AI pathing corrected, added addional scenery, smoothed landscape textures. Images below updated to shoe nord spawn improvements.

Without further ado:
The Swadian Silvermine

The Swadian army got wind that the Nords were planning an attack on the largest Silver Mine in the land, so we set up shop. We erected barricades, we fortified positions in the trees, we brought all the supplies we would ever need. But will it be enough to beat back the invading horde?

The map has the players defending a mine entrance set against a terrain generated mountainside in a dense forest. There are two treehouses, accessible by stairs. There are at least two possible chokepoints that players can use if they have the resources and speed to make it happen. There are three ammo boxes, two food stations, two anvils, two foraging spots, and a shrine. The nords have two spawns at opposite sides of the map, so they will be coming at players from multiple directions.

[/spoiler]

Here's the code:
Code:
scn_multi_scene_18 multi_scene_18 4352 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x00000000b00037630002308c00000c9400005d4c00000f3a
outer_terrain_plain
Here's the map:
http://i.minus.com/1346877229/JVEVATDaFX...ene_18.sco
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...493.0.html

Very helpful guide here if you need it.
[Image: gQUGcYN.gif?1]
Wow this map looks promising, nice work man
I love the idea and while I'm not sure about the technicalities, the map looks cool too Smile
Looks nice, perhaps try smoothing the mountains out a bit so the textures don't look as stretched.
(04-09-2012, 04:42 PM)Displeased_Peasant link Wrote: Looks nice, perhaps try smoothing the mountains out a bit so the textures don't look as stretched.

Smoothing with a low weight, hardness and size would do the trick
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
that was a great looking map  ;D ....now i have to go change my underwear
PEW PEW!!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!!!
PK_Wolfsblood: Prince kills 2 , thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsfang: thor kills 1
PK_Wolfsclaw: prince kills 2, Thor kills 1, odin kills 1
PK_Wolfman: prince kills 1
(04-09-2012, 02:16 PM)Jarold link Wrote: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...493.0.html

Very helpful guide here if you need it.
Thanks much for that Jarold! I designed the whole thing using the sticky in this forum, that one definitely has some missing pieces. The attached AI pathing tutorial link is also massively helpful. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go make sure my pathing actually allows the nords to kill people...

(04-09-2012, 04:44 PM)Senni link Wrote: [quote author=Displeased_Peasant link=topic=5778.msg48263#msg48263 date=1346776937]
Looks nice, perhaps try smoothing the mountains out a bit so the textures don't look as stretched.

Smoothing with a low weight, hardness and size would do the trick
[/quote]

Awesome, thanks guys. I'm going to give the smoothing a whack and see what I can fix.

Thanks to everyone else for the compliments! I'm not done with the map quite yet, had a few ideas for tweaks and such while I was sleeping, going to add some more vegetation, flaming rock balls fired from the trebuchet, etc. Keep it coming if you see any problems, glitches, improvements, anything! Smile
Quick tip, try not to have too many individual fire effects, as they are quite intensive (will reduce fps).
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
(04-09-2012, 10:14 PM)Senni link Wrote: Quick tip, try not to have too many individual fire effects, as they are quite intensive (will reduce fps).
Thanks Senni. I may just take out the fire on the steeple roof altogether. I tried playing around with the scaling on the fire_big sprite and it scales horizontally along X and Y, but you cant actually increase the height of the flames, whcih kinda sucks. I'd much prefer to use one sprite than 10, and if its going to cause problems, i'll just axe it. Big Grin