Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Midgame to Late game transition
Hello NI community,

I'm not really sure if this is  a problem, but I've been experiencing a bit of a blockade transitioning from Midgame to end game.

I think in reality my gear = Noob tier, most of my stuff is Marketplace, but what I'm finding is that I'm really incapable of getting into anything higher right now.

For example, I have been playing a pikeman for awhile now, rocking Jarids, and I was like, well I got like 200k and it'll be awhile til I'm 52 and can hero. Maybe I'll buy better throwing weapons. I thought 200k was a lot. But it seems like the next best thing cost around 1 million.

Is there any midgame gear that I'm missing, I can't find anything on the AH and it'll be decades before I can afford to craft anything through blacksmithing.

Feels like I missed a step somewhere!

Is there any gear in between, like I want to get Short heavy cades but they apparently cost 400- 500k as well.

(14-08-2015, 03:08 PM)korey link Wrote:Hello NI community,

I'm not really sure if this is  a problem, but I've been experiencing a bit of a blockade transitioning from Midgame to end game.

I think in reality my gear = Noob tier, most of my stuff is Marketplace, but what I'm finding is that I'm really incapable of getting into anything higher right now.

For example, I have been playing a pikeman for awhile now, rocking Jarids, and I was like, well I got like 200k and it'll be awhile til I'm 52 and can hero. Maybe I'll buy better throwing weapons. I thought 200k was a lot. But it seems like the next best thing cost around 1 million.

Is there any midgame gear that I'm missing, I can't find anything on the AH and it'll be decades before I can afford to craft anything through blacksmithing.

Feels like I missed a step somewhere!

Is there any gear in between, like I want to get Short heavy cades but they apparently cost 400- 500k as well.

Try join hard and rag runs, even if you dont loot mats, you can get money from the assist XP
Wallace Mormont: wtf
Wallace Mormont: you cant use same
Wallace Mormont: weapon
[Image: Untitled_zpspihatt24.jpg]

[Image: Pilums%20look%20so%20good_zps7eejolna.png]
You aren't transitioning into late game FYI, you are in the early stages of the early game, it would help if we knew exactly what gear you have so we can give you some info on what comes next.

If all you have is marketplace then I can recommend eastern heavy red, blur, or green armor(100k) or pikemans plated vest over mail(100k). Then you could either start saving up for CTS which are around 800k or you could go for a rus helm which is around 200k. Easiest way to upgrade a bit is better gauntlets, currently the best for pikemen is (ornate) hourglass gauntlets unless you go halberdier. Hero on pikeman isn't as important as good armor and weapons.
StuStu-All I'll say buddy is Arbilest or however it's spelt, crafting price means nothing in NI, if you are a long time player you should know that yourself, I'm done arguing with someone who's naive as ****
[Image: lNYrB9c.png]
(14-08-2015, 03:08 PM)korey link Wrote:For example, I have been playing a pikeman for awhile now, rocking Jarids, and I was like, well I got like 200k and it'll be awhile til I'm 52 and can hero. Maybe I'll buy better throwing weapons. I thought 200k was a lot. But it seems like the next best thing cost around 1 million.
I think the discrepancy is in your perspective: 1 million is not really late game. Play as much hard and rag as you can, and hope to get crafting materials that can sell for 40k+ (scale, water, lead, sulphur, etc). I would buy CTS next, even though you can pick up others' weapons, having your own will allow you to get farther when there is no one around to carry. Also look on forums, since buying crafted items is less expensive than crafting them yourself.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(14-08-2015, 05:10 PM)Malong link Wrote:[quote author=korey link=topic=46395.msg239271#msg239271 date=1439564912]
I think the discrepancy is in your perspective: 1 million is not really late game. Play as much hard and rag as you can, and hope to get crafting materials that can sell for 40k+ (scale, water, lead, sulphur, etc). I would buy CTS next, even though you can pick up others' weapons, having your own will allow you to get farther when there is no one around to carry. Also look on forums, since buying crafted items is less expensive than crafting them yourself.
[/quote]

I agree. Late game means something different here.

Also, you shouldn't look at the stuff you have as bad. Jarids are a very good weapon; they're not as good as others, sure, but they do a whole lot of damage, especially to shields.
If you can survive one ranger shot with the armor you have, that makes it worth it.

Everything you have, as far as I know, is good enough for a Ragnarok run. You're fine.

And, yes, there is a huge price gap, which is a problem that the developers are aware of.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
hmm, I guess I'm treating this as an arcade game when its really not. I play for about 5 hours a week tops on a regular week (Wife is out of town currently, so I'm on as much as possible) I just find it really hard to farm that much money. Maybe I just don't have the time to commit thats necessary.
(18-08-2015, 05:51 PM)korey link Wrote:Maybe I just don't have the time to commit thats necessary.

This.

Take all the hours you have played on all the games you have on your steam account and then you are getting close to the time that many people have put into Nord Invasion.

Most people who have higher tier gear have played for hundreds of hours. And many others have played for thousands of hours.
Add Trialsking in steam for trading.
Ya, problem being is I work full time now, and moved in with my Girlfriend, you are looking at "Single, unemployed, recently graduated living at home with his parents" Korey.

But I was talking to some guys in game and they were saying they've been playing for a couple years now, that makes more sense because I think I'm one of the few relatively new players around!
(14-08-2015, 04:23 PM)FV_HappyMonk3y99 link Wrote:You aren't transitioning into late game FYI, you are in the early stages of the early game, it would help if we knew exactly what gear you have so we can give you some info on what comes next.

If all you have is marketplace then I can recommend eastern heavy red, blur, or green armor(100k) or pikemans plated vest over mail(100k). Then you could either start saving up for CTS which are around 800k or you could go for a rus helm which is around 200k. Easiest way to upgrade a bit is better gauntlets, currently the best for pikemen is (ornate) hourglass gauntlets unless you go halberdier. Hero on pikeman isn't as important as good armor and weapons.

Crafter Pikemans Plated Vest over mail, got hourglass gauntlets, made a rus helm, now saving for CTS, thank you sir, that was the information I was looking for! I ended up selling off my other characters gear (Was trying to gear 3 guys simultaneously) I'm able to do a couple waves of hard now solo! awesome.
(19-08-2015, 03:28 PM)korey link Wrote:Ya, problem being is I work full time now, and moved in with my Girlfriend, you are looking at "Single, unemployed, recently graduated living at home with his parents" Korey.
/shrug, I work full time at a startup, finished undergrad a little over 9 years ago, and am busy most weekends. I still managed to craft Tome, Aegis Shield, Master Surgeon Kit, Big Ammo Crate, Siege Helmet, and buy two legendaries without trading any legendary in return. Progression is attributed to efficiently using your time, instead of pooping on your misconception of other players' lives.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.