Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Auction Hall Sale Confirmations
It has come to my attention that some are unfortunate enough to mistakenly price items wrong on the auction hall, only to have them sell instantly for a ridiculously low price.
Best solution would be to prevent it.

I am aware that this feature has been requested before, this is actually a huge problem.
http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...348.0.html

As far as I know it could a fix could be implemented very easily, it needs to be raised on the priority list.

FIX IN DETAIL:
If an item is of or above a certain quality (marketplace+ and personal crafted) a dialogue box should appear.
This dialogue box could be presented as such -

The person selling would see that they forgot a 0 on their listing and change it to 475,000.

Boom, everyone can rest easy knowing they'll never accidently underprice or overprice by a factor of 10.
Zaro - Lvl.52 Zweihander
Zaroo - Lvl.52 Warden
Zarooo - Lvl.19 Pikeman
Zaroooo- Lvl.24 Crossbowman

Loots:
Ancient Greatsword : 1/13/2015 - sold, but now I have another one.
I do not think this issue is analogous to the previous feature request you linked. Your sample feature request concerns buying, the risk of which is mitigated by the presence of a comma separating thousands in auction listings. You are requesting a change in listing sales to prevent pricing mistakes by orders of magnitude. The "Listed Items" column in the Auction Hall already has commas for players to catch missing digits (which is precisely your example). At that point, they can already edit the price and update.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
While the commas are certainly a great help, after an item is listed it doesn't prevent someone from spotting the listed item and scooping it up for a steal. A selling confirmation screen is baseline in many systems for items of high value. Giving a person an extra chance to see what they are buying or selling before finalizing a purchase is the same system that we use when writing checks. We not only write the number out, we also spell it out. If an extra precaution were to be put in place, the occurrences of the problem would diminish even further.

While my post concerns selling and the previous concerns buying, both problems have to do with the appearance of misplaced zeros and can be "fixed" using my solution.
Zaro - Lvl.52 Zweihander
Zaroo - Lvl.52 Warden
Zarooo - Lvl.19 Pikeman

Loots:
(17-08-2015, 09:31 PM)Zaro link Wrote: While the commas are certainly a great help, after an item is listed it doesn't prevent someone from spotting the listed item and scooping it up for a steal.
Let's say someone submits a price with the wrong order of magnitude, they see this:
[Image: 3inkeK6.png]

The "Listed Items" column literally shows the user the price at which they listed the item with commas separating every (10^3)^n (n ∈ natural numbers). At that point, they can fix the price and update it.

Funny side note: after I listed the scrap metal for 10k just to demonstrate my point, YourDoom decided to list his at 5,000.

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
But this doesn't prevent an item from being listed incorrectly before it is listed.

This is very important when selling items of relatively high value.

400,000 40,000 = really fast sale
Zaro - Lvl.52 Zweihander
Zaroo - Lvl.52 Warden
Zarooo - Lvl.19 Pikeman

Loots:
(19-08-2015, 08:10 AM)Zaro link Wrote: But this doesn't prevent an item from being listed incorrectly before it is listed.
Do you really think random people on the auction house will see it before the seller who's already on the page to edit the prices of their items? Which scenario do you think is more likely:

* A user lists an item for sale, is already on their page of listed items, sees the error, fixes the price.
* A user lists an item for sale, doesn't look at the summary of listed items (despite already being on this page), closes the browser window or tab, someone else notices the item and buys it.

(19-08-2015, 08:10 AM)Zaro link Wrote: This is very important when selling items of relatively high value.

400,000 40,000 = really fast sale
If you're going to reiterate your point, I guess I will too: a user lists their own, immediately sees the price is too low, and edits it. The user is already being in the page, it's not like listing an item for sale closes your browser. Implementing additional failsafes for people who are already on the page of their items listed for sale may as well be the definition of redundant.

You're right, it is redundant.
People will make mistakes.
There's nothing that can be done about it.

Thanks for taking the time to deliberate with me.  Smile
Zaro - Lvl.52 Zweihander
Zaroo - Lvl.52 Warden
Zarooo - Lvl.19 Pikeman

Loots: