Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Noname's Map Corner
Alright, so I started making a map like a year ago and recently continued doing it. If anyone would like to use some of the cading places or similar stuff I'm using in the map, please ask me first, though I'll most likely let You use it Tongue

There is no name for it yet and I would love to get some feedback on what to add/change/whatever.

I do know that there still are lots and lots of things to improve/remove/add, which is what I need Your feedback for.

Name suggestions: Swadian Highlands, looking for more

Screenies:
I can add more screenies, just tell me what You'd like to see of the map.

If anyone knows how to actually try out the map, I'd really appreciate finding it out. I know how to play a map usually, but NI wouldn't let me spawn; In some older version of NI (0.4.5?) one could edit the map whilst playing and having bots at the same time
(10-07-2015, 06:38 PM)Hande link Wrote: There are multiple ways to do it.

- Download dedicated server files and host game in your network. You can edit config files to add bots in.
- Join to any NI server and then exit your game back to lobby(Don't shut it down). Then host a local server with duel gamemode and bots spawn in.
- There are few other ways to do it but those are easy to do.

How to spawn bots, though it only works for me in death match, not in duel mode oddly.

Anyway, outstanding work on the map, very nicely done with numerous areas of the city to fight in.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

Interesting map. Can I have the scene file and code ?
NI maps (The forgotten bay Nordic Fortress / Frosthaven / Medieval fields / River's conflict / Swadian Mines )
Regarding how to test the map, we now have a wiki page on the subject: http://wiki.nordinvasion.com/doku.php?id...ocalserver
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
(21-08-2015, 02:35 AM)Kip link Wrote: Regarding how to test the map, we now have a wiki page on the subject: http://wiki.nordinvasion.com/doku.php?id...ocalserver
Thanks for the hint, I'm gonna try it out  Wink
Alright, that worked out pretty well, huge thanks for pointing it out Wink
There are just 2 things keeping me from improving the map:

1) There seem to be invisible walls near the map edges, which aren't shown in the Editor; Those keep me away from accessing some cading spots, just like in this screenie (Marked red)
2) Is there any way to get dev status in Your own server? Just to try out the actual cading with bots and check some things on the map
(22-08-2015, 12:26 PM)Noname link Wrote: Alright, that worked out pretty well, huge thanks for pointing it out Wink
There are just 2 things keeping me from improving the map:

1) There seem to be invisible walls near the map edges, which aren't shown in the Editor; Those keep me away from accessing some cading spots, just like in this screenie (Marked red)

Its too close to the edge of the map, there is an invisible wall, or in other words, your stuffed, unless you move all the props at the same time further away from the edge, which will take time, clicking with your mouse.

if you hold left ctrl, when you click on a placed object you can control lots of them at once, and move them all at the same time.

Wallace Mormont: wtf
Wallace Mormont: you cant use same
Wallace Mormont: weapon
[Image: Untitled_zpspihatt24.jpg]

[Image: Pilums%20look%20so%20good_zps7eejolna.png]
There is no way to join as a developer on your own server (unless you are in fact a developer).  You should not need to join as a developer to test where the Nords run, however.  Keep in mind that if you setup port forwarding, you can have other people join the server to help you test.

Note: You can join as an admin using whatever password you set in the config which will let you change/reset maps.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
(22-08-2015, 02:58 PM)Non-Political Proton link Wrote:
Its too close to the edge of the map, there is an invisible wall, or in other words, your stuffed, unless you move all the props at the same time further away from the edge, which will take time, clicking with your mouse.

if you hold left ctrl, when you click on a placed object you can control lots of them at once, and move them all at the same time.
[/quote]
Alright, thanks for that way not to move everything one by one Tongue

(22-08-2015, 03:32 PM)Kip link Wrote: There is no way to join as a developer on your own server (unless you are in fact a developer).  You should not need to join as a developer to test where the Nords run, however.  Keep in mind that if you setup port forwarding, you can have other people join the server to help you test.

Note: You can join as an admin using whatever password you set in the config which will let you change/reset maps.
yep, I already figured out joining as admin, thanks for pointing it out, though :S