Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Server Size
Just going to throw the idea out there, higher server cap limit? Instead of being 16 how about 20-25?
What does the community think about this idea?
straw poll: http://strawpoll.me/5344094
More players, more bots.

More bots, more crashing.

More crashing, less people.

16 is the max because any more and lots of bots start to spawn - 17, 18 and 19 are normally okay, but 20 to 21 it starts to become pretty FPS intensive, and very hard on the server.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
That. Efficiency problems can be observed on high waves while there are 16 players. I'm affraid more could be a problem to the machines...
Increasing it to 18 would be great else houses with admins have a huge adventage in events since they often got 20 players.
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
I believe back in the good old days when VLKA was very populated and active, there were no caps for admin slots on public servers, and this led to servers sometimes having 20-25 people on them. Not only are the maps and areas kind of designed for 16 player teams and not nearly double that (think how crowded it would be), but having 20-25 players on a server at once started causing crashing issues, hence why there is only 1 admin slot on public servers now (4 slots during events). Increasing the player cap that high is not a good idea, and I seriously doubt the developers would increase it given that it would strain the servers more.
Official Banner Update Pack - http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,25828.0.html
Perseus     (Lvl 52 Royal Guard)
Artemis     (Lvl 52 Warden)
Hephaestus (Lvl 52 Zweihander)
Ares          (Lvl 52 Pikeman Hybrid)
Hestia       (Lvl 24 Heavy Xbow)

Loots: 1x Sun Pike
(29-08-2015, 06:47 PM)greekdragonkdl link Wrote: I believe back in the good old days when VLKA was very populated and active, there were no caps for admin slots on public servers, and this led to servers sometimes having 20-25 people on them. Not only are the maps and areas kind of designed for 16 player teams and not nearly double that (think how crowded it would be), but having 20-25 players on a server at once started causing crashing issues, hence why there is only 1 admin slot on public servers now (4 slots during events). Increasing the player cap that high is not a good idea, and I seriously doubt the developers would increase it given that it would strain the servers more.

What about make the server cap 20, and don't give favoritism to admins to push the server over the limit?  They could join to kick afk's and ect, but shouldn't stay when they push the server over the limit.
Legendary Drops:
(29-08-2015, 08:11 PM)TheGrayDragon link Wrote: [quote author=greekdragonkdl link=topic=46995.msg241180#msg241180 date=1440874020]
I believe back in the good old days when VLKA was very populated and active, there were no caps for admin slots on public servers, and this led to servers sometimes having 20-25 people on them. Not only are the maps and areas kind of designed for 16 player teams and not nearly double that (think how crowded it would be), but having 20-25 players on a server at once started causing crashing issues, hence why there is only 1 admin slot on public servers now (4 slots during events). Increasing the player cap that high is not a good idea, and I seriously doubt the developers would increase it given that it would strain the servers more.

What about make the server cap 20, and don't give favoritism to admins to push the server over the limit?  They could join to kick afk's and ect, but shouldn't stay when they push the server over the limit.
[/quote]

The server cap is fine where it is, there isn't any need to change it. An admin joining and taking the 17th slot does not push the server over the limit, but pushing to 20-21 slots would more likely push the server limits more. The admins are allowed and able to join full servers past the normal player limit so they can join to kick/ban troublemakers should they need to, as it would be silly for admins to have to refresh and wait for a slot to open up to do so. Being able to join full servers is also a perk to admins, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Anyways, I am pretty positive an idea has been brought up as a suggestion before. There isn't much reason to change the player limit. If a server is full, you can simply get you and some friends together and start a run on a separate server (there's usually several open to choose from). Even if you have 4-5 friends who can join that server, random people will eventually join and soon enough it'll be a full server too.
Official Banner Update Pack - http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,25828.0.html
Perseus     (Lvl 52 Royal Guard)
Artemis     (Lvl 52 Warden)
Hephaestus (Lvl 52 Zweihander)
Ares          (Lvl 52 Pikeman Hybrid)
Hestia       (Lvl 24 Heavy Xbow)

Loots: 1x Sun Pike
Since its kinda sort of in the realm of the same topic= what about if you could swap characters from inside a server, don't even know if it is possible but it would eliminate one of the main reasons people lose their spots in servers.
StuStu-All I'll say buddy is Arbilest or however it's spelt, crafting price means nothing in NI, if you are a long time player you should know that yourself, I'm done arguing with someone who's naive as ****
[Image: lNYrB9c.png]
(30-08-2015, 02:29 PM)FV_HappyMonk3y99 link Wrote: Since its kinda sort of in the realm of the same topic= what about if you could swap characters from inside a server, don't even know if it is possible but it would eliminate one of the main reasons people lose their spots in servers.

This is a great idea.
Looted Legendaries:
Tower Shield - 20/08/2013
Eagle Crossbow - 16/07/2015
(30-08-2015, 02:29 PM)FV_HappyMonk3y99 link Wrote: Since its kinda sort of in the realm of the same topic= what about if you could swap characters from inside a server, don't even know if it is possible but it would eliminate one of the main reasons people lose their spots in servers.

This idea needs it's own thread, definitely something that's worthy of the devs time.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge