Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Remove listing fee
I'm been buying and selling a lot on the auction hall and there is not a lot of traffic. I've noticed a lot of people talking about the AH and that it's a joke. That the real trades happen in the forums to bypass the listing fee. The whole point of a fee is to eat up gold and to limit the sellers and their high price points.

The Fee is doing none of this but is separating the economy. Could it get removed so people can use it to list anything?
(29-08-2015, 02:41 AM)rasb23 link Wrote:I'm been buying and selling a lot on the auction hall and there is not a lot of traffic. I've noticed a lot of people talking about the AH and that it's a joke. That the real trades happen in the forums to bypass the listing fee. The whole point of a fee is to eat up gold and to limit the sellers and their high price points.

The Fee is doing none of this but is separating the economy. Could it get removed so people can use it to list anything?

There has to be some sort of gold sink to keep the economy from overflowing. The ah plays a big part in that.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
I think the AH fee / comision  should stay. Without it we would observe lots of listings with really high prices. Also the average price gets limited bu the fee since ppl do not set items overpriced as they want to avoid paying the fee and then getting the listing closed without transaction.
You pay for house invites as well which cost often more.
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
(29-08-2015, 06:47 AM)Bobo link Wrote:I think the AH fee / comision  should stay. Without it we would observe lots of listings with really high prices. Also the average price gets limited bu the fee since ppl do not set items overpriced as they want to avoid paying the fee and then getting the listing closed without transaction.

Economics 101.

More supply = less demand = lower price
Less supply = more demand = higher price

if you remove the listing fee more people will list because it will essentially be a "Free market"

This will keep the overall prices in check because it'll be more competitive, the higher listed items just won't sell unless someone is really desperate or there are no alternatives.

So really it should help more with limiting the average price.
(29-08-2015, 06:47 AM)Bobo link Wrote:I think the AH fee / comision  should stay. Without it we would observe lots of listings with really high prices. Also the average price gets limited bu the fee since ppl do not set items overpriced as they want to avoid paying the fee and then getting the listing closed without transaction.

As oppose to the low prices of scrape metal listed for 6k? Overpricing is not the issue as the economy is already destroyed from a few different factors. The listing cost is not a gold sink in the least when compared to the Hero rank requirements - 1st thing breaking the economy.

Removing the listing cost has nothing to do with saving money. It has everything to do with making an existing tool more useful and the central trading hub.

Please read first before replying:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_market
not everyone knows about the forums/can be bothered to frequent them. in order to attract new players, the auction hall should fill that niche. it shoulden't cost more than it's worth to list a highlander claymore, flamburge, trans etc on the AH, perhaps the listing fee could be refunded if the item is not sold at the end of auction.
Going Deep
If you turn AH into a Free Market, then new players will never understand what's the real value of an item because there will be a bunch of Hardened Metals listed for 20k , so he/she will put up their items according to those values, everything will be a huge mess. The best part of AH fee is that it prevents extremely overvalued purchases , if you want to put a HM for 60k , you have to pay the big fee.
DB_Merarches- Legionnaire
DB_Kratos - Master Peltast
DB_ - Warden

Loots:

17.11.2017 - Dark Gothic Greaves
(30-08-2015, 06:35 AM)Kratos link Wrote:If you turn AH into a Free Market, then new players will never understand what's the real value of an item because there will be a bunch of Hardened Metals listed for 20k , so he/she will put up their items according to those values, everything will be a huge mess. The best part of AH fee is that it prevents extremely overvalued purchases , if you want to put a HM for 60k , you have to pay the big fee.

As opposed to the already overpriced HM going for 8-9k each? Or opposed to the ability of players who post forum trades to overprice items?

It's still suggested that players talk to thier friends before buying anything from anywhere - experienced players know values and going prices. Or, a simply post of "WTKTonguerices" in the proper place in the forums does the trick. The AH is a joke. Rarely does anything 'big' go on the market, hell some categories simply never have anything listed. As it sits, the AH is mats, marketplace items, and the occasional mid tier thing.

If you want to put up an HM on the market for 60k, feel free. Doesn't mean anyone will actually buy it. Prices are already determined by what people are willing to pay, not based on the AH fee. I've seen rough cloth on the auction hall for 5k lol.

The problem isn't overpricing alone, it's the huge price gap between items. I'm a warden class for example - I could, after buying my warbow and some bodkin arrows, simply go no farther without dropping 400K into the sink for the next bow in the line. I was bloody amazed to find War arrows on the AH for that matter - let alone anything beyond low tier crafted items.

The forums are not used nearly as much as they should be in terms of trading - and even when new players, such as myself, do check the forums - a cryout of "Wow. This is expensive as hell" goes out. I mean step from T4, drop 750K for hero, and then you've gotta grind out another 1-2m for some boots?

The economy is already in shambles. I like the idea of at least trying what Madjosh suggests - refund the auction price afterwards. Perhaps then, players will see bigger ticket items on the AH, rather than "PM me" offers listed in the forums.

Or perhaps anything that is listed over a certain price not carrying an AH listing fee. Something to put more items into AH circulation.

~M
All i can see that can be improved for AH is

-The max cost of putting up something being 25k so you could put up some Trans etc but dont fell bad (500k+ items)
-Being able to see your mats from AH in your crafting
-Able to use the armor/weapon that you put up there till it get sold
-Get a popup if you buy something for 250k+ saying "Do you what to buy this item"
-Get a popup if you what to post a Legendary saying "Do you what to sell this Legendary"
Etc...

Over all Ah is not that bad but like with all thing it can be improved. it not that bad i would rather get the Dev team to spend time on other things atm

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|