Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread
(29-03-2016, 06:29 PM)Sargent Q Wrote: I notice one thing in what you have said there.  That you are comparing them based off of their price.  These are legendary's.  More than anything else in the game the price is determined by the community.  If you think that the AB is OP for its price.  Its up to you to change that price.

Its the same thing with everything here.  People have this mindset of what it sells for right off the bat is what its worth.   The AB is in fact the legendary that i have seen change the most in price in my time playing this mod.  Stuff like the 1 handed weapons that had the price determined 2 or 3 years ago still have not changed since than.  Despite far more people using them now.  

Or Plate over Leather.  Despite the number that have now dropped and the few amount of people left interested in it the price is still considered at 50 mil.  Even if you don't get any offers to that effect.

Oh and for the record.  I own a EK and not a AB and I think its fine.

The price of legendary weapons is determined by the community, true, and it doesn't always reflect its stats. But what i'm trying to say is not about the wrong value given to those items by the players, i'm suggesting changes based on the two sword types and current stats taking game consistency into account. I'll try to rephrase without mentionig price: 2h sword are generally better stat-wise comparing to bastard swords of the same tier. An entry level craftable 2h as swadian greatsword has more damage than an entry level craftable as steel crusader's bastard sword; the best 2h house craftable sword, elegant greatsword, has better stats than justice/injustice, the best house craftable bastard sword. Keeping the game balance consistency would mean having the legendary sword right above the best craftable 2h that is better that the legendary bastard sword right above the best craftable bastard sword. That is the pattern that i followed, not taking price into account, but only stats and "tier".

I'm not saying that EK is bad while AB is good, and i believe when you say you're fine with EK while not owning AB. Of course EK is still a top-tier slashing weapon, being a poor new player i would give my ass for it (but that would be considered a transaction outside of NI, and thus forbidden), i just find it should be at least a tiny bit better than AB considering how all the other 2h swords relate to their bastard counterpart of the same level throughout the mod.

Does my suggestion holds value if i put in this terms?

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - by keru_90 - 29-03-2016, 07:04 PM
RE: 1.5.0 Client Release - by DR. - 18-01-2017, 08:14 AM
RE: 1.5.0 Client Release - by Winter - 18-01-2017, 08:28 AM